... middle of paper ...
...din will allow me to post my profile. This will help identify my credentials and skills to other professionals. All NPs should join a networking association. They provide support and can beneficial in identifying some employment opportunities. In my area The Northeast Ohio Nurse Practitioners (NEONP) is a networking association that will very beneficial. The NEONP helps NPs with employment opportunities, education, mentoring, and peer support in the Cleveland area (Northeast Ohio Nurse Practitioners, n.d.). Direct marketing and networking with physicians can be very profitable when attempting to seek a NP position. This can be while working as a RN and completing my graduate program. My current organization holds several different gatherings and educational events with physicians through out the year. It is a great time to network and market myself to physicians.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Psychology is the study of the human mind and its functions. I am interested in psychology because I think it is fascinating how people’s minds work and how they are affected by different things. It is also kind of interesting to try and understand how people think. I already knew that psychologist have their own area where they work and that it not a really hectic environment. I hope to learn if the job is stressful and requires a lot of work outside the scheduled work hours. I set up an interview with Dr.... [tags: Career Essays]
1064 words (3 pages)
- The career that I have chosen for my future is to become a dentist. Become a dentist is one of my biggest dreams, because is something that I always wanted to be since I was a child. There are a lot of advantages of becoming a dentist that I really love about this career. Firstly there are a lot of opportunities of getting a good job, also be able to help others with their dental care, earn good money, and have a flexible schedule. Become a dentists is something that I really want, because it can give me a lot of opportunities that I really want to have in a career.... [tags: Career Goals]
477 words (1.4 pages)
- Career as Lawyer Description: Career as a lawyer is very respectful as they serve to maintain the law and order. They are responsible for providing justice to the innocent and punishment to the offenders. Career as Lawyer on one side is challenging and risky but on the other side, it is prestigious and honorable as well. Key words: Career as Lawyer, Career as a Lawyer, Lawyers Career, Lawyer’s Career, Lawyer Career, Career of Lawyers, Career of a Lawyer, Career of the Lawyer, Lawyer as a Career, Lawyer as Career, A Lawyer, Lawyer, Lawyers, Lawyer as one Career, Career – Lawyer, A Lawyers Career Career as Lawyer Synopsis: 1. Introduction 2. Tasks 3. Educational Qualifications 4. Interper... [tags: Career Description]
967 words (2.8 pages)
- When people ask me what do I want to do as a career, I respond with I want to become an engineer. People are in shock when they hear that because engineering is a hard and challenging career. It includes a mixture of subjects such as science, English, and a strong foundation of mathematics. Engineering also includes an imagination because the engineer will have to invent objects used for everyday life or improve already used objects to improve the environment for people. Students are not openly exposed to engineering at an early stage, which affects the engineering field.... [tags: Career Essays]
1432 words (4.1 pages)
- The purpose of this paper is to gather all the strategies needed to be the best I can be in the future, as a professional. I will express all of my personal goals that I will strive to achieve during college. This paper will serve as a road map to my career path, and will help me better understand the job market. Currently my major is in the college of Kinesiology. The reason I have chosen kinesiology is because I am fascinated with the human body, and learning how to take care of it while it is in motion.... [tags: Career Essays]
1554 words (4.4 pages)
- Nursing is defined as “as an application of scientific knowledge enhanced by artful practice in a socially responsible manner.” (Gregory 5). Nurses provide leadership as members of interdisciplinary teams, provide client centered care to promote health, prevent disease, and restore and maintain client integrity throughout the life span. (Krannich 71). This makes it one of the most interesting professions, in my opinion. General Qualifications for becoming a nurse, according to Regina Ranburn, include: “Compassion, caring for others, selflessness, love for humanity, and desire to help others” (1).... [tags: A Nursing Career]
1573 words (4.5 pages)
- Career Interest Deciding on a career has been a challenge. My first career interest was to be a physical therapist. As a child I would look at my mother-nursing textbook was intrigued by the muscular and skeletal systems The most intriguing part was how muscles, tendons, and ligaments all work to attach themselves to our skeletal system to create motion. My second career interesteas in mass communications. After only one semester I realized that I had no real desire to pursue a career in this field.... [tags: Career Search]
1857 words (5.3 pages)
- Career Passports and Career Portfolios Portfolios have long been used in some professions to showcase professional work and skill. In education, portfolios have also been used for assessment, including self-assessment (Lankes 1995; Pond et al. 1998). Both career portfolios and career passports reflect this dual focus—students assess themselves in the process of developing a product, and the resulting product showcases and documents their experiences and skills. A distinction is sometimes drawn between a portfolio as developmental and a passport as summative (Bridging the Gap 1993).... [tags: Career Passports Portfolios Essays]
1831 words (5.2 pages)
- The career services professional supports the educational mission of a college by assisting students to develop, evaluate, and pursue career aspirations with the goal of securing employment. Career services professionals accomplish these goals with a range of programs, counseling and services designed to help students make the connection between the academic environment and the workplace. Career Counseling, or Career Services depending on the institution, is frequently offered on a one-on-one basis, but at times this service is provided through group workshops, classes, or computerized guidance systems.... [tags: Career Goals]
1568 words (4.5 pages)
- Economics is the term used to describe the production, distribution, and consumption of goods and services. In addition, economics is the study of scarcity, Our economy is important because it gives us an opportunity to understand better, how business, society, and the world are doing overall financially. Our economy as it stands now is barely standing. The government is in debt by trillions, and furthermore, This means an increased competitive job market. However, one needs to consider many different factors when choosing a career to give them the best chance of being happy and fulfilled.... [tags: Career Research ]
1868 words (5.3 pages)