I ran to my car and drove as fast as I could to his house which is only a 2 minute drive, but it seemed like it took forever. I drove up to a yard full of police officers and a ambulance. I knew something bad had happened but at the time nobody knew any details. One by one my family members arrived at the house. Last but not least my grandmother which is his daughter arrived and they told us the horrible news that my great grandfather had committed suicide. I could not believe what I was hearing. I never would have imagined that he would do such a thing. My heart was ripped into a million pieces at that point.
My great grandfather and I had always been very close we ev...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- April 20, 2015 my life was completely turned upside down. It was just like any normal day at first. I woke up got dressed and headed to the gym then onto class. After I completed my morning routine I headed into work. Shortly after 2 p.m. the phone rang and my heart sank. My father was on the other ending telling me I needed to get to my great grandfather’s house right away. I immediately asked him “Is he okay. “ I ran to my car and drove as fast as I could to his house which is only a 2 minute drive, but it seemed like it took forever.... [tags: Family, Grandparent, Prince, Question]
819 words (2.3 pages)
- It was early afternoon, and school had just ended. I was getting ready to have the time of my life. Although stressful thoughts were running through my mind, I had been dreaming about this night for years, and it was finally here. While prom night had some anxious moments, overall I had a blast. It was finally that time. When I arrived at Taylor’s house, I realized that I had left the corsage at my house. I had to scurry back home and grab it for the pictures. The night definitely didn’t start out the way I imagined it.... [tags: Debut albums, 2006 albums, The Tip, Feeling]
843 words (2.4 pages)
- It was just a beautiful spring day at this little girl’s house. The flowers her mother planted all along the driveway were in bloom, and the warm crisp air was feeling her lungs. School was out so she had more time to focus on her horse riding skills; after all she was a barrel racing JR. Champion. "Rachael," Her mom called from the house, "dinner is ready!" Rachael ran inside to find her father was sitting at the kitchen table. Although to most people this wouldn’t have been unusual, but Rachael’s family isn’t like others.... [tags: Family, Mother, Father, Parent]
1054 words (3 pages)
- As adults, we often use the scientific method, or process of elimination to help explain things that we cannot. Although, as children, we immediately jumped to conclusions no matter how otherworldly or outrageous our explanation. Whether we believed the sound coming from your closet was some type of terrifying monster, or the old woman that paced the side-walk kidnapped children and turned them into soap, explanation was left to our imagination. I can remember quiet a few thoughts like this, but one in particular has always stood out.... [tags: Mind, Thought]
801 words (2.3 pages)
- Through comparing and contrasting the novels As For Me and My House, and Three Day Road by Sinclair Ross and Joseph Boyden the habitual theme of obsession is present. According to the oxford English dictionary it defines obsession as, “an idea, image, or influence which continually fills or troubles the mind; a compulsive interest or preoccupation; the fact or state of being troubled or preoccupied in this way.” (OED) This is significantly present in both works, since it is exemplified through the characters of Philip, Elijah, and Xavier.... [tags: obsession, Philip, Elijah, and Xavier]
1075 words (3.1 pages)
- A Day in the Shoes of a Teenager Who Lives in a House of Seven People Growing up in a relatively larger-than-average household with seven people who are somehow related to you in one way or another, life is pretty hectic; especially when you're a 15 year-old teenager with hormones raging inside of you. It is known that young people at this stage of their lives feel that the whole world is against them.... [tags: Papers]
780 words (2.2 pages)
- Why The Fortunes Of Kings Weston House Changed Between 1700 And The Present Day Kings Weston House was built on the side of a ridge probably with idyllic pastoral views (as was the fashion in the 1700's). Kings Weston House was probably built on this site because of those views, it was surrounded by countryside with a few grazing cattle's of sheep and most likely farmland visible, but the main view from the house was the River Severn and the rolling green hills of Wales visible on the other side.... [tags: Papers]
1254 words (3.6 pages)
- In The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros, there is an emphasizes on how rough it is to be part of the low economic class . Through her words you can create an image about the way poverty affects children. She goes through the book making great remarks on the topic. The different experiences that Esperanza goes through have a lot to connect with her family's financial status. She specifically describes her feelings about the poverty they live in through three of her short stories. The three short stories in which poverty seems to be an obstacle are The House on Mango Street, Our Good Day, and Chanclas.... [tags: Sandra Cisneros, poverty, Chanclas, Our Good Day]
945 words (2.7 pages)
- Memories are an important part of anyone 's lives. To remember is to reflect and to impose meaning onto past events. In the texts, “A Bird in the House”, written by Margaret Laurence, and “Simple Recipes” written by Madeleine Thien, the authors bring across the idea of memories in the main character’s retelling of their lives to show us the relationship between the characters and their fathers respectively. Through the use of visual imagery and the main character 's choice of speech, the idea of memory is emphasized and shown in both stories.... [tags: Short story, Fiction, Remembrance Day]
1891 words (5.4 pages)
- The vibrant mosaic tiles of the bath house became monochrome as thick grayness shrouded it, hiding the sun behind a wall of dust and ash. The bathwater, previously still and clear, rippled and reflected the dark sky. A glaring spew of fire lit the darkness, taking over the top of Mount Vesuvius. Nothing cascaded from the volcano except for rocks and ash. People stood up, confused as to where the day went. But soon, debris dropped from the sky like pebbles thrown from the heavens, covering the town and causing destruction in its path.... [tags: Vibrant Mosaic Tiles, Bath House, Mount Vesuvius]
3522 words (10.1 pages)