In less than two months I spent about one thousand-eight hundred dollars on my old car. I had to change the battery, the transmission of the car, and buy new sets of tires for the car. The car battery gave out and I had to purchase a new one at “Auto Zone” for eighty dollars. There were better batteries available, but I did not buy them because I was saving money for my school tuition and spending almost two-hundred dollars on a battery did not seem like a good idea especially because I had an old car. After fixing the battery the transmission of the car broke down and I ...
... middle of paper ...
...my parents were going to help me with my new car and instead of paying about eight-hundred dollars I would only be paying four-hundred and fifty a month.
Buying a new car is a big responsibility because you have to get a loan from the bank for thousands of dollars. For a young adult buying a car is a big step into growing up because after a car the next step is buying a house or renting an apartment. I made the right choice by selling my old car because now I do not have to deal with the headaches or fear of my car breaking down on my way to work or school. I stand by my decision knowing that my car will last me many years to come. Also, my mom loves driving my car and occasionally we would switch cars during the week. Her car is a little old and driving it around worries me about breaking down on me, but seeing how happy she driving my car makes it all worth it.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Natalle Chan (20621216) Dr. Boba Samuels ENGL 109 Wednesday, March 9, 2016 (Title) Often the only time many families will rent a car is for travelling purposes. Even those who own expensive cars may find that renting a car is a better option for them. There are several reasons people rent a car for example, when going on a vacation, people prefer renting a car so they do not have to rely on public transportation. As well, for special occasions such as reunions, high school graduations, and anniversaries it is nice to rent a luxurious car or limo.... [tags: Car rental companies, Car rental]
1364 words (3.9 pages)
- The AVIS car rental company uses humour in their commercials to attract people towards their product however it also uses human traits such as anthropomorphism and personification to do so. This also causes people to feel bad or have second thoughts about their old sold cars. Specifically it gives humane traits such as adultery, and sadness. The goal is to attract people towards their product with humour. However some people take it seriously or it gets into their head which causes them to feel bad about their old sold cars.... [tags: Car rental companies, Car rental]
968 words (2.8 pages)
- Keeping a car clean and washing it on a regular basis is important, but to keep a car looking show case nice, you need to wax and polish it every few months. Sure everyone can have a clean car, but what really makes it stand out will be the shine it will have after a good touch up and giving it that new-car look back to it. There is a saying that goes like this “a car is only as clean as the owner”, so why not make a good first impression pulling up to a scene and showing off that hard earned money invested into a luxury ride.... [tags: wax, polish, clean car]
840 words (2.4 pages)
- ... A parent, for example, would be interested in a lot of room and a lot of safety features for their families. That in mind, they might look for a Honda Pilot or a Dodge Caravan. After figuring out the type of vehicle you want, you must set a budget for yourself. This will help you get a good deal that doesn’t cost more than what you’re willing to spend. Buying a car that is used usually works in the buyer’s favor because you don’t need monthly or bi-weekly payments, there is variety, and the price can usually be negotiable.... [tags: dealer, buying a new car]
918 words (2.6 pages)
- New Hampshire Car Insurance Searching for cheap car insurance in New Hampshire. The “Live free or die” State is actually one of the two States that don’t have any mandatory auto liability coverage for their motorists. But it doesn’t mean that you wouldn’t get one. Regardless if it’s required or not, insuring your vehicle is important to protect you from financial constraints when car accident happens. For people in New Hampshire who plan to purchase car insurance, there are many ways on how to get the best coverage at the lowest possible rate.... [tags: Motorcyclists, Car Owners]
949 words (2.7 pages)
- Many industry analysts say that consumers may see level four autonomous driving capable cars starting as early as 2020, with level five, fully autonomous vehicles arriving starting 2025 [2,4]. If that is the case, does that mean that by 2020, we will all be able to purchase a level five fully automated car. Unfortunately, this is likely not the case. Many analysts oppose these predictions and believe that truly functional and reliable driverless vehicles won’t appear until decades later . The common misconception is that any car that can drive itself is considered fully autonomous, but that is simply not true.... [tags: Automobile, Driverless car, Vehicle, Walking]
1766 words (5 pages)
- Google’s driverless car; are they the future, technologies most recent trumpet, world’s next thing or the latest catastrophe, next failure, biggest let down yet. Google has produce multiple products over the years that were successful and some that lack success. The latest product their trying to liftoff is the Google Car. A driverless car that can rely on their sensors and software to drive themselves. The idea of a car that drives without a driver is by far interesting, but is it good to have a person life in the hands of a machine.... [tags: Driverless car, Personal rapid transit]
1319 words (3.8 pages)
- Safety and the Concept Car An area of significant importance in the world of concept design, is the improvement and understanding of how vehicles can be made safe and harmless to the environment we live in. In recent years the worlds population has become aware of the devastating effects our lifestyles are having on our planets resources, and naturally our transportation has been held responsible for some of these problems. This topic has therefore become one of great interest to the creators of new concept cars, giving designers the opportunity to materialise ideas which really could change the world.... [tags: Experimental Safety Vehicles, Car Production]
1071 words (3.1 pages)
- Physics of a Car The average driver doesn’t think about what keeps their car moving or what keeps them on the road, but that’s because they don’t have to. The average driver doesn’t have to worry about having enough downforce to keep them on the road or if they will reach the adhesive limit of their car’s tires around a turn. These are the things are the car designers, professional drivers, racing pit crews, serious sports car owners, and physicist think about. Physics are an important part of every sports and racing car design.... [tags: Physics Car Driving machine Essays]
1540 words (4.4 pages)
- For my reading assignment I read “Car Trouble” by Jeanne Duprau. The story takes place in many cities in the United States. Some are real places like Richmond, Virginia, St. Louis, Missouri, and Los Angeles, California. The book also has some fictional towns like Sunville, New Mexico, a town built completely off of solar power and other natural resources. There are many more real and fake cities throughout the story, but the ones mentioned are the most written about and most important to the story.... [tags: Book Analysis Duprau Car Trouble]
1598 words (4.6 pages)
- Women 's Rights And Gender Equality
- Greed And The Great Gatsby By F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Juvenile Delinquency Is A Considerable Problem Within The United States
- Money Can 't Buy You Happiness
- The Empire Of Rome
- Thermal Remediation Of Contaminated Soil And How Heat Plays A Vital Role On The Transport And Removal Of Contaminants