This paper is an over view of my profession and future Degree in my Bachelors of Science in Health Care Administration. I would like to use my degree to work in Employment services management, and I would like to work in the hospital as well. To learn about my future career in Health Care Administration I researched different aspects of my degree. Most of the information I found was very informative. I learned about how my personality fits with my career as well I also went to the Kaplan University Career Services. I researched How much is my future profession growing, how much money is the median for the state I live in and the hospital I plan to work in. I got a good over view of what my life should be looking like in five years. Most of my research I found was on this web site http://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/medical-and-health-services-managers.htm
The educational requirements for my career as a health service Manager is at least a bachelor’s degree but more commonly is a master’s degree and less than 5 years’ experience. Some relevant certifications for my future profession are the Professional Association of Health Care office management and American Health Information Management Association. Even though it is not required to have these certifications I want to obtain these certifications. Most states require specific licensing, to complete a training program that is state-approved. Health administration or health information management usually includes courses in health services management, strategic planning, accounting and budgeting, human resources administration, law and ethics, health economics, and health information systems.
In our unit 3 line up we lea...
... middle of paper ...
...pe to be a Practice manager in Sports medicine at UConn Health. I have been a clinical office assistant for two years and a medical assistant for five years. By working in both professions, I learned a lot about myself and where I want to be in the medical field. I am more interested in the admissions part of the medical practices rather than the clinical side. I am good with people and billing and coding but at the same time familiar with anatomy. Five years from now I should be graduating with my Bachelors of Science in Health Care Administration. In my research, I learned that the median pay is around $94,500.00 in 2015 which varies in each state. I will have 7 plus years of experience in five years which will be enough time to obtain all the skills I will need to be a successful Practice Manager. This is a growing career that I am very excited to be a part of.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Health Service Management Career Zeinab Bazzi Baker College Health Service Administration Career Health service manager is a post that relates to the management of the financial matters of the health care in a particular area or a particular program. Financial management is a phenomenon that is important to be dealt with care and it includes almost every field of this planet earth as the world revolves around Money. Their importance is growing everyday especially in the light of economic depression in 2008 and its adversary over the health care sector.... [tags: Health care, Economics, Health, Healthcare]
1294 words (3.7 pages)
- Why Study Public Administration. The role of a public administration demonstrates the government and self-government in its new political and economical conditions. The primary focus of public administration solely relies on providing public services but not limited to traditional services such as health care, transport services and municipal. In the realm of public administration, there are many challenges and complex issues that are faced on a daily basis and perhaps sometimes longer. Studying public administration provides numerous avenues towards transforming and implementing change.... [tags: Public administration, Government]
838 words (2.4 pages)
- Medical and health service managers, also known as healthcare executives or healthcare administrators, are responsible for planning, directing and supervising the delivery of healthcare. Typically, they are specialists who supervise a specific clinical department or they are generalists who oversee an entire facility. The healthcare business is rapidly evolving and expanding, so medical and health service managers must be prepared to handle the integration of healthcare delivery systems, technological innovations, restructuring of work and an increased focus on preventative care.... [tags: Health care, Health economics, Medicine]
727 words (2.1 pages)
- Health care institutions are bound to fail without the leadership of skilled and educated Health Care Administrators, also referred to as Chief Executive Officers (CEOs). Whatever types of health intuition, whether mental health facilities, hospitals, private or practice facilities or even a dentist’s office. They all must have an educated, effective and skilled administrator who is capable of leading a fully operational staff and facility. Health care administration is a very complex career field.... [tags: health insitution, health industry, management]
966 words (2.8 pages)
- The fire service has many years of traditions. Many of those traditions are good. However, some of those traditions are hurting and in some cases lead to the death of fire fighters. After finishing my research paper, I hope brings to attention that changes are needed in the fire service. The audience I am reaching out to are my fell fire fighters and fire administration. After reading, will look at current policies and procedures, and fire tactics on the fire ground. Fire administration will take the appropriate action to make the fire service more discipline.... [tags: emergency, safety, on-duty deaths]
529 words (1.5 pages)
- Outlining Your Profession Medical and health services manager is the chosen career that I am pursuing. I will go into details of what a medical and health services manager does and the education requirements that is needed. Then I will talk about my career goals and how Kaplan University career services can aide me in achieving my goals. Medical and health services managers, also called healthcare executives or healthcare administration, plans, direct, and coordinate medical and health service.... [tags: Medicine, Health care, Health, Health economics]
712 words (2 pages)
- ... In government some other thing must be studied in order to be performed well in the society.Some other country were struggling against the change on government.On the other country there was no struggle and there was employment for everybody,with the liberal principlees of government and methods of administration.The most focus issues: management practices and problems. Through the academic programs and research activities,the discipline seeks to develop a new career of professional,effective and efficient managers critical to the transformation of the South African public and non-governmental sector.Discipline seeks to provide management training in the public sector and non-governmenta... [tags: service delivery from government]
2540 words (7.3 pages)
- Health care administrators or health service managers plan, instructor, organize medical health services in hospital, clinics, managed care organizations, and other organizations that are similar (www.mynextmove.org). as a HCA one can recruit, hire, and train new employees, delegate and evaluate the work of employees, also create and maintain new electronic systems to make work more productive and organized. The educational requirements for Healthcare administration is a Bachelor of Science, which prepares you to obtain an entry level supervisory role in a health care organization (kaplan university).... [tags: Health care, Management, Healthcare, Health]
746 words (2.1 pages)
- Why choose Healthcare Administration for a field of study. Healthcare administrators are leaders, also known as health service managers or healthcare executives. Responsible for coordinating, planning, directing health and medical services. Health administration is a wonderful and rewarding career due to the benefits, nonetheless there’s an excursion involved while training and striving for the degree. There are many responsibilities required of healthcare administrators. For instance, understanding and researching laws and regulations involved with healthcare, the head of the facility or department when speaking on public and financial issues, the facilities financial manager helping to ou... [tags: Healthcare, Health care, Health economics]
723 words (2.1 pages)
- My chosen profession is Healthcare Administration. Healthcare Administrators plan, direct, and coordinate health and medical services in many organizations. They are responsible for administering the financials, managing personnel, maintaining boards, analyzing facility activities, and planning programs (11-9111.00 - Medical and Health Services Managers, n.d.). Depending on specific occupation acquired, several different softwares can be learned. Skills such as administration, customer service, human resources, and accounting are imperative for this career as interacting with people is the majority of this job.... [tags: Medicine, Health care, Health economics]
1110 words (3.2 pages)