Before the importance of my education on society’s future success may be understood, first the importance of it to my personal being must be determined. A graduating senior, future West Point cadet, and subsequent United States Army officer upon graduation, the realization of what an education will contribute to my future is not lost on me; every aspect of education is vital to one becoming a successful and productive member of society. History’s importance can simply be summed with the age-old adage, “those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.” Mathematics and science teach of the world around us and how life works on its most basic levels, helping everyone understand themselves. Language, literature, and the cultural arts all work to endow people with a greater...
... middle of paper ...
...o be the best leader and commander possible, as well as serving to ensure that others find their lives easy and free. Horace Mann, pioneer of American education simply commented, “a human being is not attaining his full heights until he is educated.” If humanity is to stand tall and successful, every member must first be educated.
1. "'High school dropout crisis' continues in U.S., study says." CNN U.S.. Cable News Network, 5 May 2009. Web. 13 Feb. 2011.
2. Bell, Sandra F., Gabrielle M. Anderson, Herbert I. Dunn, Brian G. Hackett, and Joseph W. Kirschbaum. "Military Education: DOD Needs To Enhance Performance Goals and Improve Oversight of Military Academies." . GAO, Sept. 2003. Web. 13 Feb. 2011.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Education is a way for an individual to grow within him or herself to become more educated, and to thrive in life. In order to grow as an individual, you must first enjoy the adventure of planning, the thrill of accomplishment and yet be able to cope with the labors needed to succeed. Education provides an individual their path to a successful future, but only through hard work, dedication and determination is this achievable. Education requires a parent to mold a child into an individual that is capable of contributing effectively to society.... [tags: Parents, Education, family, ]
1352 words (3.9 pages)
- 21st century, century of hopes, aspirations, breakthroughs or in short the dawn of the new era are the words that go through one’s mind when asked to describe it. One with right skills and education can have a bright and a successful future. This recipe seems very simple and no-brainer and almost everyone follows it to achieve success. The key ingredient of that recipe is education. One spends twelve years at school to procure that ingredient. But to stand against cut-throat competition and not just live from paycheck to paycheck one has to go further on this quest to make sure he has enough of that ingredient for his recipe.... [tags: Gatto, Zinsser, education system, school]
1219 words (3.5 pages)
- Executive Compensation Business Key To run a successful business there are some master minds and professionals required who are not suppose to run the business only but should also know that how to take the business in the correct way and get more profit from that. They are not only focusing the current business location but also preparing the schedule for the future planning. The business is depends on the management and the managements is depends upon the managers, who are running the business in the smooth way.... [tags: salaries, benefits, management]
1081 words (3.1 pages)
- In reality, people with an education tend to be very successful while the people without an education tend to be unsuccessful. Education is a key factor that defines the basis of human-beings and lays the foundation for human development. It also plays a major role in creating a huge gap in the division within the social classes. This huge gap is due to unsuccessful education that exists in society. There are many factors that contribute to unsuccessful education which include expensive education, the quality of education, and disadvantaged individuals.... [tags: College, Cost, University]
1047 words (3 pages)
- The world is run by those who are educated and successful. To be successful, one has to be educated. Yet, according to National Center for Education Statistics [NCES], as of 2009 the dropout rate of 16-24 year olds is 8.1%. Thus, the data proves the US does not have as many young people with even a high school diploma. Leading industries in today’s world such as Apple and Microsoft were created by people who did not graduate from college, but that doesn't mean everyone out of 8.1% will create a company that will determine tomorrows business.... [tags: Education]
996 words (2.8 pages)
- The lives of students today are changing. They are preparing for lives and jobs that have never before existed. If teachers hope to have a significant and worthwhile impact on these quickly changing lives, they must change the way they think, prepare, and instruct our future generations. Children cannot afford to have teachers who remain stagnant in their methods and ideals. Students crave instructors that are willing to allow them to tap into their potential in a manner that is interesting, fun, and important to them.... [tags: Education ]
2331 words (6.7 pages)
- America is often enamored of itself as the champion of equality in every aspect of its society; however, this is often not the case. This is true in every aspect of life, but is very evident specifically in the American education system. Although America claims to give an equal education to all, regardless of any external factors, economic class often plays a role in what type and how good of an education a student may receive. Since education is the basis for future success, this inequity resulting from socioeconomic status implies that this is where inequality in everyday life starts, and that the system generates this inequality.... [tags: Education ]
1725 words (4.9 pages)
- Many students around the world today focus mainly one thing while they are in school; Career and income, but how do you achieve that. How does one get the career they want and the income they yearn. The answer is education several countries are known for their exceptional performance in academics and the pressure related to their education. Among those countries are China, India and Japan. These three countries share a lot in common; exceptionally bright students and a very rigorous education system that showers students with pressure from parents to perform exceptional in school.... [tags: Education ]
2528 words (7.2 pages)
- Australia as a nation is underpinned by the belief of a democratic society that requires the acquisition of essential knowledge, skills and values in order to enable all citizens to proactively play a part in the shaping their preferred future of a more equitable and socially just world (Bliss, 2005). To that end, Values and Values-based Education are considered to be an integral aspect of the Educational landscape as there is a recognition that values are not only a crucial part of a critical understanding of society, but also the key to successful participation in our democracy (Allison & Von Wald, 2010).... [tags: Education]
1148 words (3.3 pages)
- Higher Education Education is one of the key ingredients to building a strong foundation for a successful future; there is not enough emphasis put on education at a young age. Another question arises though, how hard should we push our children. They are children after all. On the other hand an absence of interaction between student and teacher may cause our children to grow up to become mindless drones. There needs to be a student-teacher relationship, not a dictatorship. Students are not just vessels to be filled with knowledge; they are alive, and must be allowed to grow on their own.... [tags: School Education Philosophy]
1479 words (4.2 pages)