Can I meet the criteria of a software engineer? Everyday in school studying computers I start the doubt myself, but then I realize not everyone is perfect and I have a few years before I reach my goal. As I was looking up what it is to be a software engineer, I came across a test about how I would do if I were to go into this field. The results came after 10 questions and showed I would fair in this field (McKay, D.). After seeing these results, though my weaknesses were still nagging in the back of my mind. My first weakness is being a perfectionist simply because my mother has always been to me perfe...
... middle of paper ...
...e correct place might cause me to work on days I am off. Even though it may challenge me, my career life may be hard times and the opportunities I may have to compete against others, I believe I am sure this is the job I want do pursue during my college years. Software engineering is a complex field that can be confused at times with other computer jobs, but it is a job I feel will challenge my weaknesses and help me to become more acquainted with computers. This career may be difficult to obtain because of the other candidates I may face, but I know I can show I am passionate and willing to give an abundance of my time to anyone who is willing to hire me. My fear is I won 't be good enough for this job, but I feel that as I grow and start to learn more coding or other classes to broaden my skills in the software field I may start to feel more confident in myself.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- As a little kid, he has always wanted to be able to do the same job that his grandfather does because it is where he sees himself as a future construction engineer. He has been doing great in math and science. So he says why he cannot study something that includes mathematics, sciences and his dream as a little boy. Math has been easy to him since he was in middle school and he likes it so much. As it is now known construction engineer and project management are the ones of integral part of the contemporary management system due to its ability to make sure that the goal set in the beginning of a project correspond exactly to the goals that were achieved later on.... [tags: Construction, Project management, Management]
721 words (2.1 pages)
- “It’s the Possibility of dream come true that makes life interesting” - Paulo Coelho This perfectly holds true for me in the world of Computer Engineering where novel ideas are not a novelty. It is this novelty that entices me to this field and gives me a deep sense of professional pride. In this context, I would like to pursue my graduation in Computer Engineering, which not only supplements the knowledge that I possess but also provides a strong platform for my future career goals. After one year's work experience as a Network Engineer at Its Not Yellow, a US Based online news portal, I want to return to academic study and undertake post graduate studies in Computer Science and Informatio... [tags: teacher, network, science]
1055 words (3 pages)
- My chosen career is Software Engineer. Software Engineers create moderately complex software in C, C++, C#, Java, assembly language, or other selected languages for Garmin products and/or applications consistently following Garmin’s coding standards and in accordance with applicable software development methodology and release processes. These software execute design for small sets of new functionality for a project. A typical workday for a software engineer is usually improving on projects you’ve been working on and try to make them better and easier for people to us.... [tags: Software engineering, Computer, Software engineer]
1156 words (3.3 pages)
- Many people immigrate to America every year with new hopes and dreams to live the American dream. Some even come here illegally, trying to escape an underfunded and abusive government. Adjusting into a new life and new culture is immensely strenuous. The new world with beautiful streets, buildings, the city and the smooth roads is a great deal to take in. Immigrants are among the largest group that get bullied or discriminated against. After interviewing a few fellow immigrants about how they have been treated for being Asian American, many of them said that when if they were not bullied or discriminated against, their friends or family members were.... [tags: Immigration to the United States, United States]
1047 words (3 pages)
- When the computer started to be a part of the household product back in the year around 1998, I first saw it in a science fair. I knew right away that I have to learn what a computer is. We played Nintendo, Saga, Dandy and more other TV game consoles with 8 bit graphic and played for hours either in my house or at my friend’s house. There were arcades where people can go and play, we also went there to play, arcade video games, but a PC changed the way we use an electronic device. The same time it would do different jobs such as collect information in DB, substitute of a typewriter, run codes, playing midi files, browse pictures or by logging into IRC chats you could make friends worldwide a... [tags: Play, Learning, Skill, Intelligence]
952 words (2.7 pages)
- ... Thinking about how you want to live the rest of your life and how much money you want to make to sustain the lifestyle you want to live is also a big thing to consider. Sometimes people can enjoy their job and don’t care even if they didn’t get paid, but others have jobs that pay a lot so that they can live the lifestyle they want to live. Thinking about if you will do anything past that current status the person will have in the field is another thing to think about. If someone applies for a job that they like but feel like they will want more later on, they need to make sure that they have the qualifications to advance in that career or workplace.... [tags: software engineers, chips, design hardware]
937 words (2.7 pages)
- Being a Software Engineer is more than just programming. It’s a chance to help other people through the power of technology. Having this as a job gives engineers the power to influence other peoples life through programs that could help them with day to day tasks. Software Engineering is an expanding occupation, which means that more and more jobs are opening up for this position everyday. Also, one of the perks of this job is how much money you make. Software Engineering is a good job because, the market is expanding for it, it pays well, and this job can help other people.... [tags: Software Engineering]
1093 words (3.1 pages)
- Before the iPhone became popular, because of the powerful and user-friendly software that is on the iPhone, Steve Jobs declared that “[The] iPhone is a revolutionary and magical product that is literally five years ahead of any other mobile phone” (Steve Jobs). Part of the reason why the iPhone is so revolutionary is because of the software in it. The hardware on the iPhone was slightly more advanced compared to the hardware on other phones but the software on the iPhone was many generations ahead of other smartphones that existed at that time.... [tags: iPhone, User Friendly Software, Steve Jobs]
1863 words (5.3 pages)
- Statement of Purpose: Shweta Shenoy – Applicant for MS in Computer Science, Fall 2017 From writing my name on the door of my room when I was six, playing games on the computer and pretending to “be at work” to working as an Associate Software Developer in DevOps, Dell R & D, I believe I have come a long way. At every phase of my educational career, I made decisions that would take me closer to my dream of becoming an engineer. From choosing classes like Web Design, HTML/CSS as my electives in high-school, to getting in touch with an inspirational engineer like Vinod Dham, inventor of the Pentium Chip, and interviewing him to gain advice about the profession of Engineering.... [tags: Software engineering, Engineering]
737 words (2.1 pages)
- Computer Engineering - A Carrer as a Computer Software Engineer Introduction The explosive impact of computers and information technology on our everyday lives has generated a need to design and develop new computer software systems and to incorporate new technologies in a rapidly growing range of applications. The tasks performed by workers known as computer software engineers evolve quickly, reflecting new areas of specialization or changes in technology, as well as the preferences and practices of employers.... [tags: Computer Software Engineering]
2327 words (6.6 pages)