Anyways, as my school was far, i need transportation support to get to and from school. My school schedule was after my parents time when they work. I had to take the RTD. This was critical part of my life , I 'm growing up too fast i thought. Setting an alarm for myself and heading out down 7 blocks to the bus stop. As any kid, Waking up early sucks.
In my case, I had to wake up even earlier to get the bus and make it to school on time. Waking up to my custom alarm tone of an electric beat, i get dress in my normal black or blue uniform shirt and typical jeans. Oh yeah...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- At some point in our lives we are confronted with a problem. This problem inevitably shapes who we become. My greatest obstacle came early in life; when I was in 8th grade, I was arrested for possession of marijuana. I was 13 at the time, I had just transferred to a new school for the third time in the past three years. I felt more and more like a nomad every year. It was my last year of middle school and I was determined to make it the best before I started school at Granada Hills High School.... [tags: High school, College, Middle school, The Time]
761 words (2.2 pages)
- I had the pleasure interviewing Mr. Daryl Hills. Mr. Daryl Hills was a long-term substitute counselor at Cone Elementary, during my first four months working there. I worked at Cone Elementary as a Tutor for AmeriCorps through Black Child Development Institute of Greensboro. He was one of the first employees I met Cone Elementary, when he discovered I was a graduate student at North Carolina A&T State University our interactions became more frequent. He was excited to know that I was pursuing my Masters in School Counseling, he spoke very highly of the counseling profession and about his experience.... [tags: School counselor, High school, College, School]
1571 words (4.5 pages)
- At age five I entered my first day of school at James Foster elementary school with all of my fears packed up in my backpack, my favorite white and pink dress on and pig tails in my hair I was ready to conquer my first day of kindergarten. This day was going to start the rest of my educational history. As I waited with my mom to get in our lines to go to class I got overwhelmed with emotions of fear and doubt and began to cry which is normal for a kindergartener to do on the first day, in the midst of that I made a friend named Kara, my best friend to this day all because we cried having the same fears and doubts walking in to our first day together.... [tags: High school, Teacher, School, Education]
1156 words (3.3 pages)
- Time flies so fast. Looking back, my high school is just like a movie, a lot of things happened. High School is four years of growing up and probably a time in your life where you go through the most changes. In high school you are able to discover yourself and find out who you are as a person. Each year is special and unique in their own way. My journey through high school was a tough one, especially because I decided to not only focus on academic work but also to invest quality time in extra curriculum activities.... [tags: High school, College, Grade, Secondary school]
1541 words (4.4 pages)
- Introduction El Paso, TX is one of the safest cities in America while its neighboring city Juarez, Mexico has been known as one of the unsafest places in the world. Since El Paso and Mexico are so close to each other this directly reflects the culture and education that is in El Paso. The population of El Paso, Texas is 672,538. There are 60,000 students in 94 campuses in the district making El Paso Independent School District (EPISD) the 10th largest district in the state of Texas. EPISD has 48% percent of its students who are female and 52% are male.... [tags: High school, College, Middle school]
1013 words (2.9 pages)
- Five years from now I’ll be relaxing by the pool at my multi-million dollar bachelor pad. My butler, Cheeves, will be bringing me small plates of food upon my request and filling up my drink every five minutes. I will take a nice swim, a soak in the hot tub, and dry off with my specialty towel made out of hundred-dollar bills. After that I will take a private jet to meet with my financial advisor for dinner at the finest restaurant in New York. He will proceed to tell me how I am set for life and list off all the countries that I am richer than.... [tags: High school, Middle school, Future, Thought]
803 words (2.3 pages)
- My first experience with Facebook was back in high school. I associated it with regular mobile phone chatting applications. Most of my real life friends were members of Facebook, and they encouraged me to join the social website and make a “friend request” so that we could get connected. It was an intriguing experience because I had just heard rumors that it was an awesome chatting platform. The article by Ian Daly “Virtual Popularity Isn 't Cool—It 's Pathetic” (Daly) presents arguments and situations that have been closely connected to my experience with social media over the past several years that I have been an active member of several social media sites.... [tags: Social media, Facebook, MySpace, Twitter]
1336 words (3.8 pages)
- Since before I was even 1 year old, because before I was even one years old, I had a basketball in my hands. Im surprised it wasn 't my first word. it was my dads pray to be able to have a son who would have the opportunity to play college basketball and I am his answered prayer. since i was born basketball was the only sport I wanted to play. from elementary to middle school to high school thats all I played. Now i am playing basketball for Moravian Prep in Hudson North Carolina and I can smell the college basketball opportunity its so close.... [tags: High school, Middle school, Basketball, College]
1033 words (3 pages)
- Parents have to worry about leaving their kids home alone after school while they are at work. This is a more common occurrence than people think. Students are left unsupervised everyday after school, which puts those students at higher risk to put in bad situations than students that have a place to go after school. This problem can be solved by having an afterschool program to help students stay proactive after school and giving them a competitive environment while they can still learn and better themselves at the same time.... [tags: Social Issues]
1565 words (4.5 pages)
- I feel that in the experience middle school is, it is more teaching life skills and academics. It is more showing what kind of person that student could become. I believe when you are in the beginning around 6 th grade, they need to be more controlled and guided to that self-discipline and if all teachers in the school are doing the same, then by 8 th grade they should know what self-discipline is and be able to respect teachers, the classroom itself, and their peers. I believe that it doesn’t matter whether a student is basically good or disruptive; when it comes to behavior it comes down to how they were raised.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Middle school]
860 words (2.5 pages)