In order to reach my dreams of becoming a registered nurse I must go to college in a four year program so I can get my bachelor’s of science degree in nursing (BSN), and associate degree in nursing (ADN). While in high school I need to maintain a G.P.A of at least a 3.0. The reason for this is so I can be immediately accepted into a nursing school, or a nursing program. Like Miami University for example, if I maintain that 3.0 throughout high school I will be able to start nursing school immediately after I graduate instead of having to take a whole year of college and maintaining a grade higher than a B- before starting my nursing education.
In preparation to become a registered nurse I am currently taking Chemistry I CP and Algebra II CP. Also, I am in an excellent program that helps me prepare for some things that are associated with health careers. Some examples would be taking respirations, pulse, blood pressure, apical pulse, height and weight, and other such things. Also we learn about the many different systems of the body. The class is a total of 3 periods long...
... middle of paper ...
...erinarian though. For example I may have to deal with pets that are nervous, anxious, scared, or in severe pain. As we all know, when an animal is any of these things they tend to act out, whether it is by using the restroom on your floor or trying to bite you. Also it would be extremely hard for me to have to euthanize the animals, although it probably would be for the better.
I believe that I am currently doing what is necessary for me to reach my goals in life in terms of the courses I am taking and the Health Careers program that I am currently in. Hopefully I will pursue my dream of helping people and treating them correctly when it comes to a medical emergency. If I can’t do this for some reason such as not graduating medical school, I plan to go to a Veterinarian school to become a veterinarian where I can still help humans as well as animals and pets.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Medical Doctor is my top career choice. A career in medicine exemplifies my second and third career choices. Clinical Psychologists rectify maladjusted individuals, empowering them to be happy, healthy, and well-adjusted. Professional bodybuilding demands vast time commitment, dedication, and work ethic. Bodybuilders engage in extensive practice and personal progression, in order to master the skills of their trade. As a physician, I intend to integrate all of these fundamental principles. I desire to master the skills necessitated by current demands of medicine and to motivate and empathize with my patients, so they can live long and prosperous lives.... [tags: personal narrative]
709 words (2 pages)
- In 1844 that Blackwell convinced herself that she was going to become a medical doctor. With her determination stubbornness and persistence, it was the perfect goal for her. she openly discussed this idea with her friends. Some of them encourage her but warned her that the path she had chosen to take was one filled with struggles and hardship. They advised her that if she chose to study medicine, her best choice was to move to France, disguise herself as a man, and only then would she be accepted into medical school; while others strongly opposed her idea and plainly told her that it would be impossible.... [tags: Blackwell, medical doctor, history]
1075 words (3.1 pages)
- “What do you want to be when you grow up?” As a child, we have all been asked this question; and as unrealistic children, we all had dreams of being a superhero, princess, cowboy, or astronaut. Later on in life, as time went by, and as we became more knowledgeable, our answers became more serious. Some of us wanted to be teachers, business owners, or a veterinarian. However, I have always wanted to be a doctor, but not just any doctor. For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to be a pediatrician.... [tags: Career Essays]
1634 words (4.7 pages)
- The purpose of this paper is to gather all the strategies needed to be the best I can be in the future, as a professional. I will express all of my personal goals that I will strive to achieve during college. This paper will serve as a road map to my career path, and will help me better understand the job market. Currently my major is in the college of Kinesiology. The reason I have chosen kinesiology is because I am fascinated with the human body, and learning how to take care of it while it is in motion.... [tags: Career Essays]
1554 words (4.4 pages)
- Being able to identify lumps, swelling, tissue damage, cysts, and the overwhelming news of the sex of a baby all have something in common, an ultrasound. Swelling of the spleen, kidney stones, blood clots, aneurysms, cancer and so much more can be identified through the works of an ultrasound’s imaging technique. Ultrasound involves many concepts, procedures, and careers. The amount of medical possibilities involved with ultrasounds is useful in major medical diagnostics. The field of ultrasounds and career opportunities are widely growing.... [tags: Career Research ]
2029 words (5.8 pages)
- Career Interest Deciding on a career has been a challenge. My first career interest was to be a physical therapist. As a child I would look at my mother-nursing textbook was intrigued by the muscular and skeletal systems The most intriguing part was how muscles, tendons, and ligaments all work to attach themselves to our skeletal system to create motion. My second career interesteas in mass communications. After only one semester I realized that I had no real desire to pursue a career in this field.... [tags: Career Search]
1857 words (5.3 pages)
- Economics is the term used to describe the production, distribution, and consumption of goods and services. In addition, economics is the study of scarcity, Our economy is important because it gives us an opportunity to understand better, how business, society, and the world are doing overall financially. Our economy as it stands now is barely standing. The government is in debt by trillions, and furthermore, This means an increased competitive job market. However, one needs to consider many different factors when choosing a career to give them the best chance of being happy and fulfilled.... [tags: Career Research ]
1868 words (5.3 pages)
- In the last few decades, abortion has become a much-discussed subject. It has been a central point in many political affairs as in; selecting justices for the Supreme Court, it has also become an issue for candidates for state and local offices as well as for the U.S. Presidency. What exactly is abortion anyway. Depending on who you ask one will always get different answers, but the dictionary defines abortion as the termination of a pregnancy after, accompanied by, resulting in, or closely followed by the death of the embryo or fetus.... [tags: Abortion, Argumentative, Pro-Choice]
1597 words (4.6 pages)
- “I feel sorry for the person who can't get genuinely excited about his work. Not only will he never be satisfied, but he will never achieve anything worthwhile” (Walter Chrysler). Deciding on what one wants to be in life can prove to be a demanding task. There are so many, yet limited, different opportunities in the world to have an excellent career and make a decent living while doing something one loves. It is limited because there are only a few specific career paths that someone could take to make good money.... [tags: Career Ambition]
2191 words (6.3 pages)
- Becoming a Doctor Many people think that becoming a doctor is difficult. Others have some sense that becoming a physician takes many years and is expensive. Most people realize that being a physician is difficult yet rewarding. All these people are correct. Becoming a physician is a long, arduous, expensive process that can only be accomplished with great dedication. Before starting the process of becoming a physician (or any profession) you must do some honest soul searching. First of all you must be aware of the time commitment involved in becoming a physician.... [tags: Research Medical Career Essays]
5007 words (14.3 pages)