I chose to apply to the University of Nevada, Las Vegas in the middle of my senior year because it was the only university in Las Vegas so it made it easier to pick where to go. I couldn't afford to pay for it, but I got enough grants and scholarships to cover my tuition.
My first day at UNLV wasn’t as bad as going from middle school to high school for me. As my dad’s driving me to college, he asks me a few times if I’m nervous and telling me I’ll get used to it quickly once I get a few days in, strategize how I will manage being in a university, and entering a whole new world. My dad’s always been the parent that cares, does anything for me, gives me support through school, and told me to not stress about school because I try hard enough already. He then made sure that I was meeting up with my boyfriend later on in the day so I wouldn’t be too lost or confused. Having my boyfriend going to the same school helped me a lot with finding where my classes were and where the main buildings are. Even today I’m still trying to familiarize myself with the campus, its student life and organizations, and I still need assistance...
... middle of paper ...
... notes on the side, take well explained notes in class, and ask questions when I need to then I would do better. Eating is also an important part in learning and succeeding, if people don’t have a well nutritioned body then they won't be able to think as clearly to be able to do all the necessities for college courses.
Finally, here I am typing this assignment on the first floor of the library finishing this paper so I’m able to continue onto my college and career journey. I’ve learned so many thing in just the past couple years that’s helped with other situations in my life and I will carry them to help me along with things through the rest of my life; like multitasking, highlighting the important facts, summarizing, communicating, to not be so self conscious, and finally to be successful in pursuing my dreams and going to UNLV and becoming a criminal profiler.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Eleven days after our Nation was forever changed by the attacks on September 11, 2001, Pennsylvania Governor Tom Ridge was appointed to oversee and coordinate a comprehensive national strategy. This strategy birthed a new federal department designed to safeguard the country against terrorism and respond to any future attacks. Our Nation’s leaders, created a strategic plan to develop a department that would encompass 22 federal agencies, some who’d been in existence for more than 100 years. They took the mission of some of these agencies and rebirthed their priorities, others they completely restructured and the others were created from nothing.... [tags: National security, Security]
1112 words (3.2 pages)
- Recently, I began a new journey in my life by making the decision to go back to school. I had chosen to begin my family after high school and had put my education on hold. However, my children are at the age now where they are not in need of my undivided attention. This decision has turned into an enormous learning experience and I have found it to be extremely demanding and yet incredibly exciting and stimulating. The objective of this paper is to provide you with a clearer understanding as to why I have decided to pursue a Bachelors degree in Business Administration.... [tags: Autobiography, Personal Experience]
866 words (2.5 pages)
- Why to pick a Major in Accounting The reason I decided to pursue a career in accounting is because I have always been interested in the business world and accounting is considered a basic tool of business. I have worked for small and large business firms; also in private and public sectors which helped me develop a strong linking with the industry as a whole and solidified my interest in accounting. Pursuing the degree in accounting would definitely open up the doors for me. It can prepare me for advancement and give me the foundations to become a CPA, to pursue a career in finance or corporate management, to work in government, or become an entrepreneur.... [tags: Certified Public Accountant, Accountant]
1019 words (2.9 pages)
- All college students should partake in career exploration project because it gives structure and direction. The result from an assessment identifies and prioritizes which careers will best suit an individual person or student. It does not necessarily mean they have to pick that particular job or career; it gives them more chooses to choose from. Career exploration is a life long journey that is emotionally, physically and mentally stress full. I say lifelong because as time goes on so does an individual’s views, abilities and skills.... [tags: professional choices, higher education]
545 words (1.6 pages)
- My life’s journey as taken me to many places, and exposed me to a multitude of experiences. These life experiences have taught me the power of helping others, and the immeasurable satisfaction gained from doing so. Upon graduation from high school I attended Morris Brown College for two years, to pursue a bachelor’s degree, but decided to “postpone” those plans to figure out what exactly I wanted to do with my life. Little did I know this postponement would be 25-years. My career began once I left college, and started working for Days Inn Corporate Headquarters (Atlanta, Ga.) as a reservationist, and travel planner.... [tags: Drug addiction, Addiction, Cocaine, Crack cocaine]
1208 words (3.5 pages)
- Ever since I can remember, I have always tried to negotiate for my family and friends during an argument or disagreement. I enjoy helping opposing sides of a quarrel come to an acceptable conclusion. Because of my mitigation abilities, many of my friends have suggested that they could see me becoming a lawyer when I grow up. However, I have little patience for all of the legal maneuvering and formalities found in a typical courtroom proceeding. I had all but dismissed this career path until I heard about the role of an arbitrator.... [tags: Law, Arbitration, Common law, Juris Doctor]
1179 words (3.4 pages)
- After going through a lot of trial and error in my career, I have decided that I want to pursue being a Registered Nurse. Many things have led me to this career choice, including personal and financial gain. I have tried many other occupations and educational programs and none of them have fulfilled me like I believe nursing will. It has taken me a long time to get to this point and I often joke that I finally know what I want to be when I grow up. I will tell you about my journey and what I hope to gain in my future.... [tags: Narrative, Choosing a Career]
1090 words (3.1 pages)
- Career Journey When I was a kid I dreamt of being a princess. Every little girls dream right. When I became an adolescent I realized that was not realistic and I would soon have to choose a real career. Growing up I was always told to choose a profession that would make me a lot of money. I was told to go to college get an education and make something of myself. I thought about becoming a doctor but soon decided that, that was way too much school. I settled with becoming a nurse. Not quite a doctor but still a great profession and I would still make a decent amount of money.... [tags: High school, College, Teacher, School]
994 words (2.8 pages)
- Eight years ago as I was preparing for my middle school graduation, I remember my homeroom teacher presenting each student with a parting gift. It was an envelope and inside of this envelope was a strip of paper containing notable characteristics of the respective student. When I opened mine, it read “—thoughtful and extremely perceptive of others and her environment. She is intelligent and has varied interests and opinions that hardly anyone knows about. She is an excellent student and a loyal friend.” Though I did not consider the significant meaning of these words at the time, when the paper resurfaced a few years later, I read the paper again, this time with deeper reflection.... [tags: Crime, Criminal justice, Gang, Crips]
1721 words (4.9 pages)
- Applying to a Ph.D. program is a dream come true for me. Not knowing anyone in my family getting a college degree motivated me to achieve an academic degree from a university. My experience in my undergraduate years and masters program has been a great journey, but I am hungry for much more. As a criminology and criminal Justice major I feel a great need to get a graduate level education to become a figure in Criminology that can make a positive impact in our society and the world. Looking into your program I believe this would be a great fit for me.... [tags: Criminal justice, Crime, Police, Prison]
755 words (2.2 pages)