In the future, I hope to pursue my career dream of becoming a pediatrician. Pediatricians can be identified individuals who specialize in giving medical care to children and adolescents between infancy to adulthood at eighteen years of age. I became inspired to become a pediatrician due to my immense love of children. Perhaps I have an innate intuition for taking care of people being that I have always felt that I excel at taking care of others. The idea of taking care of others truly makes me feel that I serve a purpose, not only to better the life of myself but the life of others. Therefore, I believe that becoming a pediatrician will help me combine the best of both worlds into a career that I adore and cherish.
In order to achieve their dream job as a pediatrician, individuals studying to become a practitioner of pediatrics must first endure a grueling amount of requirements designed to test their ability and shape the student to become a pediatrician that excels in the future prospects of the workplace environment. Without first asserting the time and drive into becoming a highly skilled pediatrician, the chances of pursuing a career in this field will receive a massive degradation likely halting the furtherance of the path to the field. However, if drive , desire, and effort are the driving force behind the educations, the student will be pole vaulted into a position which can accelerate their path in life. Education, personality traits applicable for the job, and experience are include in the series of requirements needed to obtain and pursue a career in pediatrics.
Education past that of a traditional college level is required in almost all cases concerning a path ultimately cu...
... middle of paper ...
...cians, General. Retrieved September 12, 2014, from http://www.myfuture.com/careers/overview/pediatricians-general_29-1065.00
University of Maryland Medical Center. (2013, December 18). What is a Pediatrician?. Retrieved September 12, 2014, from http://umm.edu/programs/childrens/health/about/what-is-a-pediatrician
Diploma Guide. (n.d.). A Pediatrician Career: Pros and Cons. Retrieved September 16, 2014, from http://diplomaguide.com/articles/Pediatrician_Career_Overview.html
Iannelli, V. (2014, July 16). What It 's Like to Be a Pediatrician - A Firsthand Account. Retrieved September 18, 2014, from http://pediatrics.about.com/cs/pediatriccareers/a/pedi_interview.htm
Basco, W., & Rimsza, M. (2013). Pediatrician Workforce Policy Statement. PEDIATRICS,132(2), 390-397. Retrieved September 18, 2014, from http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/132/2/390.full.html#sec-6
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- My research paper will discuss the profession pediatrician. It will give explain what a pediatrician is as well as discuss the pediatrician’s duties and responsibilities. It will further discuss the education requirements needed to pursue a successful career as a pediatrician. Lastly, my paper will discuss the salary that pediatricians will receive once they began their career. My desire in life is to pursue my lifelong dream of becoming a successful pediatrician. Becoming a pediatrician is something that I have always wanted to be ever since I was able to talk.... [tags: Physician, Medical school, Pediatrics, Medicine]
1165 words (3.3 pages)
- When I was younger, I remember my teacher asking me what I wanted to be when I grew up. At a young age I knew I wanted to be a doctor. It is what every kid says when they are little, right. When an adult asks a child what they would like to be, they would give them one of the simplest answers: a doctor, a cop, or a teacher. As I got older, I still wanted to follow my dream. As long as I could remember I always dreamed about working in the medical field. I think volunteering at the Veterans hospital made me want to pursue this goal even more.... [tags: Medicine, Physician, Medical school, Pediatrics]
715 words (2 pages)
- To be a pediatrician is more than just an occupation, some might consider it to be a dream job. To love, laugh, and cure a child of a disease simultaneously, would mean so much, no matter how much schooling and training one must endure. Although the hours may become hectic and many nights may become sleepless, the feeling at the end of each day maybe a feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment, because of the fact that a child may get to conquer another day or be painless another night all because a pediatrician.... [tags: Occupation, Career, Children's Doctor]
1054 words (3 pages)
- A Pediatrician is a child’s physician, dealing with the physical, mental, and emotional well being of the child. You undoubtedly have to have a strong love for children and have patience to be a Pediatrician. If you don’t like children then it is apparent being a Pediatrician is not the job for you. I have dreamed of being a Pediatrician since I was 7 years old, ever since I was rushed to the emergency room for an accident I had. I remember how the doctor interacted with me; he introduced himself, and he explained what a Pediatrician did.... [tags: child health, medicine, doctor]
1630 words (4.7 pages)
- “Work for a cause. Not for applause. Live life to express. Not to impress. Don’t strive to make your presence notice. Just make your absence felt”. –Anonymous As a child my mother would always make me go to church which was horrible for me, but one day being there made want to get interested in becoming pediatric. That day the church was asking the whole concretion to donate money for the kids in need and they showed a video of kids receiving food and water, and the church wanted to give more to those kids like medical help.... [tags: High school, Graduation, High school diploma]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- Medical Introspection Becoming a physician means so much more than the academics and extracurricular activities, the arduous studying and relentless applications. Passion is a key factor, but what does it mean to be passionate beyond the dictionary definition. As aspiring healthcare providers, we should strive to bring aid to those in need, whether they 're in their final hours or at the beginning of their lifespan. To be devoted in medicine is to aid a community that we resonate with beyond mere words.... [tags: Medicine, Physician, Pediatrics, Medical school]
736 words (2.1 pages)
- My career choice is to become a pediatrician. The question is: what makes this job so interesting or fantastic enough to be chosen. This job requires many sacrifices, skills, and strengths to endeavor the obstacles on the way to the goal. This particular job is also a very honorable and noble job in the sense of helping children with their illnesses and ailments. Personally, I love children and I’m always fascinated by their actions and interesting techniques of expressing themselves. Since I am intrigued by the children’s personality I love spending time with them (and that’s why their child-like ways rub off on me).... [tags: career choice, pediatrician's income]
1209 words (3.5 pages)
- Ever since I was five years-old, I walked around telling everyone that I want to be a doctor. It was not till I was eleven that I knew I wanted to work with kids too. So I looked to my mother and said, “Mom what do you call a doctor that always works with kids?” I didn’t know whether or not it had a special name like everything else. She looked at me and asked why I wanted to know. I told her, “I want to know what kind of doctor I want to be.” She told me that everyone would call me a pediatrician.... [tags: Career Essays]
1380 words (3.9 pages)
- “What do you want to be when you grow up?” As a child, we have all been asked this question; and as unrealistic children, we all had dreams of being a superhero, princess, cowboy, or astronaut. Later on in life, as time went by, and as we became more knowledgeable, our answers became more serious. Some of us wanted to be teachers, business owners, or a veterinarian. However, I have always wanted to be a doctor, but not just any doctor. For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to be a pediatrician.... [tags: Career Essays]
1634 words (4.7 pages)
- Many people in this world want to make a difference in life. However, most people do not want to put in all the effort that it takes to do so. The job of a pediatrician is life-changing to many. Unfortunately, it takes drive and effort that many people do not have, to become a pediatrician. A pediatrician’s job is a highly-skilled and interesting job because he or she has the privilege to deal with and help as many children as possible. What is a pediatrician. Pediatricians are doctors who specialize and focus in caring for babies to young adults (Career Cruising).... [tags: Pediatrics career]
1272 words (3.6 pages)