The profession I have chosen to work in is nursing. This is not a career that one can go into just for the money. There needs to be compassion and concern towards others. I have worked as nurse for the last five years and I know it is the right profession for me. I feel I have the personality and skills that is required to work in this profession. I have chosen to advance my degree in nursing to better myself personally and professionally.
Overview and Education
Working as a registered nurse requires one to be knowledgeable, detail oriented and to be able to work with people. According to O*Net Online, nurses maintain detailed and accurate reports through proper documentation and monitor for symptoms or changes in their patients. Nurses are required to educate their patients and be advocates for their patient. Nurses cannot be judgmental and need to be able to accept that the patient has the right to choose what medications or treatments they will have. All nurses are required to work with a team. This team can consist of other nurses, doctors, nursing assistants, therapists, dieticians and social workers.
An RN must be licensed in the state that they will working in. After completing a nursing program through school a nurse has to take and pass an exam called the NCLEX. An RN can have an associates, bachelors or master’s degree. The Ohio board of nursing is an example of a licensing agency (O*Net Online). Nurses are usually required to be CPR certified and this certification needs to be maintained every two years by taking a class. If there are specific certifications that are required for employment the employer would let the nurse know this upon hire.
Personality Traits and Skills
There are certain skills and pe...
... middle of paper ...
... down which career options I could choose. Career services provides support with job searches, updating my resume and job interview preparation (Career Services for College Students at Kaplan University, 2016). In five years I see myself working in a nursing management position and enrolled in a program to obtain my master’s degree. I think one day I would like being in a role where I can teach other nurses.
I know that I have chosen the right profession for me. I have the required skills and personality traits for this profession. The learning activity completed in unit three only made me believe more that I chose the right career for me. I get great satisfaction from being a nurse and helping others in there time of need. Kaplan has provided me with a great program and a lot of support for me to continue my education so I can complete my career goals.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction The profession I have chosen to work in is nursing. This is not a career that one can go into just for the money. There needs to be compassion and concern towards others. I have worked as nurse for the last five years and I know it is the right profession for me. I feel I have the personality and skills that is required to work in this profession. I have chosen to advance my degree in nursing to better myself personally and professionally. Overview and Education Working as a registered nurse requires one to be knowledgeable, detail oriented and to be able to work with people.... [tags: Nursing, Critical thinking, Registered nurse]
1017 words (2.9 pages)
- Many people have a difficult time making a career choice. Some people enjoy being outside working, while others love to be inside sitting behind a desk or behind a counter. One career that interests me the most is nursing. The particular field of nursing that I am interested in is a registered nurse. There are four important factors to consider when going into the field of nursing: job requirements, level of pay, education, and job availability. One thing to consider when choosing to be a registered nurse as a career is the job requirement.... [tags: Nursing, Registered nurse, Healthcare occupations]
721 words (2.1 pages)
- The career that I choose is registered nurse. The reason why I choose this career it because nurse is like and angle that help painful patients to become relives. Registered nurse’s responsibilities are treating and caring for patients, also include educating patients and the public about a variety of medical conditions, as well as providing emotional support and advice to the families of their patients. (Charter College) Registered nurse typically job duties are record patients’ medical histories and symptoms, administer patients’ medicines and treatments, set up plan for patients’ care or contribute to existing plans, observe patients and record the observations, consult and collaborate w... [tags: Health care, Medicine, Nursing]
786 words (2.2 pages)
- Jimmy Carter once said “I think all Americans believe in human rights and health is an often overlooked aspect of basic human rights.” I 'm here to discuss how the career of a registered nurse can be very significant in our community and society, majority of registered nurses contributes in healing the world through the concept of studying new and advanced improvements in medicine and medical technology, However I always thought that being a registered nurse could help improve the world we live in today through the act of reaching out to those who need help physically, mentally, and emotionally.... [tags: Nursing, Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Nurse]
1668 words (4.8 pages)
- When it comes to choosing which nursing careers to pick from, there are many of them. In fact there are about twenty-five different kind of nursing careers to choose form. Example of those are; Licensed practical nurse (LPN), Nurse practitioner (NP), Intensive care unit (ICU) nurse etc. The kind of nursing career that I would like to do some day is a Registered Nurse. A registered nurse is someone who works as part of a team of physicians, therapists, practitioners LPNs and other health care professionals to provide care to the patients.... [tags: Health care, Nursing, Health care provider]
972 words (2.8 pages)
- There will always be a need for registered nurses in the medical industry, as nurses will always try to meet the health needs of individuals. The health industry in Canada is enormous and requires the aid of numerous amounts of nurses throughout the nation. This career requires patience and determination in order to be successful on the job. The career of a registered nurse will provide me with the satisfaction of knowing that I am able to assist an individual with the revitalization of their health.... [tags: ]
1356 words (3.9 pages)
- A Registered Nurse is a person who enjoys helping other people. They practically have the responsibility for many peoples lives. What’s interesting about a Registered Nurse is that they get to learn about all the parts of the human body. A Registered Nurse works in the medical field and needs to be ready with anything that comes their way. There could be a sudden death, some kind of medical issue that pops up, and even a patient just falls over and hurt themselves. As a Registered Nurse they need to be able to deal with blood, snot, vomit etc.... [tags: monitoring patients, fun job]
941 words (2.7 pages)
- “ People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel”- Maya Angelou. The career I chose was registered nurse. I chose this career because it’s something I have always wanted to do even when I was little I wanted to be a nurse so it just stuck with me. Another reason why I am so interested in this career is because I love helping others and I see this career as a way for me to help a lot of people. In this speech i will be outlining the job description, preparation and some advantages and disadvantages of having a career as a registered nurse.... [tags: Nursing, Bachelor of Science in Nursing]
1186 words (3.4 pages)
- “Being a nurse means that an individual will never be bored, always frustrated, be surrounded by challenges, will carry immense responsibility and little authority. They do make a difference, some will bless you, cure you. They see people at their worst and at their best, they never cease to be amazed at people’s capacity for love, courage, and endurance. They see life begin and also end, they have experience resounding triumphs and devastating failures. They cry alot and they laugh alot, they have the most rewarding job in the world” (“nursebuff”).... [tags: health, nursing programs]
994 words (2.8 pages)
- The one career that is passionate about helping people is a Registered Nurse. Nurses have a lot of task to attend to throughout the day, but they always make sure the patient is take care of. This would require a lot of time and effort. Some people might say that the money is worth it. There are many reasons a person would want to become a Registered Nurse, but they do not know how serious this particular job really is. Nursing started with the publication on the book called The Life and Adventures of Martin Chuzzlewit in 1844.... [tags: health care, history, ]
904 words (2.6 pages)