One of the best decisions I have made as a student was to join Academy of Health Careers at Lafayette High School. It has given me so many great opportunities and has taught me lifetime skills. The biggest opportunity I got from the Academy of Health Careers was an internship to Lourdes Regional Medical Center, where I got to explore many fields. I consider my senior portfolio for Academy of Health Careers to be my noteworthy scholarly accomplishment. This specific assignment was only for seniors who were enlisted in Academy of Health Careers all through the four years of high school and that got an internship. This project showcased all my achievements and academic process throughout my high school journey and incorporated my research assignment. Everything that we did throughout our high school years especially in ...
... middle of paper ...
...r me to write my papers, which hopefully resolves my issue of having so many grammar mistakes. I hope that I’m able to improve in my writing skills and figure out how to compose great expert papers in my English 101 class, which will later help with my scholastic works.
My experience as a student throughout all years of school has been filled with so many positives that the negatives are not even worth talking about. I have learned numerous things that will help me in life and I feel confident that I am prepared for whatever impediment I may confront in future. On the off chance that I hadn’t joined Academy of Health Careers, I truly wouldn’t be the individual I am today and I would have no involvement in the medical field. These experiences as an student has characterized, molded my character, and helped me to develop into a youthful honorable man that I am today.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “Serious social media: On the use of social media for improving students’ adjustment to college” an article, published in June 2011, describes the results of a social media intervention developed with the intention of “increasing students’ perception of social support prior to their arrival on campus” (DeAndrea, Ellison, Larose, Steinfield, & Fiore, 2012). This experiment involved the design and implementation of an institutional specific social networking website called “Spartan Connect” which was to “facilitate connections for incoming students – enabling them to ask questions of one another and their residence hall mentors” (DeAndrea, Ellison, Larose, Steinfield, & Fiore, 2012).... [tags: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Essays]
2134 words (6.1 pages)
- If a classmate ever tried to argue that majoring in Pharmacy is too difficult, I would be their nemesis. As a college student I witness many students pursuing certain professions because they know their college years will be a breeze. I have never been one of those students. Over the past couple of years I have matured and have become a well-rounded person because of my involvement in school. Being a pre-pharmacy student has taught me how to strive for excellence in my classes and in other day- to-day activities.... [tags: Personal Experience]
1694 words (4.8 pages)
- The purpose of this study was to study coaches’ viewpoints on the personal development student-athletes experience within university sport. Discover the ways in which coaches understand, enable, and facilitate the personal development of student-athletes. How they facilitated opportunities for athletes’ personal development through sports. The article give personal examples from each coach that was interviewed, in not numbers or a certain population of student athletes. The research came from both male and female coach with their personal perspective on development of athletes, with hard data.... [tags: University, Higher education, Education, Student]
1888 words (5.4 pages)
- Through out a student college experience, there will be obstacles to overcome. I will highlight several barriers that students have to overcome and I will highlight two barriers that relate to me. The first area I am going to highlight is the thought that you only study alone. Occasionally it is good to sit down by yourself and study. But you should not dedicate all of your study time to being alone. Get together with a group of class mates and start a study group. It is better to work in a group where you can stay focused by working and studying together.... [tags: Study skills, Homework, 2005 singles, University]
706 words (2 pages)
- With this semester being my first at Pensacola State College, it has gave me the opportunity to compare it to other schools I have been enrolled in. Currently, I am over half way done the semester, but during the course of it, I have gained a great amount of knowledge that I do not believe that I would of got at another college. Pensacola State College has been great in every aspect, from the online schooling to registration, which made becoming a student here seamless. Registering for classes at Pensacola State College was as easy as could be.... [tags: Online, Courses]
556 words (1.6 pages)
- Everyone has their own experience as a student but mine was quite a different experience that was filled with achievements, unbelievable moments and great surprises throughout. My experience being as a student has taught me so many things that I don’t think I was capable enough of learning and ever imagined off. All of this experiences that I have been through being as a student has disclose and revealed my true colors, both which are good and bad and as a outcome it has established many aspects and personalities of my character.... [tags: High school, Writing, Writing process, Academia]
1262 words (3.6 pages)
- In my experienes in the classroom, as a student and my field experience, I have seen a lot of reward systems that do and don’t work. I have seen and heard encouragement that works and doesn’t work and I have seen students respond to both. As students get older, they move from an extrinsic to an intrinsic motivation, where they want to learn. In the classrooms, especially the younger ones, I see a lot of rewards and positive reinforcement. In the Kindergarten class, they have a rainbow chart they can move up.... [tags: Motivation, Reward system, Education, Need]
866 words (2.5 pages)
- During my student teaching experience, I had the opportunity to teach a 3 week long narrative writing unit. The students were to write about an important event or incident that happened in their life. Over the course of the 3 weeks, the students worked through the writing process as well as learned skills that would help them with their writing in the future. The purpose of this paper is to discuss and reflect on teaching the narrative unit, what went well about the unit, what did not go as well, and how the course has impacted by development and growth as a student and teacher of writing.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Narrative]
806 words (2.3 pages)
- My experience in the student leadership program was interesting and informative. These are two descriptive words that stand out in my mind about the whole program. There were times in the student leadership program when I questioned myself about being part of the class, but I overcame this once I reflected on the many things that we have learned. From the guest speakers to the projects, the class has always kept me thinking. First, the program was very informative. I took in so much information over the course of the semester that I sometimes feel overwhelmed, but in a good way.... [tags: student leadership essays]
943 words (2.7 pages)
- Philosophy, Interdisciplinary Teaching and Student Experience ABSTRACT: This paper focuses on novel approaches open to teachers of philosophy in particular, but more generally also to other university teachers, in the face of what Allan Bloom saw as the waning of a literary culture. It is argued that, although some of Bloom's suggestions regarding the successful engagement of students' interest-against overwhelming odds-are didactically valuable, he neglects precisely those avenues from which students could benefit most on the basis of their own experience in a world largely devoid of literary attachments but saturated with audiovisual ones.... [tags: Education Philosophical Papers]
3375 words (9.6 pages)
- How Can Organizations Build Employee Commitment And Loyalty?
- The Problem Of Health Care System
- Family And Family As A Family
- The Parenting Styles : Corporal Punishment Has Become A Common Parenting Approach
- Winter : My Secret By Christina Rossetti
- Swot Analysis : The Calgary International Airport Authority