I have lived with my grandparents my whole life and supposedly my mom was around for almost a year but of course I wouldn’t remember. My grandparents are very nice, they love me, and take very good care of me but I get lonely from time to time when they are at work and I’m not in school. They make good money so that I can go to a really nice school and they got a cat named Charley for me to keep me company. He is my best friend.
My birthday is next month and I am going to be thirteen! I am not able to do much for my birthday this year because of the war going on around us. The destruction makes me so sad. Where we live isn’t really ruined because of where we are located but that doesn’t mean we don’t see other places that get destroyed. For example, our county’s library was torn to pieces so we can’t go there for a while.
My grandparents have told me very little about my parents but not much and when I ask it is always the same answer. They tell me my dad doesn’t know I exist and to be honest my mom wasn’t so sure who my father really was any ways. What they don’t tell me is the real reason my mom left me with my grandparents. My grandma always says the usual, “She wanted you to have a better life than she could have given you.” Of course I get that but it doesn’t mean I don’t want to know what she is up to that she can’t provide for me.
On a normal day when I get home from school I am by myself so I read books and look out a window to see what is going on outside. Charley and I will cuddle and play for a little bit too. There are days where I do things I am not supposed to but I am twelve years old, I get bored!
There is one day that I was doing a little digging around in my grandparents’ files and papers, mostly bills, tha...
... middle of paper ...
...ngry, it made sense. I just wish she would have chosen to live a different life style so that I could have a mom, someone to be close to. I told my grandma and grandpa I understood why she did what she did. “You guys know I love you and appreciate everything you do for me, I don’t take anything for granted. I just wish you would have told me the real reason sooner.
From then on whenever my mom sent mail my grandparents always let me read what she sent. It was still comforting to hear from her and know she is okay. Sometimes she sends pictures of the circus for us to see some of the animals and people. It is crazy stuff! I hope to one day meet her in person and talk to her. She has to have a ton of crazy, fun stories being in a circus and all. Grandma Judy and I have talked about maybe even going and seeing her circus when I am older to see what all the fuss is about.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Teens always believes / believed that our moms want us to be looked up at home . That 's not always the case . Wanting to go to my best friend 's birthday party , I did all my chores that were assigned to me and I was on my best behavior . I did all my duties , so my mom would give me permission to go out that Saturday night . Once I had finished everything I had to do , I had gone up to my room . I called my best friend and we started to talk about how amazing the party was going to be , how all the people we liked were going to be there , and how great the night was going to be if I would go .... [tags: English-language films, Question, Mother, Parent]
1009 words (2.9 pages)
- "Now!" she whispered into the phone, and that was my signal. There was no going back at this point, I couldn 't. I didn 't want to be a "party pooper" the night before my best friend 's fifteenth birthday. So I went on with the plan. I flushed the toilet just like we had talked about, and at that same moment she started her mom 's car. I peered around and glanced into her mom 's room and immediately let out a sigh of relief as a result of seeing her mom sound asleep in her bed. "Thank goodness for Nyquil!" I thought to myself, noticing that her mom did not wake up after such a loud noise that we had just caused.... [tags: Thought, English-language films, Idea]
1179 words (3.4 pages)
- The Birthday Nightmare - Original Writing It was the misty morning of Charl's 21st birthday. Herself, her partner and her best friend were preparing to travel from dull-skied Trenton, their hometown in New Jersey to Glamorous New York to celebrate Charl's birthday. Her best friend Sarah was to drive the kitted out van and her partner Leone was to accompany Charl on their first travel from the time when they were at college. Now geared up, they set off to New York. The Dodge Durango STL was travelling down the B849 at a steady speed as Leone luckily escaped a fatal car crash when he was 11, so he was slightly uncomfortable about travelling on reasonably sized jo... [tags: Papers]
879 words (2.5 pages)
- For as long as I could remember I always wanted to be a comedian and bring joy and laughter to my friends and family. I was so set on becoming a comedian that for my fifth birthday my parents surprised me with a trip to an open mic night just for kids. I finally had the chance to make people other than my family laugh at my not so funny jokes. By age six I had a small following of neighborhood kids that would pay twenty-five cents to come see me perform in my basement on Friday nights. After discovering the late show one night, I decided to start having guest appearances during my weekly shows; those shows cost fifty cents.... [tags: High school, Mother, Family, Father]
1839 words (5.3 pages)
- ... He had started to pull my bag; Sarah pounced on him giving him a strong slap on his left cheek. This did not solve the problem at hand, but made him more furious threatening to kill both of us. This was the defining moment that I realized friendship is more than just lending an ear; Sarah gave out her brand new Ipad in order to salvage the escalating situation. No matter the situation, it seemed that she had a predetermined solution to it. Once while confiding to her, she gave me the slogan that in life, you either give up or give in and no matter how hard it will be, try not to give in.... [tags: personal narrative]
1365 words (3.9 pages)
- One the first Friday of April I attend my boyfriend’s birthday celebration with his five of his closest friends at bar and grill called Smokey Bones. We all ordered drinks, and begun casual conservation. Of course, when the food arrives, everyone has a buzz on. When they had seen that I had a plate of steamed broccoli in front of me, eyes began to roll. “Yuck is that all you’re eating. I don’t understand how you can eat that cr*p.” my boyfriend’s best friend. “It’s not cr*p, I eat it because I know things about “food” that you clearly don’t know.” “You know that you can drag a cow through sh*t, slap it on a grill and he would still eat it without hesitation.” his brother.... [tags: Greenhouse gas, Carbon dioxide, Agriculture, Meat]
1027 words (2.9 pages)
- My Best Friend is Dead I first met Chipper Gleason when I was 5 or 6, when my mother was working with Chipper's mother Sue teaching music lessons in town. The He- Man connection must have been what initially tipped our parents off that we would be good friends. I remember my mom asking me if I wanted to play with this kid who had Castle Greyskull, a large green molded castle that He- Man lived inside of with the other Masters of the Universe. The answer was, of course, "Yes!" and we met one afternoon while both my mom and Sue taught lessons at the Church.... [tags: Friendship Essay Personal Narrative]
5324 words (15.2 pages)
- My family is very different from my best friend Michael’s family in a variety of ways. My parents have been married for over 30 years and Michael’s parents have been divorced since he was 12. Even though Michael’s parents are divorced they sincerely love each other. My parents are together but cannot stand each others. My father has always worked and my mother has always been a housewife. Michael’s mother works and his father stays at home. I grew up with two older brothers; and Michael has two younger sisters.... [tags: Family, Marriage, Parent, Sibling]
1130 words (3.2 pages)
- Roslyn looked at the tower once more. It was tan, with aging stone blocks and dark, forest green vines creeping up from the sides. The top was arched up in an awkward position, curving up then looping down. There were windows, yet they weren't much of a help. The windows were barricaded with gray concrete for some unknown reason. Roslyn felt scared and intimidated. The tower seemed dangerous, much like the ones in Dragonspyre she had seen in her textbooks. "Could Professor Ambrose be conspiring my deathbed.... [tags: Creative Writing Essay]
1588 words (4.5 pages)
- Quinceanera, which is Spanish for Sweet 15, is a very popular celebration in the Spanish community. This is a very special day to both the mother and the daughter. This day signifies the transformation from a little girl to a young lady. It is a way of introducing a new woman to society. Turning 15 is the most important birthday for Spanish communities. Quinceaneras tend to be a big and elegant celebration in which every family member and friends collaborate to give the birthday girl the best party she has ever had.... [tags: Personal Narrative Descriptive]
1632 words (4.7 pages)