A career choice can be a hard thing to decide on, it takes time and for one to go through experiences of life that shape up what you eventually end up choosing. Most of us are afraid of committing to something that you might eventually not like, when you choose a career path and go all in with it, you must do it with no hesitation. After different going through different phases of my life I’ve finally settle down for something I am passionate about, a career in health care management. It was not my first career choice when I started college, I came to USF wanting to be an accountant, as time went by I knew that I didn’t have any passion for what I was doing. I started to gain an interest for a career in the health care field after doing some research into it. What I love most about this career is the importance of it, having to run an effective facility that helps people and can make a difference in someone’s life.
About the Profession
The health care industry is amongst the most in-demand professions. To learn a little bit more about the profession, we first must see how the outlook of it is. According to the federal bureau of labor statistics it projects careers in the health administration field to grow 22% nationally from 2010 to 2020, which is above the 14% for all occupations. What these numbers reflect is the immense growth that this career provides. The U.S. population is aging, meaning that more nurses and doctors will be needed to help aide those people. Therefore, more health care administrators are going to be in demand to help manage the facilities and healthcare professionals. The outlook of the profession looks bright and there will be plenty of opportunities in the near future, but what exactly does ...
... middle of paper ...
...tion of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME), being accredited open many doors since it is widely recognized. The pre-requisites for this program are a bit different in the sense that you take the 6 credit hours required of pre-reqs after you are admitted into program. The only issue I’ve encounter with this program is the distance and how to be able to make it while still living in Tampa. If I end up getting accepted into this program it would probably mean a relocation into a new city. It would be a drastic change but it would be made a little bit easier since you must have a paid internship through the program completion. The purpose of this program is to prepare students to function in a variety of managerial and supervisory health care environments. As far as certifications go, it is mainly optional depending on the health administrator goals and preference.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Psychology is the study of the human mind and its functions. I am interested in psychology because I think it is fascinating how people’s minds work and how they are affected by different things. It is also kind of interesting to try and understand how people think. I already knew that psychologist have their own area where they work and that it not a really hectic environment. I hope to learn if the job is stressful and requires a lot of work outside the scheduled work hours. I set up an interview with Dr.... [tags: Career Essays]
1064 words (3 pages)
- The career that I have chosen for my future is to become a dentist. Become a dentist is one of my biggest dreams, because is something that I always wanted to be since I was a child. There are a lot of advantages of becoming a dentist that I really love about this career. Firstly there are a lot of opportunities of getting a good job, also be able to help others with their dental care, earn good money, and have a flexible schedule. Become a dentists is something that I really want, because it can give me a lot of opportunities that I really want to have in a career.... [tags: Career Goals]
477 words (1.4 pages)
- Career as Lawyer Description: Career as a lawyer is very respectful as they serve to maintain the law and order. They are responsible for providing justice to the innocent and punishment to the offenders. Career as Lawyer on one side is challenging and risky but on the other side, it is prestigious and honorable as well. Key words: Career as Lawyer, Career as a Lawyer, Lawyers Career, Lawyer’s Career, Lawyer Career, Career of Lawyers, Career of a Lawyer, Career of the Lawyer, Lawyer as a Career, Lawyer as Career, A Lawyer, Lawyer, Lawyers, Lawyer as one Career, Career – Lawyer, A Lawyers Career Career as Lawyer Synopsis: 1. Introduction 2. Tasks 3. Educational Qualifications 4. Interper... [tags: Career Description]
967 words (2.8 pages)
- When people ask me what do I want to do as a career, I respond with I want to become an engineer. People are in shock when they hear that because engineering is a hard and challenging career. It includes a mixture of subjects such as science, English, and a strong foundation of mathematics. Engineering also includes an imagination because the engineer will have to invent objects used for everyday life or improve already used objects to improve the environment for people. Students are not openly exposed to engineering at an early stage, which affects the engineering field.... [tags: Career Essays]
1432 words (4.1 pages)
- The purpose of this paper is to gather all the strategies needed to be the best I can be in the future, as a professional. I will express all of my personal goals that I will strive to achieve during college. This paper will serve as a road map to my career path, and will help me better understand the job market. Currently my major is in the college of Kinesiology. The reason I have chosen kinesiology is because I am fascinated with the human body, and learning how to take care of it while it is in motion.... [tags: Career Essays]
1554 words (4.4 pages)
- Nursing is defined as “as an application of scientific knowledge enhanced by artful practice in a socially responsible manner.” (Gregory 5). Nurses provide leadership as members of interdisciplinary teams, provide client centered care to promote health, prevent disease, and restore and maintain client integrity throughout the life span. (Krannich 71). This makes it one of the most interesting professions, in my opinion. General Qualifications for becoming a nurse, according to Regina Ranburn, include: “Compassion, caring for others, selflessness, love for humanity, and desire to help others” (1).... [tags: A Nursing Career]
1573 words (4.5 pages)
- Career Interest Deciding on a career has been a challenge. My first career interest was to be a physical therapist. As a child I would look at my mother-nursing textbook was intrigued by the muscular and skeletal systems The most intriguing part was how muscles, tendons, and ligaments all work to attach themselves to our skeletal system to create motion. My second career interesteas in mass communications. After only one semester I realized that I had no real desire to pursue a career in this field.... [tags: Career Search]
1857 words (5.3 pages)
- Career Passports and Career Portfolios Portfolios have long been used in some professions to showcase professional work and skill. In education, portfolios have also been used for assessment, including self-assessment (Lankes 1995; Pond et al. 1998). Both career portfolios and career passports reflect this dual focus—students assess themselves in the process of developing a product, and the resulting product showcases and documents their experiences and skills. A distinction is sometimes drawn between a portfolio as developmental and a passport as summative (Bridging the Gap 1993).... [tags: Career Passports Portfolios Essays]
1831 words (5.2 pages)
- The career services professional supports the educational mission of a college by assisting students to develop, evaluate, and pursue career aspirations with the goal of securing employment. Career services professionals accomplish these goals with a range of programs, counseling and services designed to help students make the connection between the academic environment and the workplace. Career Counseling, or Career Services depending on the institution, is frequently offered on a one-on-one basis, but at times this service is provided through group workshops, classes, or computerized guidance systems.... [tags: Career Goals]
1568 words (4.5 pages)
- Economics is the term used to describe the production, distribution, and consumption of goods and services. In addition, economics is the study of scarcity, Our economy is important because it gives us an opportunity to understand better, how business, society, and the world are doing overall financially. Our economy as it stands now is barely standing. The government is in debt by trillions, and furthermore, This means an increased competitive job market. However, one needs to consider many different factors when choosing a career to give them the best chance of being happy and fulfilled.... [tags: Career Research ]
1868 words (5.3 pages)