Essay PreviewMore ↓
It is very fascinating the most of the universities are having online courses for nurses to get their higher education, while nurses are struggling between the work and home. Currently most of the hospitals in the United Sates are moving towards magnet status which needed higher educated nurses. In this situation, it is blessing for nurses to attain their higher education through online course even for associate RNs to become BSN. The BSN program helps the nurses in many ways including to utilizing the process to the full scale and it will promote nurses to use their skills like educating the patient as we’ll as creating new nurses. Because of the new health care reform, the BSN program also will aid to fill the gap from the influx of patients. The baccalaureate degrees and BSN program helps and prepares for the significant part they going to play in reinforcing the new healthcare modification. At present, I utilize and develop nursing care plan in the nursing process even though it needs some corrections due to the nature of my work. The highest standards of nursing could be only done through better research and advanced training. All these process will not only aid to create a healthcare model based on the clinicians wants, but also based on better data from the research which will eventually help to direct them towards right direction.
For nurses to achieve a higher education for nurses .the reasonable rate is a big factor for weather the nurse has to continue on higher education or not. The goal of IOM research outlines to increase the doctoral degree of nurses by 2020. The IOM research also point out the problems for a position in a rural area and recommends incentives for such traditional educational expenses which is going to benefits both the patient and the nurse.
How to Cite this Page
"My Career Goals in Nursing Profession." 123HelpMe.com. 21 Mar 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In my ADN program, I feel as though we focused mostly on scientific information and only scraped the surface of nursing theory. When I started my first job fresh out of nursing school, I was thrown into nursing and expected to be a nurse and do what a nurse does. Though, I gained nursing skills, most of nursing is what I was going to learn in a hands-on manner. I never understood the importance of theory or nursing as a profession. Researching Dorothy Johnson’s Behavioral System Model of Nursing has changed my view of what nursing really consists of.... [tags: Nursing, Nursing theory, Nursing practice]
1579 words (4.5 pages)
- Nursing had not initially been a career option for me, but nursing had made an impact on my life, even at an early age. There was a picture frame that sat on my mother’s dresser with an image of her in her student nurse uniform. It was very formal, and she wore a blue cape with red satin lining. This image gave me my first impression of nursing. Helping my mother with the laundry, bleaching the white uniforms and starching the stiff white cap banded with a thin black velvet ribbon was another activity I associated with nursing.... [tags: Nursing, Nursing theory, Patient]
2475 words (7.1 pages)
- Personal Career Goals I love that the scope of the Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) is so extensive because I have a thirst for continual learning and career development. I enjoy trying out different fields of nursing, evident by my varied work experience to this point. As a FNP I can continue to satiate this desire to try different fields. In addition to working in primary care I’d like to practice a mixture of the following FNP sub-specialties during my FNP career: endocrinology, pain management, surgery, palliative care, hospice, genetic counseling, education, and research.... [tags: Nursing, Registered nurse]
1259 words (3.6 pages)
- Nursing is a dynamic profession built upon a foundation of art and science. It has adapted to rapidly changing technology, rising patient acuity, and weathered the challenge of nursing shortages with an unwavering commitment to professionalism. In this paper I will discuss my beliefs and values, my vision for the future, and my strengths and limitation in pursuing my career goals. I will also reflect upon the influences that contributed to choosing nursing as a profession. Choice of Nursing In truth, a wide range of career possibilities did not exist in Southern Indiana where I grew up.... [tags: nursing, medical, ]
1105 words (3.2 pages)
- Issues and trends in the nursing profession are constantly changing due to discoveries in technology and research, changes in reimbursement and legislation, and the changing needs of our population; in fact the only constant in healthcare is change. This course has provided me with a foundation and better understanding of the need for higher education to empower nurses to become leaders and help shape the future of the nursing profession. Nurses are the “backbone” of healthcare and this is becoming more evident with the changes we are currently seeing in the healthcare industry.... [tags: Nursing, Florence Nightingale, Learning]
977 words (2.8 pages)
