During the beginning of the summer, most of my time was spent doing research for Villa’s mentorship program. I sifted through a myriad of research articles, extracted pertinent information, which was then used to created documents for mentorship training. During this period, I also did research on student financial literacy programs, which was needed for the grant application process. These tasks afforded me the opportunity to learn about topics that I knew little about. I have never studied mentorship or financial literacy programming, both of which are important for student success, retention, and meeting government demands. Mentorship serves as another pillar of support for first-year students. Mentors acclimatize students to the college atmosphere and help them feel welcome on campus. Many campuses have created mentorship programs to make their students feel comfortable on campus with the intention of retaining students. As far as financial literacy, in an age of increased oversight from governmental bodies, it is in the best interest of insti...
... middle of paper ...
...n Buffalo State’s History Department, especially European intellectual history with Dr. Abromeit, was an experience that propelled me on a life-long pursuit for knowledge and the understanding of ideas. The information was presented in an objective manner with the intent of understanding events and ideas in history..
Lastly, in an age of social media, I can use these platforms as a way to communicate with students. In my time as a student and a new professional, I have noticed that a number of students do not check their school e-mail. Although students should still be encouraged to check their e-mail daily, social media can be used to disseminate important information. The use of Twitter feeds and Facebook pages can be used to post information that will surely be seen by students, who are constantly on their mobile devices and refreshing their social media streams.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In the world there is an abundance of careers that you can choose from many college students and just regular everyday people search for the perfect career to pursue.Furthuermore picking a career is a balance of good timing and actual passion for the career , a career that has been on the rise and is becoming one of the top careers beside anything in the medical field happens to be analytics.Additonally the average salary for a analytics graduate is $99,000 which is a considerable amount for only having to complete half of the school that someone who is pursuing to be a doctor or a lawyer has too.... [tags: Intern, Internship, Business terms, Learning]
963 words (2.8 pages)
- I am writing to apply for a dietetic intern position at the Mount Mary College. After researching the entire dietetic internship (DI) programs on the Internet, I became very interested in pursuing a position in your dietetic internship. I am confident that it will provide me with a wide variety of practical hands-on experience and the valuable didactic training I need to be successful for my career goals. If given the opportunity, I am highly motivated to successfully complete the internship program and achieve my goal of becoming a Registered Dietitian (RD).... [tags: Career Goals]
799 words (2.3 pages)
- Prior to the three days we spent discussing clinical and experimental internships, I had only a vague idea of what internships entailed. I had only briefly spoken with second-year graduate students about their experiences. Thus, I found the psychology professional forum, internship panel, and Dr. Northington’s presentation to be quite helpful. Likewise, all three events provided different insights regarding internships. I had not yet given much consideration to the pros and cons of each internship sites, the experiences that would be the most valuable and lastly, how my internship choice would impact my career path.... [tags: Intern, Internship, Psychology, Health]
815 words (2.3 pages)
- For the UCDC summer 2014 program, I worked as a business intern at National Education Association (NEA). NEA is the largest professional association as well as the largest labor union in the United States. Members include teachers, professors, school bus drivers, and people working in the US educational system. The organization has more than 3 million members and the association operates on membership payments. Since I am majoring in economics and accounting, my main interest while finding a summer internship was to acquire corporate experience related to the field of accounting and to learn more about the business aspect of how an organization operates.... [tags: Intern, Internship, Purchase requisition]
1240 words (3.5 pages)
- a. Tell me about yourself. I’m always passionate about business IT and leading edge technology in both enterprise and consumer standpoint so that I decided to major in MIS and computer science. For my internship, I have been an application performance monitoring intern at BCBS, where my responsibilities were handling different sources of data, consolidating the information, analyzing and developing business reports for upper manager. The reason I particularly enjoyed this opportunity is the chance to interact with high volume of data, imply security standards on them and work in an actual team in a real setting.... [tags: Project management, Project, Management, Intern]
807 words (2.3 pages)
- An Intern’s Dilemma Working well with others, especially those in a position of authority is a sought after characteristic for employers. However, disrupting the stagnant norm for good reason is essential for community and business growth, particularly when it concerns ethics. Leaders are created by the hard decisions they make that develops influence over others, regardless of the delegation of power. Describe what Mark Identified as being unethical. Mark was asked by the Asia office executives of a technology company, he desired to intern for, to conduct a project of gathering information on competitors in his area.... [tags: Ethics, Business ethics, Applied ethics, Morality]
1048 words (3 pages)
- Social workers will face ethical dilemmas when working with clients throughout their career. As a social work intern, it is important to understand the ethical standards of the profession in order to make the best possible decision in regards to any dilemma that might be encountered. Relevant to social workers today, especially in regards to working in a school setting with clients who are minors, there seems to be a conflict that exists between the standards of self-determination/confidentiality and professional conduct.... [tags: Ethics, Social work, Risk, Decision making]
1152 words (3.3 pages)
- Pharmacists have very important roles in healthcare from all angles. Physicians and licensed practitioners that write a written prescription, the pharmacist reviews patient history, health conditions, and interactions with the new medication prescribed. As a pharmacy technician (for six years) I had a somewhat of an overview on what they accomplished in a shift but did not know everything on what I know now from this research. Pharmacy students that are in the process to obtain their doctor of pharmacy (D.Pharm.) go through a series of training, education and internship to become a well-rounded pharmacist.... [tags: Career Essays]
611 words (1.7 pages)
- This paper is about a reflection on a class interview for a senior social worker. The teacher gave every student ten minutes for this interview. The students did not have an idea of what their situation was about until couple minutes before the interview. This paper will focus on the limits of confidentiality for the client, potential assessment for the client, engagement with the client, and evaluation of the social worker. Scenario The story was about a social worker intern who was placed at the hospital emergency room.... [tags: Child abuse, Sociology, Social work]
1477 words (4.2 pages)
- My intern consists of eighty hours of side by side with one of the best criminal defense attorneys ever and observations in court settings. It was a pleasure to work side by side with Attorney LeCruise. I was able to use my knowledge from past criminal justice classes and apply it to the best intern I ever did. My day would consist up meeting up with Attorney LeCruise and observe her interactions with her clients. It was a pleasure working with Attorney LeCrusie. This purpose of the paper is explained three main highlights I learned from my intern, my work performance, and my personal benefits.... [tags: Criminal law, Law, Crime, Criminal justice]
1131 words (3.2 pages)
- I Am A Boy 's Id
- Employee Engagement And Communication At The Workplace
- Identification Of A Leader Is One Who Takes Charge And Runs The Show
- The Risk Management Of A Product
- My Writing : Dating Your Writing Insecurities
- The Case Starts Off With Jack Wright Asking John Rock What Mega Corporation 's Process