First, Mathew moved schools, he moved to my school and I had one class with him. He sat next to me in math class. He was so quite the first week, you wouldn’t probably hear or see him talk to anyone in that class. Second week of class I decided to talk to him, I helped him around in math and help him with some things he didn’t know. Middle of the year I got to know him better, we both opened up with each other. He told me about his life which was so scary, he told me about his family and friends. He told me why he moved school. The reason why he moved schools was because of his old friends, he also had problems with the teachers and he didn’t like his classes there. Mathew decided to move t...
... middle of paper ...
...pened to me because it made me grew and I learned from my own mistakes. I realized that I should not trust anyone right away and that I should be thankful for what I have.”
Lastly, Mathew is doing great, he still write about his life the only difference is that now he writes it in his journal not in just a piece of paper. He still loves to rap that he wrote. Mathew and his mom is now ok, they both trust each other now. His respecting his mom’s rules, now he opens up his problems with his mom. His doing great in school. He did graduate high school like he planned. Now he has a job and he goes to college. He had one advice to some teenager is that “you should do your best and not ruin your life and listen to your parents. Don’t do bad stuff, just stay focus in school. And try to achieve your goals and dreams.” I’m glad I met Mathew, I learned a lot of things from him.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Before and After Mar Dushmani “Friend by Day, Enemy by Night” shares an in depth look into the lives of the Kohistanis who live in Thull, Pakistan. The author of the text, Lincoln Keiser, goes into great depth in explaining the life of these people before and after mar dushmani. Mar dushmani can be directly translated as “death enmity.” This social relationship between the Kohistanis causes for many problems. As a general principle death enmity allows men to retaliate whenever another man wrongs them, though the act of revenge itself should not exceed the original wrong.... [tags: essays research papers]
960 words (2.7 pages)
- ... He had started to pull my bag; Sarah pounced on him giving him a strong slap on his left cheek. This did not solve the problem at hand, but made him more furious threatening to kill both of us. This was the defining moment that I realized friendship is more than just lending an ear; Sarah gave out her brand new Ipad in order to salvage the escalating situation. No matter the situation, it seemed that she had a predetermined solution to it. Once while confiding to her, she gave me the slogan that in life, you either give up or give in and no matter how hard it will be, try not to give in.... [tags: personal narrative]
1365 words (3.9 pages)
- Friendship is one of the most valuable relationships a person can have in their lives. Being willing to share intimate secrets with someone else is a beautiful thing. I have only had two best friends throughout my life. My first best friend was Janella who was my best friend from pre-school to 5th grade and my current best friend is Julie who has been my best friend since 7th grade. Julie and I did not like each other in 6th grade even though we didn’t know each other well. Our circle of friends were extremely different, I was friends with a quiet, small group of students while Julie was friends with the popular, loud group of students.... [tags: Interpersonal relationship, Friendship]
1343 words (3.8 pages)
- It was a day just like any other. School had ended and I was making my way home, No friends. I mean, who would want to walk home with the kid who has issues. I’m always alone in school, always the last one picked for a game of football. Why would that change now. I took the route I always took, through the park, down the hill and past the housing estate. You wouldn’t think the housing estate would be the worst part of the journey. Well, for me it was. In the park there was always a group teenagers with their hoods up.... [tags: school, day, jeolous, parents]
726 words (2.1 pages)
- Friendships are one of the most important things you can get out of life. It’s something that everyone has to have because without it we would all go insane. Just think if no one talked to each other and we never made friends, this world would be a ticking time bomb. Studies say human need friendships and love to survive. So friendship is a big part of your life. There is no real definition of friendship, because there’s no one way you can define it. Friendships can mean many different things, depending on the person.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
859 words (2.5 pages)
- Have you ever had that one special friend that you knew would be there for you through thick and thin. That special friend, who can read your thoughts, finish your sentences, and make you smile when you are feeling blue. A friend is someone who is honest and you can trust. A friend is someone who you hang out with, and someone you rely on. Friendship is being there for someone when they need you. That person for me is my best friend Katrina. She is the kindest, sweetest person I have ever known.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
600 words (1.7 pages)
- My whole life I have been what some people might call a loner. I’d gotten through elementary school with two best friends, both of whom had moved away by the time I was in sixth grade. When I got my class list that year, I wasn’t expecting much. I was in a class with a group of girls who had been best friends since kindergarten. I had tried being friends with them- but I never really fit in. Nobody was exactly begging to sit by me either. I was sad most days, and I didn’t even have anyone to talk to about it.... [tags: a thank you note to my friend]
805 words (2.3 pages)
- Nick was the kind of guy who always told you what you needed to hear even if it wasn’t always exactly what you wanted to hear. He was not only my youth pastor, but also one of my best friends. He was the guy that if he said something, you could always count on it to be true. If he said that he was going to do something, he would do it. When I was fourteen years old, I was always going around and doing a lot of things that I knew that I should not have been doing. One day, my friend Devon invited me to church and I didn’t want to come at first but then I decided that I would go anyways.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
577 words (1.6 pages)
- Darkness, Be My Friend Darkness, Be My Friend is the fourth book in John Marsden's series consisting of Tomorrow, When the War Began, In the Dead of the Night and The Third Day, The Frost, in which seven young people are thrown into the middle of a violent war zone. Ellie, Fi, Kevin, Lee, Homer, Robyn and Corrie set out on a camping trip to a remote part of their district. They find their way into a remote basin surrounded by dangerous cliffs and difficult terrain, where they are completely safe and cut off from the rest of the world.... [tags: Darkness, Be My Friend]
648 words (1.9 pages)
- Anna Letitia Barbauld's Washing Day In "Washing Day" Anna Letitia Barbauld has done what Romantic poets can do best. She writes of an event that occurs periodically in every-day life, but she elevates the washing day chore to a challenge of epic proportions. Barbauld views the experience of wash day from the perspective of the woman she is and the child she was. At all times she is the poet who relates the Muses' song as a medieval minstrel might. Her skillful use of irony and hyperbole allows this poem to convey to contemporary readers the same humor and insight that an eighteenth-century audience would have appreciated.... [tags: Washing Day Poem Analysis]
633 words (1.8 pages)