My interest for Computer Science stems from a deep flair in the subject of Mathematics. Problem Solving has always been my forte –the fact that I secured 100% in Mathematics at my grade 10 examinations and have regularly performed well in Mathematics Olympiads stands a testimony to this. This explains my interests in mathematics, programming and computing in general. The decision to read computer science was therefore a simple one.
During my undergraduate level, I had started to have a penchant for the courses related to Mathematics. I relished studying subjects like Theoretical Computer Science, Software Testing, Cryptography and Data Mining. During the course of my Bachelor’s degree, I worked on several projects. I developed an online payroll system using Java Servlets and Oracle Database. In another project, I designed a system on Building Construction which was subsequently tested using Rational Rose software. Each of the projects was team oriented; with tasks split down so that one or more team members can contribute. Overall, these projects have provided useful experiences allowing me to understand undergraduate level implementation.
The attraction for Data Mining for me lies in its pervasiveness into many areas ranging from health...
... middle of paper ...
...f Hasan Davulcu in the areas of Data Mining, Text Mining and Information Retrieval. It directly correlates with my intended research areas and I desire to contribute to their research by working with them.
At present I am at a position in my career where I intend to utilise my academic knowledge coupled with my hard work and commitment to move on to the next phase of my life. My goal is to produce meaningful work in the area of Data Mining, building on the solid foundation I have created in my undergraduate pursuits .I take this opportunity to request for suitable financial assistance and assistantship from the department and the university. Arizona University offers me a great opportunity to prove my potential and studying at such an institution will help me achieve my career plans. If given a chance, I shall strive to justify such confidence a selection warrants.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Right from the school days, reading and collecting international computer magazines to participating in technical seminars and workshops, I have constantly strived to be in tune with times. One of my undergraduate subjects of Information System and Security, which has made me to get a head start and I was very much interested in learning and grasping new technologies in this field of Information Systems. As a student, I not only intend to learning the fundamentals and vital aspects in Computer Science, but my interest also lies in the field of IT Auditing for solving real world problems that presently plague database systems and network capabilities.... [tags: information technology, computer security]
597 words (1.7 pages)
- Statement of Purpose In the pristine place of Goa where parties and fun is at its peak, I was present there for the coding competition of Google. Though standing runner-up I learnt the vital phase of fun with work, in this Endeavour. This competition paved the way for me to pursue Master in Computer Science, which would help me to be a Google employee. Being in the kernel of technological and computing revolution, the field of Artificial Intelligence tends to change the human-computer interaction.... [tags: Computer science, Computer]
1015 words (2.9 pages)
- Computer Science is a popular major with one of the brightest spots in the employments of current society as the world is becoming more and more advanced. People who graduate with a computer science degree are considered computer scientist; Computer scientists use technologies like computers, smart phones, and basic knowledge and reasoning to solve whatever problems they encounter. Computer Science Engineers write software programs that allow machines to do new things or improve tasks more efficiently; programs like Facebook, Twitter, and mobile messaging software have improved many people’s lives with easier and simpler ways of communication.... [tags: Computer science, Electrical engineering]
1220 words (3.5 pages)
- Computer The technology in these days is considered help hand for everything to do our work with fewer errors and faster time. As we know many people in these days using the computer each day for doing their work and assignments or just for spending fun time. Computer word does not just mean hardware and software but means more than that. It means everything related to technology such as infrastructure, networks, and programming languages. Computer facilities have three primary computer specialists that are computer science, computer information system, and computer information technology.... [tags: Software engineering, Computer science, Computer]
830 words (2.4 pages)
- Computer Science was a logical culmination of my fascination for computers. Having done four year course in computer science and engineering, I would like to fortify my skills with the help of a master’s degree, which will equip me with the up-to-date tools and knowledge that are the need of the hour. My long term aim of securing a challenging position where I can effectively contribute my skills as software professionals, possessing competent technical skills can be achieved with the help of a master’s degree, that has hands on experience in real time applications accompanied by in-depth knowledge of the subject.... [tags: computer science, education]
584 words (1.7 pages)
- The Profile: Computer Science Computer scientists are stereotypically mistaken for nerds. Society sees them as geeks who spend almost their entire life staring at a monitor. "Another historic issue has been the nerd stereotype, or the related perception that computer science is only for boys, both of which reduce “coolness” among teenagers and thus student turnout," said Hadi Partovi, the founder/investor of Quora. In a Forbes article Partovi mentioned the problem with how society views computer enthusiasts as a group of people.... [tags: Computer science, Computer, Computer programming]
1210 words (3.5 pages)
- Concepts of Feature Computer Science In the 21s century, the field of computer science is experiencing fundamental transformations. In this article “Three New Concepts of Future Computer Science” was written as an observation result of a new computer science resulted from the six-year Sino-USA computer science leadership exchanges. The authors of this article , Zhi-Wei and Dan-Dan Tun, list three new concepts of the future computer science: computational lens, computational thinking, and ternary computing.... [tags: Computer science, Computer, Fields of science]
1035 words (3 pages)
- An important field in computer science today is artificial intelligence. The novel approaches that computer scientists use in this field are looked to for answers to many of the problems that have not been solved through traditional approaches to software engineering thus far. One of the concepts studied and implemented for a variety of tasks in artificial intelligence today is neural networks; they have proven successful in offering an approach to some problems in the field, but they also have some failings.... [tags: Computer Science]
1080 words (3.1 pages)
- Computer Science is an extensive field with plenty of options to choose from, whether you want to create a new software that will make the development of a certain task easier to perform, to monitor and modify existing programs to make them work faster and more efficiently, to understand the structure of new technology and having the ability to fix it if something goes wrong, or simply keeping up with the new machines that as years go by, are becoming more necessary for our daily lives, this is the field you will definitely pursue.... [tags: Software engineering, Computer, Computer science]
1195 words (3.4 pages)
- Introduction Hardware can be daunting. The following is a brief look at why every computer science major should be knowledgeable in the acronyms that abound within the computer industry. Overwhelming Factors Budding computer science majors can be thankful to Ken Thompson’s desire to travel space. It was this desire that maintained a failed attempt of an operating system by a joint venture of General Electric, Bell Labs, and Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The operating system was named Multics and was abandoned in the late sixties, yet Ken Thompson had programmed a game he named Space Travel for Multics and it still needed an operating system on which to run.... [tags: Computer Science]
950 words (2.7 pages)
- How My Culture Changes the Way I View the Different Aspects of Life
- A Cerebral Vascular Accident: Another Name for a Stroke
- Hamlet and Oedipus Rex
- Adoption Process Interview Report
- The Investment for a College Education: Is It Worth It?
- How the Portrayal of Zombies in Literature Reflect the Beliefs of a Given Era