Transformational leadership is the most active type of leadership. Transformational leaders inspire change in their subordinates. The four I’s, individualized consideration, intellectual stimulation, inspirational motivation, and idealized influence, are the tools transformational leaders use to develop their airmen. I plan to use the concepts from the five learning modules to develop the four I’s in myself. The module 6 Deliberate development plan will help me improve my individualized consideration. Adaption-Innovation theory from module 3 will prove critical to intellectual stimulation. I will use module 5’s elements of an adaptable leader to develop myself in inspirational motivation. Lastly I will use module 7’s discipline model specifically prevention and module 8’s the who, the stakes, and the situation, as a way to strengthen my idealized influence.
Individualized consideration is treating each subordinate as an individual with unique needs and abilities. I plan to create a deliberate development plan for each of my Airmen when I return to my unit. By assessing each Airmen individually, I will better understand each member’s needs and what potential strengths that I may have previously missed. I will crea...
... middle of paper ...
...nterests for the good of the mission. Over the next five years I plan to better uphold standards and work on my effective negotiating skills. This will showcase my strong work ethic and instill it into my subordinates. Improving my idealized influence will lead my supervisors, subordinates, and peers to see me as charismatic and selfless.
By developing my skills as a transformational leadership I will foster development in my Airmen. Development is key to the future of the Air Force and the United states. Over the next year I will implement these changes and continue to develop them over the next 5 years. I will seek feedback throughout the process to ensure I am continuing on target. By becoming a more transformational leader I want my peers, subordinates and supervisors to see me as an inclusive mentor who is optimistic, passionate, charismatic, and selfless.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The traffic accident problem facing my new team and I is both unique and challenging. Having received information from my predecessor, Capt Matthews, and the safety team, it is clear to me that we have a strong talent base and wing leadership that will support us; in short, we have all the resources to stop the trend in a timely manner. This paper will detail my planned interactions with the team members and wing commander within the context of the full-range leadership model (FRLM). Almost every facet of this model applies; therefore my analysis will begin by applying transactional FRLM principles to the whole team, followed by tailored approaches based on the individual personalities.... [tags: Full Range Of Leadership Model]
1219 words (3.5 pages)
- Current Issues in Management There are many of problems that has been going on in management, for decades people have struggled with many different things. From my research I have discovered 5 top trends that management are struggling with today. Those trends are Globalization, Workforce Diversity, Technology and The Study of Psychology. In this paper I will identify what these issues are and how companies might be able to fix it. First off I’m going to talk about Globalization and how it affects us today in management.... [tags: Management, Business, Psychology, Culture]
828 words (2.4 pages)
- Executive Summary The Purpose of this report is to analyze the current situation of Purchasing & Inventory Management, and identify the operational problems within the organization and to develop the set of recommendations that would help organization to have effective and efficient process for the purchasing of material and inventory management by applying the relevant principles of Operational management theories and models. The company Brisbane Outdoor was established by Mr. Donald Saxon and expanded the business with the help of acquisition of other outlets, he has developed the independent structure of management within all three outlets, that has been run by the experienced staff, his... [tags: Management, Inventory, Laissez-faire]
1103 words (3.2 pages)
- Q.1 Current Human Resource Management (HRM) issues that need to be addressed at James Hotel are policy structure, employee policy, employee issues and staffing plan for the hotel. Strategic HRM planning needs to link to the organisation of the James hotel to remain a sustained competitive advantage and that is linked to the wider picture of the organisation itself (Macky, 2008,p. 14, para. 26). HRM at the hotel goes both ways for Cindy, its personnel management to strategic HRM, where she manages all the employees and supporting all the line managers to insure that plans and goals are being reached (Righeimer, 2016).... [tags: Human resource management, Management]
2278 words (6.5 pages)
- Management has progressed far since the days of traditional bookkeeping attributed by the Ancient Sumerians. However, there were two great comings that would change the scope of management forever. The first was contributed by one of the most prominent minds in history, Adam Smith, known as the father of economics and capitalism. The second would come from a great wave that would sweep over the shores of Europe and the rest of the western world, The Industrial Revolution. With the introduction of The Wealth of Nations, the Industrial Revolution and countless other contributions, our ideas of management were reformed and still improving.... [tags: Current Management Trends]
914 words (2.6 pages)
- Imran Hussain S1309862 Ihussa201@caledonian.ac.uk IT Project Management 2 Individual Report Report No 3 Contents Introduction 2 Management stages 2 Initation stage management products 2 Report stage end 3 Stage plan 3 Product delivery stage 4 Technical stages 4 Highlight report 5 Write a report for the project board explaining technical stages and management stages and recommending suitable management stage ends for your project. Your report should include your recommended frequency and content of highlight reports to be sent to project board members.... [tags: Project management, Management, Risk management]
1358 words (3.9 pages)
- ... This can be an extremely difficult process for both the company and the employee (McKee, 2014, p.501). While every company wants to see their business succeed, they can be extremely threatened with the current economy, and one of the most difficult tasks a member of management must face is terminating employees that are regarded with appreciation and dedication. Downsizing affects any employee’s livelihood and confidence and there are several types of termination circumstances – even if it benefits the company.... [tags: human resources department]
1758 words (5 pages)
- An Investigation into the Best Current Practice of Supply Chain Management This report documents an investigation into best current practice of Supply Chain Management. Various methods of materials procurement are outlined in addition to their relevance to examples in modern industry. The report discusses the ideal characteristics of a successful supply chain. From a traditional perspective, this has proven to be based around the development of strong inter-firm relationships among the participating organisations that make up the supply chain.... [tags: Business Management Economics Essays]
3519 words (10.1 pages)
- Factors Affecting the Four Functions of Management. Numerous factors impact the four functions of management. The functions of management include: planning, organizing, leading, and controlling. Key components include: external, internal, globalization, technology, innovation, diversity, and ethics. A prime external factor would include the current state of the of the United States economy. Consumers may not be purchasing as many Hershey products this year as they did last year, due to staple items such as milk, bread, and eggs being more expensive.... [tags: Business Management Employee]
1801 words (5.1 pages)
- Current Event Article Analysis Article # 1 Titled: Yes: There are Limits to the right to bear arms Source: Union Tribune or Signonsandiego Date: Dec. 21 2007 By: Kristen Rand Summary/Analysis : This article discusses the amendment about gun control specifically the right to bear arms. But it isn’t discussing it on the U.S. mainland but instead on the District of Columbia. The Controversy is whether or not the District is bound to the same laws and amendments that the rest of the United States is.... [tags: Current Events]
1475 words (4.2 pages)
- Implementation Of Transition Into The Nursing Practice
- The Explanation Of Human Variation Based On The Ideology Of Separate Human Origins
- Correlation Between Real And Fake Emotional Expressions Of The Face
- A Comparison Of Birthing Traditions And My Own
- Case Study : Developing The House Of Cards Project
- Air Conditioning Design For Save Energy