... middle of paper ...
...ect to contribute my undivided attention to my work, leadership skills as well as working in a group amongst my peers, being well prepared for every class, and showing the zeal I posses to become a medical doctor. In a few years professionally I envision myself, in a hospital setting dedicating my attention, and time to patients, I envision a future of lending a helpful hand in every area possible. Personally, Obstetrics and Gyneology is what I would like to specialize in, as I intern at various clinics within the buffalo community I am proud to say I love what I do, the relief in the parents’ faces and the realization that I had made them feel a little bit more comfortable is very fulfilling. Every day is a new and exciting adventure and I hope to continue on with my path to become a medical doctor, making a difference in my life, patients life and my community.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Registered Nursing The medical field is one of the most important fields in the world today. There are doctors, surgeons and nurses. A special type of nurse is a RN or Registered Nurse. Registered nurses provide patient care, educate patients and the public about an assortment of health conditions, and provide advice and emotional support to patients and their family members (“What Registered Nurses Do”). Although the road to becoming a registered nurse is a hard one, to become a registered nurse, one needs to attend a four year college, become aware of the job market, and reap the benefits of the outcome.... [tags: education, occupation, career]
1861 words (5.3 pages)
- Pharmacy Major A medical profession that releases drugs to patients as prescribed by a doctor, best describes a pharmacist (Kelly 7). The medical profession must have adequate knowledge on how drugs react with the bodies of human beings. In addition, a competent pharmacist knows the reaction of a mixture of various drugs. Notably, skills in measurement and packaging of drugs are essential in a pharmacy profession. This is because excess or insufficient amounts of drugs may lead to fatal incidences or drug resistance.... [tags: education, medical field, pharmacist]
557 words (1.6 pages)
- Becoming a physician can be only the first step in a gratifying medical career, but many choose to continue their education in a specialist area. Every physician participates in residency training in a particular medical specialty before going on to specialize in an area of medicine. In order to understand the importance each specialty plays in the successful treatment of a patient, the history of medicine must first be understood. 2000 B.C.—Here, eat this root. 1000 A.D.—That root is heathen. Here, say this prayer.... [tags: medical career, physician, medical schools]
966 words (2.8 pages)
- Even though there are numerous medical fields that comes into contact with bodily fluid, my future career does not. My career in medical field is Counseling Psychology, it deals with helping people on an emotional level that deals with everyday feelings and thoughts. I chose to pursue this career because I like helping people find solutions to their mental conflicts . See, there are many people to help others in a physical way such as: police officers, firefighters, and etc. I also want to see how the human mind reacts to different problems the world throws at it.... [tags: Psychology, Clinical psychology, Emotion]
1306 words (3.7 pages)
- Those in the medical field not only treat our physical illnesses, but go far beyond that by helping us to face the personal and emotional challenges that we may also face. This became apparent to me at a very young age as I struggled with Adrenal Fatigue.Though I had visited many qualified doctors, none could diagnose this until my teen years. This made a big impact on my childhood, causing me to lose consciousness due to small triggers. It was both frightening and incomprehensible for my parents watching me lose consciousness in seconds, yet to the health professionals that I had come in contact with, I was the picture of perfect health.... [tags: Medicine, Medical school, Physician]
1451 words (4.1 pages)
- Growing up the son of an optometrist, I saw my dad come home after long days at the clinic. He would be exhausted. I wondered what drove my dad to return to the clinic every day. I did not understand the long hours, the intense studying, and the commitment to his work. A successful career in the medical field takes appropriate motivation and planning. A career in the medical field requires perseverance. Countless hours will be spent studying for exams, shadowing other physicians, and researching.... [tags: Medicine, Physician, Pediatrics, Medical school]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- In science and anatomy class students find out how the human body works and moves, this is the class that spiked my passion for anatomy. Careers that would relate to the human would be is the medical field such as nurses, doctors, etc. Once knowledge of the differences in medical careers started growing, those involving treatment and surgical operations were of greatest interest. A surgery that is of interest is that of an orthopedic surgeon because these physicians operate on bones, ligaments, muscles, tendons, joints, and sometimes tumors.... [tags: Career Research ]
1855 words (5.3 pages)
- Even though nursing has been around for decades, it is still changing rapidly every year. From workplaces to job duties, nursing just isn’t the same. It’s better. These changes in Nursing have helped tremendously. You might not be able to see it, but I sure can. Nurses are one of America’s heroes because, they take care of the sickly, mentally ill, and the elderly. The purpose of nursing is to encourage health and growth, to prevent any illness, injury, and disability (“Nursing Is”). Nurses guide patients toward healthy doings and support them in their time of need.... [tags: Career, America's Heroes, Medical Field]
1015 words (2.9 pages)
- The purpose of this paper is to gather all the strategies needed to be the best I can be in the future, as a professional. I will express all of my personal goals that I will strive to achieve during college. This paper will serve as a road map to my career path, and will help me better understand the job market. Currently my major is in the college of Kinesiology. The reason I have chosen kinesiology is because I am fascinated with the human body, and learning how to take care of it while it is in motion.... [tags: Career Essays]
1554 words (4.4 pages)
- There are many different careers in the world. One of the largest career fields is in medicine. The medical field consists of many different jobs, some of which are physical therapists, surgeons, pediatricians, nurses, and anesthesiologists. All of these jobs help people when they are sick, injured, or recovering. Being a surgeon is one of the tougher jobs in medicine. Becoming a surgeon is a long journey filled with many hours of hard work, but if one finds saving people’s lives rewarding, then it is the perfect occupation.... [tags: neurosurgery, physical therapists, surgeons]
888 words (2.5 pages)