To obtain a degree will better my chances for promotion in my current career. Did you know that if you were in a promotable career and you had a degree, your chances for advancement nearly double? I love competition; especially if I can earn more money while competing. If that involves having a degree to compete for that top spot, then that is what I am going to do. By obtaining a degree and advancing in my current career I am setting my family up for financial stability.
Do you ever ask yourself, when am I going to get a pay raise? I doubt any of us say no. Therefore,...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “An arts education helps build academic skills and increase academic performance, while also providing alternative opportunities to reward the skills of children who learn differently,” Gavin Newsom says. The arts have been a big part of our history; they help shape our society. Many students who love art, music, and theater are well aware that the art education in public schools might not be part of the school’s curriculum, due to the cutting of the budget. As a result, debates arise on what curriculum should disappear and what should stay.... [tags: Education, Student, Educational psychology]
1916 words (5.5 pages)
- Suzhi Jiaoyu, which has often been loosely translated as quality education, was initiated in China in 1993 when it was included in The Compendium of China’s Educational Reform and Development. Quality education advocates that the primary and secondary education in China shift their focus from exam-oriented curricula to whole-person cultivation, maintaining and inspiring students’ passion for learning, keeping students engaged in the leaning process, and fostering in them creative and independent thinking skills.... [tags: Education, High school, Curriculum]
1786 words (5.1 pages)
- eLearning software is a collection of web-based software that allows students to view information related to their coursework and submit assignments to their professors. Some of this online education software also allows for additional collaboration and learning tools. eLearning software is becoming increasingly important, and is nearly essential for modern education in the digital age. However, this technology is largely unrefined and as such, has problems; problems that can be overcome. Since the popularity and ubiquity of the internet, eLearning software has become relatively commonplace in the education world.... [tags: Education]
1490 words (4.3 pages)
- The arts has been a big part of our history; it help shape our society. Many students who loves art, music, and theater are well aware that the art education in public schools might not be part of the school’s curriculum, due to the cutting down of the budget. As a result, debates arise on what curriculum should disappear and stay. One of the choices is the art education because many believes that art education isn’t important, and the schools should focus more on classes that are important to students like mathematics, science, and reading, so that the United States could compete with the other nations when it comes to academics.... [tags: Education, Student, School, Educational psychology]
1713 words (4.9 pages)
- What do you want to be when you grow up. As growing up, many of us have all heard of this question many times in our elementary years. Many students don’t get asked this question once they were in their last year in high school. Why don’t high schoolers get ask “what do you want to be when you grow up” again. Is it because teachers are afraid that their haven’t done their part as teaching the students real life problem. Or maybe I should say that teachers are afraid to ask again because teachers are capable of knowing which students are struggling and knows which students are passing.... [tags: Education, High school, Teacher, School]
1148 words (3.3 pages)
- Innovation – A Step by Step Solution to Improve Education This week the media was full of stories about the outrage regarding the severe cuts California is undergoing in the area of public education funding. California currently ranks 49th out of the 50 states in public school performance K-12. Most people are understandably perplexed about how we will improve school performance and close the achievement gap if we keep cutting the funding. A bit of a chicken and egg dilemma. The failing of our public schools across the US and particularly in urban areas has been a rant of mine for a long time.... [tags: Educationi]
1038 words (3 pages)
- INTRODUCTION There has always been some confusion regarding where higher education starts from over the years. Surprisingly, the confusion still exists today, although not as common and widespread as before. In the Early days, when you could count the number of pupils that proceeded to continue education after the primary level, higher education has been often the word used to refer to secondary education . As more people began pursing education beyond the primary education, there arose a need to distinguish the higher education and secondary education.... [tags: Education, Higher education, Secondary education]
1770 words (5.1 pages)
- Education is a elemental human right and essential for all other human rights. It is a powerful tool by which socially and economically marginalized children and adults can lift themselves out of poverty. It also consists of the right to freedom of education. Freedom of education is the right given to human beings to have access to the education of their preference without any constrictions. Right to education is a human right recognized by the United Nations. It includes the entire compulsion to eliminate inequity at all levels of the educational system.... [tags: Education ]
576 words (1.6 pages)
- Deaf Education1 Coping with and Understanding the Deaf Student What is deafness. There are many definitions to the word "deaf." According to Stephen P. Quigley and Peter V. Paul in their book Language and Deafness (1984), "a child is considered deaf if hearing impairment is so great, even with good amplification, that vision becomes the child's main link to the world and main channel of communication." This is a general and relatively vague definition. Other definitions are based on the degree of hearing loss in terms of decibels (dB) ranging from mild to profound hearing loss.... [tags: Teaching Education]
2408 words (6.9 pages)
- Education Education has always been a major priority for me. I was brought up in a family that was centered on education. Both of my grandma’s were teachers. I have sixteen aunts and uncles and all but 3 of them have college degrees. Ten of those a master’s degree, and 4 of them went on to earn their PhD. My parents are both college graduates. Ever since I’ve been old enough to really understand things, they have stressed how important it is to be educated. So growing up I found education to be a vitally important part of my life.... [tags: Teaching Education]
517 words (1.5 pages)