At my dad’s ranch, I sat with him for hours looking at the clear sky full with starts, it was beautiful because there were fireflies and all kind of sounds of creatures. Later in life, I bought a telescope and watched the moon and planets, and joined an astronomy group. I still like astronomy and to watch the moon, planets and meteor showers every year.
During my years in middle school, I read hundreds of books and spent the brakes at the library so I did not have a lot of friends. Never liked sports, but loved arts, painting, working with clay, and taking things apart, which I never put back together correctly, so my dad lost his shortwave radio, stereos, cassette players, and I spent a lot of time grounded in my room. It was great because I read and started writing. I discovered the TS building a half block from my house; I was fascinated with the information.
I still paint, and create art in several forms, fix everything at home, build structures, and write.
During my high school years, I continued loving my studies and was fascinated with social sciences, philosophy, world literature, world history and was fascinated. Studied more than ever and quitted playing with my friends because I wanted to learn and learned. I was a good student but I did not put too much effort on the school subjects, they were easy. I discovered Middle Eastern and world music. The world was absolutely exciting. I also, started to go on mission with the nuns to Ecuador and lived in indigenous communities, and learned their dialect. I studied...
... middle of paper ...
... my theater troupe. I like cold beer and Blues, and almost all type of music with a nice message.
I do not watch TV or news, read newspapers or engages on negative conversations. I do not allow negative or violent words or thought in my house. I am not satisfied with my current professional work because it is not helping to make people’s life better even though it is very interesting.
I like open-minded and compassionated thinkers. I am vegetarian and like to cook everything at home with fresh produces and I do not use any industrialized ingredients. I like hiking, nice movies and comedies, read my books, go to parties with nice friends. I definitely love a family life and my two children. I may go back to school to learn about business, which is an area I need to work on to create a better financial future for me and my children.
I love my Papa and Mama Patel
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Have you ever relied on someone or something for happiness so much to the point that you begin to forget what actually matters in life. I have. The summer before my junior year in high school, I met someone who would soon become a very important part of my life. At the age of 16, I was extremely naïve and vulnerable. It is not uncommon for people this age to make mistakes and learn from them. For me, the mistake I made, was allowing myself to fall in love. From our first date to a St. Louis Cardinal’s game to our last date at our favorite restaurant almost two years later, I loved him with everything I had.... [tags: Debut albums, 2007 singles]
1036 words (3 pages)
- In the confinements of my mind, I deny my feelings. It’s a coping strategy that I mistakenly think is healthy and is the right thing to do. At the age of 22 I’m starting to feel the effects of abandoning my emotions. I’m scared to express how I am feeling without others judging me. I find myself wondering exactly when I outgrew emotional bravery. Maybe it got lost somewhere in junior high amidst social anxieties and trying to fit in. I’ve adjusted my expectations, avoiding the hard, the difference, and the vulnerable.... [tags: Emotion, Psychology, Feeling, Suppression]
1689 words (4.8 pages)
- Approaching the age of 50 in a couple of months; and realizing where I am in my life has given me a sense of discontent. I have worked for over 30 years and I have learned most of my skills and developed my experience in the duration although, I have nothing to show for these accomplishments. I have been placed in management positions without the management pay and have succeeded as such. I have been placed in supervisory positions as well and have not received the adequate compensation for this position either.... [tags: Higher education, Education, Academic degree]
719 words (2.1 pages)
- Life gives each person different experiences that affect individual opportunities and future choices. My experiences have included sitting on both sides of the desk either seeking or providing assistance. I have chosen to use my experiences to help people to overcome their obstacles. My interest in the social work field began at the age of nineteen, while employed by a home health agency. Part of my responsibilities was to teach clients basic life skills, including basic budgeting, money and time management skills.... [tags: Sociology, Social work]
1079 words (3.1 pages)
- We live in a world where there is constant change, even if our daily routine stays the same the weather won’t stay perfectly in place for our convenience. I was aware of change. I had experienced a form of metamorphosis, but there is a difference between getting from one point to another and actually being awake during the transition. It’s not guaranteed that it will be a smooth transition either. I remember sitting in my first grade classroom among other students who, like me, didn’t know we were being trained to go out there in the ‘real world’; I can’t really recall what my idea of the “real world” was at that age.... [tags: High school, Academic term, Mind, College]
1299 words (3.7 pages)
- All my life ,I’ve always wanted to be someone in life who can actually make a difference to this world in a positive way. Ever since I was a little girl I pushed myself to always best I can be just . I lived in a town outside Los Angeles, California , it was called Van Nuys,California.The elementary school (Kittridge Elementary) I had went to was in a low income area, mainly spanish community had lived in the area I was living in at the time .I had a lot of friends (mainly mexicans) I focused a lot on being on time for school , staying on task in class, and finishing my homework.... [tags: High school, Middle school, Shame, Debut albums]
786 words (2.2 pages)
- Have you ever been told to do something you didn 't know how. To learn a skill you 've never been taught, to apply a trait you 've never been shown, and to complete an assignment you have no real grasp on, well I have. Right now as I write every word come up with everything thought my understanding of what actually needs to be accomplished fails me. But as I read what little information was provided to me about a topic, listened to bits my teacher was able to piece together her unable to teach what she herself was untaught, I came up with my best plan an option for success.... [tags: Thought, English-language films, Idea, Teacher]
1055 words (3 pages)
- At age five, I went on a plane and left my house, thinking “I’m never coming home.” Everything that mattered; my home, my family, and friends, I left behind to live with my dad in America. Like any parent, the best is what my child deserves, so he worked in California alone, with any money he could scrape up, he’d send to his two children in the Philippines. That is what makes me so appreciative over little things and quick not to judge, since you do not know how people grew up and do not have it easy.... [tags: Family, High school, Middle school, Father]
896 words (2.6 pages)
- At age 10, I had an OBE. One of my friends told me about how to relax and leave my body. I followed the instructions and left my body, but I was so scared that I came back immediately and never tried again. At my dad’s ranch, I sat with him for hours looking at the clear sky full with starts, it was beautiful because there were fireflies and all kind of sounds of creatures. Later in life, I bought a telescope and watched the moon and planets, and joined an astronomy group. I still like astronomy and to watch the moon, planets and meteor showers every year.... [tags: High school, Friendship, Love, Marriage]
1166 words (3.3 pages)
- We all have to learn at some point in our lives that we can not save everything. This is what I had to come to terms with early in my life when I still thought I could save every single person that was in trouble. Sadly this is not the case, and I learned that at a young age. Driving down the highway on the way to visit one of my siblings in Charlotte, North Carolina was not a new thing. It was a usual drive that my family made all the time due to the short drive of two hours. I sit in the passenger seat alongside my mother with my Converse sneakers propped up against the dashboard.... [tags: Debut albums, English-language films]
707 words (2 pages)
- President Obama Is The President Of The United States
- What Does It Mean?
- Should Athletes Get Illegal Drug Enhancers For Order For Winning Specific Sports Event?
- Why I Got Back At The Army
- No Positive Relationship Between Economic Development And Censorship
- Growing Up I Was A Diehard Basketball Player