My hometown was a little smaller than Huntsville. In the city there was nothing more than H-E-B, Walmart, Brookshire Brothers, Jack-In-The Box, Taco Bell, Whataburger and a Ford car dealership, this basically made up the town besides a few churches, two parks, empty buildings, and either burned down house or foreclosed house. The only happiness I found in Cleveland ...
... middle of paper ...
... and did not feel limited to an area or side. I wanted to be able to go outside and feel good about how my community looked and not be a shamed about how my house looked, also I wanted to enjoy a quitter more peaceful area. I was snapped into reality everyday by my living circumstance, it felt like I was being woken up from a good dream into a bad nightmare.
It was not long before I finally got what I wanted and we moved out of town. My family minus my three older cousins moved to Delray Beach, Florida with my grandmother to make circumstance less stressful for my parents. While I was exotic about leaving town a part of me was sad about not being able to attend the parks in Cleveland. Of the few things they had in the town was two parks the only thing that bought me joy in my hometown was, also the one thing that made me happy about exploring life after Cleveland.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Cleveland was founded the City of Cleveland in 1796. Originally a frontier village, Cleveland grew into a manufacturing and business center for northern Ohio. Today, the city is headquarters for manufacturing and service industries, as well as a growing tourism and convention destination. The Cleveland Plus region extends 100 miles along the Lake Erie shoreline. Cleveland Plus Region is separated into five distinct districts; Historic Warehouse District, Playhouse Square District, Civic Center District, North Coast Harbor District, Flats District, and Historic Gateway District (Cleveland Plus History).I lived in Cleveland for 16 years and Cleveland will always remain my one true home.... [tags: Cleveland, Ohio, History, Downtown]
1043 words (3 pages)
- Cleveland, Ohio wasn’t always what it appears to be today. Cleveland is a very progressive culturally diverse city. It is steeped in history and culture and its residents have had a great impact on American culture and the way we live today. Cleveland is nothing but exciting. Cleveland is filled with great structure, history, and has wonderful attractions. Cleveland is an extraordinary city. Cleveland contains one of the oldest neighborhoods and has some very interesting ones at that. The Tremont neighborhood is one of Cleveland’s oldest and most historic neighborhoods.... [tags: History, City Life ]
708 words (2 pages)
- Democrats, Republicans, and Libertarians are perhaps three of the most prominent political parties within Texas. Within the pages of their party platforms, we see that each possesses a unique philosophy, with specific viewpoints and recommendations for shaping or reforming government policy. To be sure, the people of Texas face many challenges, two of the most compelling issues being the crisis in healthcare and in education. Not only are we lacking in these areas as Texans, but also on the national level.... [tags: Texas]
1565 words (4.5 pages)
- Childhood Obesity is caused by Home life After countless studies, research, debates, journals and different opinions about on what the definite cause of childhood obesity. It is time to critically think about this issue and ask the question “Is home life the main cause of childhood obesity?” After review even though there other factors that cause childhood obesity, childhood obesity is mainly caused by home life. According to the Centers for disease control and prevention obesity is defined as having “excess body fat and is a result of caloric imbalance—too few calories expended for the amount of calories consumed—and are affected by various genetic, behavioral, and environmental factors (... [tags: Nutrition, Obesity, Childhood, Health]
1064 words (3 pages)
- Everyone has their story of how they came to rise and fame, Representative R.D. ‘Bobby’ Guerra has one of a kind. Not every lawyer, or former lawyer, has always been dead set on the profession. Representative Guerra, born in Edinburg, Texas decided that he was going to Double Major in Biology and Chemistry at the University of Texas: Pan-American. Upon completion of his academic studies Representative Guerra became a News Reporter for the local television show ABC affiliated KRGV-TV Channel 5. After numerous years of reporting the news, Representative Guerra decided he was going to head back to Law School and graduate with Cum Laude at Texas Southern University Law School in Houston.... [tags: Rio Grande, Texas, McAllen, Texas]
701 words (2 pages)
- When I visited Texas last summer, I only expected to see my family and a few of the local sites. What I did see, however, was a unique perspective of a unique state. On the morning of July 16th, my dad, my mom, and I set out on the interstate to drive to Nashville to catch our plane. Our journey began with a flight that was smooth and soothing. As we neared Houston, our plane flew over the Gulf of Mexico. I observed huge 500-ton ships and oil rigs that looked like toys from my plane window. Once we landed, my grandma was at the airport awaiting our arrival.... [tags: travel, Texas,]
770 words (2.2 pages)
- In the beginning of Texas, there was a struggle for power. Power to control the great state that was and is Texas. How much power did Sam Houston have in his role in the Texas government. Was this power good for Texas and was he seen as helping or hurting Texas. The Mexicans government wanted to control this piece of land, forcing Native Americans out of their homeland all while American explorer wanted to gain access to all of this new land. The land that soon would become today’s Texas had quite a few changes in political power and land owners.... [tags: United States, Texas]
1699 words (4.9 pages)
- ... However according to McCoy (1), “One day Jesse woke up to his mother Mary standing over him with a sterilized knife and boiling water. She cut the tumor off her baby boy, causing him to bleed for three days. Fortunately, he survived the amateur surgery.” Surprisingly this “surgery” performed by his mother was successful and Owens never had issues with the tumor or the surgery at any time in his life. As a kid Jesse was very shy and it was because of this shyness he possessed that he is called Jesse Owens today.... [tags: olympic long jumper, track, athlete, hitler]
1111 words (3.2 pages)
- Thesis: The nine years of Texas’s independence were long and seemed to be dragged out. Were those nine years unnecessary and could it have been done in a shorter period of time. 13 October 1834 was the first revolutionary meeting of the American citizens who’d settled in Mexico, in the area soon to be known as Texas. The people attempted a movement that soon was laid to rest by the Mexican Congress. Attempts at independence were silenced for the time being and the elections of 1835 proceeded forward.... [tags: Texas Independence]
1058 words (3 pages)
- Grover Cleveland Stephan Grover Cleveland is the fifth of nine children born to Reverend Richard Falley Cleveland and Ann Neal Cleveland. He was born on March 18th of 1837 in Caldwell, New Jersey, although he was raised in Fayetteville, New York. The actual house in which he was born still stands today on 207 Bloomfield Avenue. He was named in honor of Stephan Grover, a minister at a local Presbyterian Church who Reverend Cleveland had recently taken over for. Life as the son of a minister was different than most boys.... [tags: essays research papers]
1028 words (2.9 pages)
- Why Gun Control Should Be Critically Restricted By The Lawmakers Of The Us
- Analysis Of The Novel ' Young Goodman Brown '
- Edgar Allen Poe 's The Raven And For Annie
- Procrastination And Its Effects On Education And Everyday Life With Irrevocable Consequences
- Mechanical Properties Of Material Selection And Design
- The Competitive Nature Of Business Intelligence