School was getting out and all my friends talked about their summer plans. I never got excited because I knew most of my summer would be consumed at my dad’s law firm doing whatever job he asked of me. None of which seemed important, it was obviously busy work.
My parents believed that teenagers should be kept busy and with adult supervision at all times. They allowed friends to spend the night at my house on the weekends, but they only allow me to go to friends if they met and talked to the other parents about every tiny detail of our plans. When I protested to them being so involved, my dad replied with, “...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Led Zeppelin's Houses of the Holy Led Zeppelin is arguably one of the best rock n’ roll bands of all time. They were collectively some of the best musicians ever to play rock n’ roll music, and were also great lyricists. Robert Plant (the lead vocalist) was quoted as saying that for some of the songs that he wrote, he felt that someone pushed the pen for him. Whether some mysterious force was moving his hand or not, one things for sure, Led Zeppelin wrote some timeless masterpieces of music. They were formed from the ashes of British blues-rockers the Yardbirds.... [tags: Led Zeppelin Rock N' Roll Bands Essays]
5007 words (14.3 pages)
- The Police were a three part band composed of Andy Summers the guitarist, Steward Copeland the drummer and Gordon Mathew Sumner the bass guitarist and singer. Before the band was formed Steward Copeland was part of the band Curved Air. In 1976 the band disbanded leaving Copeland without a job, or passion. Copeland yearned to join another band and reunite music with his life; coincidently he and Gordon met up at a local jazz club and appreciated each other enough to start a band. Soon after the two of them released their first song “Fall Out”, the two of them invited a Henry Padovani to join the band, who gladly accepted [why?]. In 1977 the three of them quietly toured with Mike Howlett as a... [tags: curved air, band]
1412 words (4 pages)
- Did you know there are thousands of jobs for a mechanical engineer, and the career will be unhurt by the struggling of the economy. There are many tasks a mechanical engineer is faced with on a daily basis. A mechanical engineer must have several qualities to make the work enjoyable for themselves and others. A mechanical engineer must be well qualified in their education to receive a job, as it is a broad industry. With having a job or career as a mechanical engineer you rarely have to worry if your job is going to exist the next day, or if your pay is going to get cut; a mechanical engineer is needed everywhere.... [tags: Career Research, Career Plan]
2114 words (6 pages)
- One career that has interested me is that of an anesthesiologist, a specialist whose main duty is to “plan, perform, and maintain a patient’s anesthesia during surgical, obstetric, or other medical procedures” (Hayes, 17). This means that an anesthesiologist must review a patient’s medical history in order to select the best drug to administer before the patient undergoes a medical procedure. The patient is numbed by the anesthetic administered by the anesthesiologist, and he must act as a caretaker for the patient as the procedure goes on.... [tags: Career Essays]
1119 words (3.2 pages)
- Career Project Growing up, I was told many, many times that a great career choice for me would be to become a lawyer. Whether it was my public speaking skills, opinionated attitude, or self confidence, it seemed obvious that I would have much success as a lawyer. It always seemed to be an attractive idea, seeing as there are multiple lawyers in my family and quite honestly the money earned as a lawyer caught my eye. Lawyers are now and have been for a long time a basic necessity of society. This project allowed me to further explore the career, and helped me get a grasp on whether or not it would be a good choice for me.... [tags: Career Goals]
1029 words (2.9 pages)
- Sitting peacefully on the Pier, I am reminded of childhood summers. Not too far off the sound of water trickling over the dam almost puts me into what seems like an endless daydream, only coming back to reality by a fish breaking the water. The reflections of the sun dances on the water as the ripples expand like sound waves over the surface. A nice cool breeze blows through the flowers behind me, bringing a sweet aroma to my senses. This induced the birds to sing back and forth like on those tranquil Sounds of Nature CD’s.... [tags: childhood,]
538 words (1.5 pages)
- A Summer Love William Shakespeare wrote about many people, places, and things throughout his life. What he might be most remembered for are his writings about love. None might be better than his sonnet 18. Shakespeare uses imagery, personification, unusual techniques and remarkable feelings in this declaration. Few have matched such a task including himself. This short sonnet number 18 is one of the best known and most loved of all 154 poems. Mabillard states that “It is also one of the most straightforward in language and intent” (Mabillard).... [tags: essays research papers fc]
1178 words (3.4 pages)
- Led Zeppelin Led Zeppelin were never afraid to try new musical directions, drawing inspiration from such styles as blues, rock, folk, country (and everything in between!) to create a unique sound that almost defies description, probably the most appropriate way to describe their vast repertoire is simply as "Led Zeppelin". During their reign they created one of the most enduring and diverse catalogues in modern music and firmly secured their status as one of the most influential groups ever (probably second only to The Beatles!).... [tags: Papers]
1453 words (4.2 pages)
- Led Zeppelin Led Zeppelin was one of the giants of the 1970’s in hard rock. They were also one of the greatest success stories that ever played hard rock music. The group was one the more popular hard rock groups that performed in the seventies, and even had some hits in the 1960’s. The members of the group are Jimmy Page, born on April 9, 1944, Robert Plant, born on August 24, 1948, John Paul Jones, born on January 3, 1946, and John Bonham born on May 31, 1948. Jimmy Page played guitar, Robert Plant was the vocalist, John Paul Jones played bass guitar and the keyboard, and John Bonham beat the drums.... [tags: essays research papers]
901 words (2.6 pages)
- My Career I do not know that anyone chooses a career in life. It seems that fate or certain outside forces influences the decisions you make in life. These forces change your life from one career to the next until you end up in your retirement years looking back on your life thinking of the “what ifs." I guess I have to open the topic of my paper “My Career” with me in my teens because my life has turned direction several times since then. Originally I had my heart set on a football career. I was fairly good at it playing both offensive and defensive positions.... [tags: Personal Narrative Careers Essays]
1753 words (5 pages)