Computer Science is a program under the College of Engineering at the University of Nevada. The College of Engineering strives to teach engineering majors how to collaborate in a global market and learn about standards of ethics and engineering procedure. Students under this college can learn about the importance of engineering throughout the world and how engineering can benefit in developing and improving all aspects of life (About Engineering). Through an interview with my professor of computer science, David Feil-Seifer, I learned about the importance of computer science under the Engineering College and how it improves the program. He states that the College of Engineering allows many more possibilities to learn besides simply learning computer science. Through the college students can have the opportunit...
... middle of paper ...
...uter science program is a great program that gives amazing benefits, but it requires diligence and hard work to do well.
The computer science program so far has been an amazing experience for myself and for enhancing my understanding of computer science. Coming from a computer science background already I have been enjoying the nature of the course and the exciting course work I have experienced so far. I look forward to the classes that I will take in the future and how I will be able to expand my understanding of computer science. To strive with this program, I must make sure to continue with being diligent with my school work. I feel that is I continue to be hardworking I will be able to do fine in this major and with my career in the future. I have loved computer science since a young age and look forward to furthering my love and understanding of the subject.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Computers are growing to be a huge part of society. Ever since the computer boom, people's lives have been completely different. Companies have been revolutionized on the basis of computer labor, and the personal computer has, by far, been one of the most revolutionary inventions of our time. With computers becoming more and more popular, in businesses and at home, careers based on computers have also become more popular. What types of careers are there for computer specialists. How can one get started in these types of careers.... [tags: careers, design, technology]
564 words (1.6 pages)
- I’m currently working on an Information Technology (IT) department as the admin for the network. I have acquired my Master’s Degree in Engineering System Management. But still. I would want to pursue my degree in Computer Science. I would like to finish the said degree because of various reasons. First, I really have good skills in programming, and in developing software and hardware. The field of computer science optimize the use of computers in solving real world problems. These utilizes the designing of computer programs – which are known as software – as well as the development of the hardware.... [tags: computing problems, technology]
736 words (2.1 pages)
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE I look forward to a career in committed research where I considered Computational Science program as a novel challenge in my profession. I find this program to be a great course which I believe is an excellent preparation and will give me a good foundation in theoretical and practical aspects to excel in the desired workplace of tomorrow. My decision to continue my education in this field is the outcome of my profound interest in Computational Science. I thoroughly prepared for further studies in the field of Computer Science and I would like to deepen my practical understanding of the course.... [tags: international exposure, future, goals]
572 words (1.6 pages)
- The field of Computer Science is based primarily on computer programing. Programming is the writing of computer programs using letters and numbers to make "code". The average computer programer will write at least a million lines of code in his or her lifetime. But even more important than writting code, a good programer must be able to solve problems and think logicaly. The working conditions for a programer very greatly. Most banks require their programers to wear a suit and attend an office during normal work hours.... [tags: Computer Programming, Coding]
474 words (1.4 pages)
- Abstract The computer programming industry has many great aspects with opportunities of growth. A strong future is apparent for programmers and employers will continue to need the technical skills of programmers that know the business requirements. Business requirements will always continue to evolve more and more as time moves forward. This occupation will keep interests growing from the ever changing program languages and different techniques used in the industry. I am proposing the idea of becoming a computer programmer.... [tags: Career Computer Science Job]
1608 words (4.6 pages)
- Every day brings a new challenge for Computer Science. The subject is extremely diverse and success depends on the creativity and the commitment of the individual. I gain satisfaction from solving logical problems and working with computer systems. Ever since my IT technician at Secondary School introduced me to programming in Powershell. I always want to know just how computers worked and how much they could evolve over time. This interest has only grown more intense with each new discovery that I make.... [tags: study, systems, degree, career]
574 words (1.6 pages)
- My application for a Master of Science in Computer Science at your esteemed university is a step towards attaining my goal to build a successful career in the I.T. industry by pursuing a master’s degree in computer science which will greatly help me to enhance my existing knowledge about computers and also to develop my overall personality with the must-haves of an I.T. professional. The fascinating world of computers was first introduced to me at the tender age of 10 years, in my fourth grade. We had a practical lab session every week in school in which we were taught about the basic peripherals and working of the computer.... [tags: career choices]
879 words (2.5 pages)
- Computer The technology in these days is considered help hand for everything to do our work with fewer errors and faster time. As we know many people in these days using the computer each day for doing their work and assignments or just for spending fun time. Computer word does not just mean hardware and software but means more than that. It means everything related to technology such as infrastructure, networks, and programming languages. Computer facilities have three primary computer specialists that are computer science, computer information system, and computer information technology.... [tags: Software engineering, Computer science, Computer]
830 words (2.4 pages)
- What I want to do as a Career In today’s society, technology is essential to do well in the careers today. It is in careers from aerospace technology to all types of sports. And it is something that is highly recommended to look into. But it can be very hard, because technology is not the easiest profession to get into, because it can be like learning a new language. But it is still something I want to get into. One of the many careers I want to get into would be computer science engineering.... [tags: Computer science, Computer]
1201 words (3.4 pages)
- When we talk about dreams, the first thing that comes to my mind is Virtual Reality because of my interest in Computer Science. The advancement in the field of Computer Science in the new millennium has helped many people realize their dreams by making their living and working a lot easier than before. Computers now have become an indispensible part of everyone’s life. I have always had an ambition of doing something big, this ambition and along with my stalwart desire to gain in-depth knowledge about computers have been the prime reasons of my decision to pursue graduate studies in the field of computer science in your university which will offer a lot of opportunities to succeed and achiev... [tags: career choices, statement of purpose]
1039 words (3 pages)