Research & Composition
Chloe Leif- Who I am..
Chloe Leif- Who I am..
My mom’s maiden last name is Vogel. Vogel originates from Germany and Scandinavia. My dad’s last name is Leif. Leif has English and Dutch origins.
Because I know more about my step dad’s family’s origins, I will mention them as well. The last name Fleischmann originates from Germany. But my step grandma lived in Holland for most of her life. She grew up there during World War II and when the Nazi’s invaded the Netherlands. She eventually came over to the states, got married and had four children. My step grandparents currently live in Wisconsin.
When I took the Meyer Briggs personality test online, the results I received did not surprise me. I have the rarest personality type of personality. Only 1.5% of people in the world have this type. My personality is INFJ. (Introvert-44, Intuitive-3, Feeling-31 and Judging-25)
In other words, People with this type of personality feel as though things need to be organized, orderly and systematic. Another characteristic of someone with an INFJ personality type is that they have very strong and intense feelings. Because of these high intense feelings it can sometimes make dealing with conflict and high stress situations extremely difficult, and can cause a high amount of agitation and raging anger.
INFJ’s also put a huge amount of faith into their instincts, with this personality the individual will often times think they are right and ignore someone else’s opinion if it is different than their own.
The last trait of an INFJ personality is the need for perfection. In most INFJ’s th...
... middle of paper ...
... be successful in whatever career I decide to pursue someday.
School, sports and family have been a large impact on who I am today. I’ve had to work on myself. It’s been a long journey and without the people who support me, I wouldn’t have been able to come so far. I have made a lot of positive changes in my life so far. I am happy with where my life has ended up so far. But I know I need to keep working on myself and make the right choices.
I am a lot of things. I am a daughter and granddaughter. I am an auntie and addict. I’m a sister and student. I am smart. I am strong, mentally and physically. I am a at times. I do make mistakes, but I chose to learn from them. I am so much more than the bad choices I made in my past. All of these things make up “Who I am”.
Pictures from Anna Fleischmann and Dave Vogel
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- DAD I chose to watch the movie “DAD” with Jack Lemmon, Ted Danson, and Olympia Dukakis, just to name a few of the actors. In the past, I’ve seen “ The Notebook” and absolutely loved it but I wanted to give myself a new opportunity with a fresh perspective. DAD is a story about a family, aging parents, controlling personalities, estranged son’s, and the power of love, as well as the dynamics of relationships. I found the movie to be a very accurate portrayal of not only getting old, but more importantly, about missed opportunities, taking people for granted, and the power of love along with dedication and loyalty.... [tags: Family, Marriage, Dad, Olympia Dukakis]
1340 words (3.8 pages)
- First off I want to say that I could not interview anyone in my family. My grandparents are deceased on both sides. So what I will be talking about will be from what I remember as a child. My grandmother on my dad’s side passed away in 1981 and my grandfather on my mother’s side passed away in 1980. I was born in 1976, so I would have only been 4 and 5 years old. My grandmother on my mom’s side passed away in 1995 and grandfather on my dad’s side passed away in 1993. I was not that close to my grandfather on my dad’s side, so I only have a little bit information about him.... [tags: Family, Grandparent, Mother, Father]
1403 words (4 pages)
- You wake up one morning, stretch, and then inch your way over to your living room. Screaming was just about the last thing you heard before your sight became dim and you punched your ticket to Sleepy Town. Eyes still fogged, you wipe your eyes only to realize there is nobody home. Where did they go. Did they forget about you. Do they still love you. These were questions I would ask myself every day when my parents would separate from each other and leave us with my grandmother. Scared, that emotion filled my soul and sabotaged my thoughts.... [tags: Mother, Family, Father, Parent]
809 words (2.3 pages)
- Alex It’s like my mom tries to piss me off on purpose whenever she introduces me to someone as Alex. Although it is my given name I have gone by Allie my whole life. In home videos I could hear my dad saying “Allie” not “Alex”. People automatically assume I’m a boy just because of my name, when in reality it is a unisex name and those people shouldn’t assume something about someone. Bunny… The Dog We didn’t name her. My mom and I adopted her when she was two years old and she has been a huge part of our lives ever since.... [tags: Family, Mother, 2006 singles, Father]
1354 words (3.9 pages)
- Well this is awkward. I sit down at the table across from my grandparents. The last time I saw them was years ago. Sure, they send birthday and Christmas cards every year, but it’s not the same. I remember when we used to be so close, but over the years we had grown apart. I sit quietly in my chair, not knowing what to do. “So…” My grandma starts, “How old are you now?” “I’m sixteen.” I reply quietly. “We hope this isn’t awkward for you.” My grandpa says. “Oh not at all.” I smile. Lie. Of course this is awkward.... [tags: Family, Grandparent, 2007 singles]
1301 words (3.7 pages)
- I am becoming the person that I want to become. Growing up as a kid, I didn’t really have a lot. My parents grew up in the country of Ghana, which is located in Africa. The life that they had there was not the best, especially for my mom. My mom was treated like a slave basically. Whatever the people in the household said, was to be done without questioning them. Life for her wasn’t rainbow and unicorns as to say. I don’t know too much about my dad’s life in Ghana, but I’m pretty sure that it was a lot better compared to my mother.... [tags: High school, Middle school, College]
1983 words (5.7 pages)
- Cold winters, hot summers, pokey gravel, darkness, inconvenient tools and deterioration of the old hotrods. All of this came to an abrupt hault when a father and son's dream became a reality. A place of our own to operate without distractions. A place to bring our thoughts together and mechanically reconstruct cars and repair them within our own limits. This place that my dad and I started building would be known as "The Shop" or a.k.a. "Hopshop." This shop is the last project that my dad started and I was going to finish it.... [tags: Descriptive Writing Examples]
895 words (2.6 pages)
- Dad - Original Writing "Hurry up Mark," called Jan, "Paul will be here in a minute." The usual Friday-night scrimmage to get Mark ready for his weekend visit with his Dad was nearly over. "Did you pack my England shirt Mum?" he shouted from the bedroom. "Yes, and I have packed the England flag too." Jan answered. "What are you doing now?" she enquired. "I'm just doing my hair." he yelled back. "Ah, that reminds me, I've also packed a can of red hair spray. Will Jo have time to do it for you tomorrow?" Jan checked.... [tags: Papers]
1414 words (4 pages)
- The dad in a family is someone who is the male figure in a family. He is there to help the mother raise a child or children. A child will spend their whole life looking up to the big man in the house because he is the one who fixes everything, interrogates the first boyfriend and the one who will be there to walk their daughter down the aisle. A father is an important person in a child life, but when a father ends up not being their for the child there is so much missed out on. Not having a dad for seven-teen years is a difficult thing and that is what I had to deal with.... [tags: Autobiography Essay, Personal Narrative]
1285 words (3.7 pages)
- - I own you, remember. - I 'm not going back to Jo 'burg. You have no choice. I 'll sort you out. I 'm going to teach you a lesson. Talk to those people to keep us here in KwaMashu. After the sentencing, they can send us to Westville Prison. I never wanted you anywhere near my daughter. Because I know that you can 't keep it in your pants. Out. Get out. - We must break out. - And leave your family. Mastermind has hit the nail on the head. Mabuza, what do you want. Justice. You boys didn 't kill that woman.... [tags: 2005 singles, 2007 singles]
2459 words (7 pages)