The salary of a Medical Office Manager varies depending on facility, experience, and education level. The highest level of education, experience, certification status, area of specialization and the size and net revenue of the employer all influence salary. The standard education for entry level Medical Office Managers is generally a Bachelor’s Degree with a median salary according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics of $88,000. However, an Associate degree can still offer employment at competitive salaries and with experience, certifications, and further education advancement is possible.
These are few of the possible median salaries starting out in this career:
General Medical and Surgical Hospitals $65,000
Home Healthcare Services $56,650
Outpatient Care Centers $56,600
... middle of paper ...
Annual Job Openings 1
Medical and Health Services Managers 10,590 12,860 +21% 490
Maine shows a 13% potential for growth with median salaries generally falling below the national averages. Florida shows a greater increase in the demand for jobs with a 21% increase though 2022 and higher than average salaries. Research shows that the health care industry will continue to expand and diversify requiring managers to help ensure smooth business operations. As the growing use of clinics, medical offices, and in home health care continues to grow so will the job demand for a qualified medical office manager. This career has so much potential for employees to find not only a chance for a rewarding career but one that allows for vast possibilities for advancement, and the peace of mind for job security in the future.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Montana State University Billings (Billings, MT) Montana State University Billings has one of the largest campus populations in the state with more than 4,900 students in attendance. The campus sits on 100 acres of land located in downtown Billings. The university’s online platform, MSUB Online, offers more than 200 classes online spanning 5 academic colleges. The campus has hosted several TEDx Talks with speakers including several local educators, leaders and musicians. Montana State University Billings offers a variety of associate’s, baccalaureate, master’s and certificate programs via MSUB Online.... [tags: Academic degree, University, Doctorate]
835 words (2.4 pages)
- A Masters of Occupational Therapy degree program is offered at the University of Texas Medical Branch (“How to apply,” n.d.). In order to apply for the Masters of Occupational Therapy (MOT) program, a range of prerequisites must be completed, including taking particular college courses, obtaining a bachelor’s degree, and having at least 20 hours of observation in an occupational therapy setting. The application process includes submitting three letters of professional recommendation, college transcripts, and a completed OTCAS application.... [tags: Medicine, Health care, Master's degree]
1306 words (3.7 pages)
- It is with great enthusiasm that I submit my statement letter to you for the Counseling in Educational Settings program at Rowan University. It has always been my intent to go as far as I can with my education, but never clearly understanding which direction made the distance seem uncharted. Growing up I imagined being a teacher in a classroom setting. I wanted to share the excitement of discovering and understanding something for the very first time. I assumed this made my decision cut and dry.... [tags: Education, Academic degree, University]
1035 words (3 pages)
- Northwood University’s Adult Degree Program (ADP) is a delivery unit of the university that is designed specifically to help satisfy the needs of the working adult students. Students have the option to choose classes online, in the classroom, or a mixture of both. Students are paired with a Program Center Manager when they apply to the school, and they work with this manager is their liaison until they graduate. During a site visit, I was able to speak with students, faculty, staff and observe a class while in session.... [tags: E-learning, Virtual learning environment]
1218 words (3.5 pages)
- The Affordable Baccalaureate Degree Act, which is also called the Texas Affordable Degree Program, was made to aid students along with their parents to pursue in working towards a degree plan. It includes "web-based technology and competency-based programs" (Lindsay, 2015) . It is suppose to be a degree costing no more than $10,00 including books, tuitions, and fees. "The Act would require that ten percent of all public, four year university degrees awarded reach this price-point within four years of passage of this act." (Lindsay, 2015) .... [tags: Academic degree, Higher education, University]
1429 words (4.1 pages)
- Since the earliest of civilizations, humanity has made a great progress considering the brief existence of modern human beings. Never before have we existed in a world as sophisticated and engineered to our needs as today; access to clean water, reliable sources of nourishment, shelter and security, healthcare and disease prevention. However, it is easy to lose sight of the importance of these needs when they are consistently at arms reach. I began my laboratory career shortly after completing my undergraduate degree at the University of Calgary.... [tags: Bachelor's degree, Academic degree]
1117 words (3.2 pages)
- Education and learning has always been very important to me. Graduating undergraduate and graduate school was something I knew I would accomplish. I never thought about pursuing a doctorate degree until I started my Master’s program. I thought of the impact I could make in Higher Education with my experience, purpose and passion. Looking back at the environment that I came from, single parent family, first-generation, and an at-risk student, I had to try harder than others to get ahead. I always sought out more for myself.... [tags: University, Academic degree]
1211 words (3.5 pages)
- The opportunity to purse a psychology degree is an honor. It is interesting to analyze a persons’ behavior and present an ethical mindset. The material I have learned from Colorado Christian University (CCU) is to have a perspective that is fair and just. What employers want from those with a bachelor’s degree in psychology is a person that can “Critically think, solve problems, maintain a professional demeanor and demonstrate a strong work ethic” (Adams, 2015). From the following traits, I believe I currently posse all.... [tags: Academic degree, Master's degree]
1036 words (3 pages)
- I have taken five courses in my Master’s degree program. The courses I have taken have started me towards the achievement of the program outcomes that are set for the program. I am halfway through my program and I hope that my future courses will continue to foster my development and help me achieve all of the outcomes for my Master’s in Education. Walden University has taken on the challenge of social change and making a greater difference for its students. Using what I have learned in my courses, I have started supporting a positive social change in my school, community, and beyond.... [tags: Education, Learning, Teacher, Master's degree]
924 words (2.6 pages)
- College Online: It’s Not Just a Degree, It’s an Opportunity An older friend of mine on Facebook recently posted a status that I saw that ended with the words “if your dreams don’t scare you, they’re not big enough.” She was reflecting upon her educational journey thus far as she started her senior year of college and although she has several desirable job opportunities lined up, they are outside of what her degree is in even though she is fully qualified. She says that even though English is her passion, she wishes she had pursued something outside of it or along with her degree in it to be more successful in her career with another relevant major.... [tags: University, Academic degree, Bachelor's degree]
715 words (2 pages)