Now my two oldest brothers actually had the opportunity to go to school in Ghana, where they actually started to speak and understand the language. They told me that they also learned the language because they had friends who spoke the language around them. I wish I was born in Ghana because that would mean that I could have gone to school down there and learn the language, and also I really want to be able to co...
... middle of paper ...
... it was before Hurricane Katrina hit in 2005. My group that I was with went into a little art store and pictures were quite good. The owner, who was a female had a little dog. When we went into the store the dog started to bark.I was the only black person in the group. We just thought it was barking because we were strangers walking into the store. As we started walking around the store the dog kept barking for some odd reason. It took me a while to figure out the dog was barking at me. The people in my group were in the way, so they moved out the way to see if it was actually barking at me and it was. That’s when I realized this dog was racist and the store owner felt ashamed that it was that. So after looking at the art for a little bit more, we left the store. I want to become a pharmacist one day and I know that I will be able to achieve that goal in the future.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- While I was growing up in South Oak Cliff there are a lot of things that can happen. To me it’s just another day, but for other’s people their just living in a fantasy. The only thing is, not everyone sees a person getting shot in front of them, and especially if that person is your best friend’s dad. Now that is something you won’t see every day, but I’m positive that they’re people who have seen family or close friends taken from them in a blink of an eye. The worst part of seeing family and friends crying is the guilt they have .The terrible thought of my best friend passing dad are is leaving them behind, because they weren’t able to do, or say something before that person was gone, not... [tags: Family, Mother, English-language films]
746 words (2.1 pages)
- It Happened To Me: Every Best Friend 's Dream When I left college for the summer last semester, I did not expect or plan for life to turn out the way it did. It was as if I had no control over my own destiny, which if you knew me, you would know that didn’t go over so well. As May turned into June and June turned into July, first semester billing had arrived. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw the statement. I owed six thousand dollars. This was after my scholarships and taking out maximum loans.... [tags: Mother, Father, Best Friends, A Flock of Seagulls]
1294 words (3.7 pages)
- You never really know when your life is going to do a three sixty. When it happens some of us are lucky and it changes our lives in a positive way, but for me that was not the case. When I came to college I wanted to break away from the life I once had. Like most people I wanted to find myself and finally be who I was never able to be in high school and living at home. The night of October thirty first of my freshmen year I met a person who would change my life and the lives of those around me. My best friend Josh always wanted to be the one to take my drunken virginity.... [tags: Family, Mother, Multiracial, Load Me Up]
908 words (2.6 pages)
- A best friend is a special person. Someone you can always talk to and count on. When growing up you never truly know what a best friend is until you find one. I found mine when I was in third grade. In the summer when school was out my older brother, younger sister and I would stay at home. We lived on Sheridan so we would always go sit on the porch and watch the cars go by. One day the house next door to us was bought, my brother and I watched as the new neighbors moved all of their belongings into the house.... [tags: High school, College, Middle school, Friendship]
1097 words (3.1 pages)
- Brownie is a stuffed dog that own and he has been my best friend since I was a little kid. Through Brownie I have learned what it means to be a best friend. Brownie has always been there for me to vent my thoughts and feelings to. He has seen how much I 've changed since I was a little kid, and he knows what I have done in my life. Brownie knows how I think when I am happy, or sad. Brownie is also there for me through hard times and he give me courage to get through those hard times. When I was about six, I was spending the night at my grandma 's house.... [tags: High school, Family, Middle school, Stepfamily]
1153 words (3.3 pages)
- Man’s Best friend When I was ten years old, I was curious about all categories of animals. Although a majority of children own pets as companions, I could not convince my parents into permitting me to have one. Until one day, my mother arrived home from an exhaustingly long day at work, with an immense smile on her face acting very suspicious. Before I could ask, “Mom what are you up to?” I focused my vision down into her arms. I was in comprehensive wide-ranging astonishment. I felt so extremely blissful, tears started to dominate my expression.... [tags: Mother, Father, Storm, Black-and-white films]
715 words (2 pages)
- I tensed. My friends had been blowing me off and this homeschool nonsense ruined my social life. Isolation had become my new best friend given that my actual friends had misguided priorities or never wanted to hang out. “We always do something. I don’t want to keep bothering you.” I said and Ves frowned. He was about to speak, but couldn’t get a word out before his attention turned elsewhere. A knock sounded on the door and it was Ava, Vesper’s mom, entering alongside my dad and his girlfriend. “Hello.” She said curtly.... [tags: Family, Mother, Father]
1464 words (4.2 pages)
- My Best Friend is Dead My best friend and I were together all the time, doing nothing without the other. But one day I realized that somewhere along the road somebody failed her, and every day I cannot help but wonder if it might have been me. Everything she went through, I was there for her, but I guess some things are too hard for even friendship. Not a day goes by that I don't remember. How could I ever forget. I'm sharing this story for the first time since it happened. The last time we had no worries, well, that were apparent, was on August 20 of '97.... [tags: Friendship Essay]
592 words (1.7 pages)
- My Best Friend is Dead I first met Chipper Gleason when I was 5 or 6, when my mother was working with Chipper's mother Sue teaching music lessons in town. The He- Man connection must have been what initially tipped our parents off that we would be good friends. I remember my mom asking me if I wanted to play with this kid who had Castle Greyskull, a large green molded castle that He- Man lived inside of with the other Masters of the Universe. The answer was, of course, "Yes!" and we met one afternoon while both my mom and Sue taught lessons at the Church.... [tags: Friendship Essay Personal Narrative]
5324 words (15.2 pages)
- Let me start by saying straightforwardly that the meaning of God is God himself. We must look at the meaning of God in God himself, not "outside" him. God is the fundamental meaning for the existence of the Universe, the creator, the supreme One: that is why everything exists. Why is something there. How did this universe come to exist, or others that might be. Why do we exist. For most people in the world —scientists, philosophers, ordinary people, — the answer is because God-Existence is.... [tags: essays research papers]
630 words (1.8 pages)