- Nursing As a Profession and My Role in 2025 The definition of a nurse and what the profession actually entitles can often be misconstrued and open for interpretation. Many people do not realize the many hours and amount of work that a nurse performs for the overall care of their patients. Professional nurses are hardworking people that, when given the proper training, provide and advocate for their patients and by the year 2025 I plan to have been one for several years. Professional Nursing While the term professional nurse can be left for interpretation, there are some common ideas that follow it.... [tags: Nursing, Nurse, Childbirth, Physician]
910 words (2.6 pages)
- I presently work as a critical care registry float pool nurse in four adult intensive care units and in the emergency department at Lutheran Hospital. I have been taking care of critically ill adult patients for 11 years. While I do have several goals as a nurse practitioner, one very loosely defined goal is to continue to care for adult patients in a primary care or specialty care office. I specifically see myself providing care and advocacy to the most vulnerable and needy in my local community of Huntington through free health clinic services.... [tags: Nursing Profession, Nursing Career]
1064 words (3 pages)
- Since the 1990’s, the interest in nursing and the profession as a whole has decreased dramatically and is still expected to do so over the next 10-15 years according to some researchers. With this nursing shortage, many factors are affected. Organizations have to face challenges of low staffing, higher costs for resources, recruiting and reserving of registered nurses, among liability issues as well. Some of the main issues arising from this nurse shortage are the impact of quality and continuity of care, organizational costs, the effect it has on nursing staff, and etc.... [tags: Nursing Profession, Nursing Career]
1904 words (5.4 pages)
- Before this class, I always thought nursing was a respectable and challenging profession. I know in today’s society, nurses are overworked and don’t really get the appreciation they deserve for their hard work. However, I never would have thought that in the 1800s, nursing was not even seen as a profession. Before learning of Florence Nightingale, we learned of a woman called Martha Ballard and her role in Midwifery. Later on, we learned about Florence Nightingale and her contributions to the nursing profession.... [tags: Nursing, Florence Nightingale, Nurse, Crimean War]
1681 words (4.8 pages)
- Before this class, I always thought of nursing as respectable and challenging profession. I know in today’s society, nurses are overworked and don’t truly get the appreciation they deserve for their hard work. However, I never would have thought that in the 1800s, nursing was not even seen as a profession. Before learning about Florence Nightingale, we learned of a woman called Martha Ballard and her role in Midwifery. Later on, we learned about Florence Nightingale and her contributions to the nursing profession.... [tags: Nursing, Florence Nightingale, Nurse, Crimean War]
1678 words (4.8 pages)
It is noticeable that during the time of rapid development, continues learning is a significant attribute in the medical world. Nurses has to well prepare and well trained to hold to a standard of continues self trained in which they could be better equipped to meet the high demands of the growing multicultural population. With a higher research and growth, there comes the importance of training medical staff with latest techniques and procedures.
T o serve the patients in psychiatric unit as a seasoned nurse in my community is my present option in the job market depend on my educational level. By saying this .it is noticeable that I am not able surpass the staffing and educational gap among a nurse having a Bachelor of Science degree and nurse having a diploma of nursing.
It has been always my solemn trust and dream that by having a higher education in my profession ,I would be able to function not only as an RN in my community, but also I could educate, give support and persuade my co-workers and colleagues to utilize their critical thinking skills throughout their practices in nursing. Also through the evidence based practices and by co-coordinating new supporting research, I could assist them to understand the importance of higher level of education. It will also significantly increase our quality of patient care... In the future of, I would achieve a more significant part by climbing ladders in my education. My ability to easily express and I will be able to utilize critical thinking throughout my daily nursing practice and it will assist me to make me a part of the progression of the nursing practice and the standards of nursing education. I could only demonstrate all the above by achieving a Bachelors Degree in nursing. Above all my Bachelors Degree will ultimately give me a wisdom of self-assurance that make me feel like I am capable of . unite my evidence based nursing practice, critical thinking skills, and theory of nursing .in order to provide my customers, especially my patients the highest possible excellent care and at the same time to guide other nurses to the same .From the bottom of my heart, I strongly believes, if I could do all these, this is a great achievement in my nursing career.