Everyone has heard the stereotypes about ...
... middle of paper ...
...The food was my main concern about going to China because I’m a picky eater to begin with. But overall, I found things that I liked and was able to eat, causing the stereotypes about food in China to be completely different from what I experienced.
Traveling to China and realizing that stereotypes are not always true but are giving people and places bad reputations. I was not expecting to have the wonderful experience in China but I did. China is so different from home but I can still see similarities. Coming from a huge Irish family in Pennsylvania, you would never expect to connect with people from China, but that’s exactly what happened for me. I learned so much and I would love to go back to China and visit the friends I made. The most important thing that I learned from this experience is to not judge and believe stereotypes when your only know the single story.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Salaries for high School teachers with 15 years of experience and the minimum level of education and training required to be certified exceeded $40,000 in Denmark, Germany, Japan, and the Netherlands and exceeded $60,000 in Switzerland. The comparable salary for the United States was $35,000. With statistics like this, people wonder why anyone would want to be a teacher. Teaching isn’t for everyone. I personally tell people “you don’t understand why people would want to teach, unless you want to teach”.... [tags: Teacher, Education, School, High school]
1274 words (3.6 pages)
- In the beginning of my junior year of high school, one of my close friends told me she was getting confirmed at church next Sunday, completely clueless I only nodded in agreement and said that was great. When we arrived home I asked my mom what confirmation was, and she explained to me that it was the next step, or Sacrament, in a Catholic’s life where you confirm the relationship you have and want with God. In the Catholic religion, you are baptized at a young age, most of the time, before you can walk.... [tags: Eucharist, Catholic Church, Sacrament]
1008 words (2.9 pages)
- Mr. DeLeon Take as a Sponsor Teachers are already busy in a day 's life with grading papers and, making lesson plans and, one on one tutorials and, meetings and, lecturing the same topic more than twice a day. With all the work let alone by being a teacher, many teachers also sponsor after school clubs, organizations, and teams as well. They have no time for themselves or their family. Is sponsoring a group and teaching affecting their personal lives negatively or positively. I decided to interview a teacher at Haltom High School, Mr.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School]
1250 words (3.6 pages)
- N. B. C. The news station interrupted the silence with my mother to announce a report of a breaking news passage. My mom glances at me and starts to say, “I am deeply sorry to tell you, but...” The news reporter interrupted to explain that there was a freak accident on I-75 and that it would be closed down for a few hours. I didn’t understand what was happening until they showed a picture of the people who were in the accident. My mouth instantly dropped when I saw my friend from high school, Liza Angulo.... [tags: Family, Emotion, High School Musical]
1132 words (3.2 pages)
- High School = High Standards High school “Best years of your life”, “Your friends forever”, “you need to make friends”, “sports are for the popular people”. All silly things that people fill one’s head with. For most this is never true. The best thing one can do in high school is please themselves. The worst thing to do in high school is to force yourself to fit in. One’s wants and needs vary from person to person. So just because there is a bigger group that enjoys the opposite of one doesn’t mean that you should conform just to have friends.... [tags: High school, High School Musical, College]
1071 words (3.1 pages)
- In life we encounter many things that can withhold someone from obtain a good education, but in the society we live in today were are giving the tools to make sure the things that withhold us from accomplishing our goal does not hold us completely back. In the education system we live in today we are exposed to so many different types of resources and we can use those tools now to carry our future even farther. Professor Deborah Brandt defines literacy sponsors as “agents, local or distant, concrete or abstract, who enable, support, teach, model, as well as recruit, regulate, suppress, or withhold literacy—and gain advantage by it in some way.... [tags: Education, High school, Middle school]
1536 words (4.4 pages)
- When any adolescent enters High School they are still young and on the search to find themselves. High Schooler’s often make bad decisions, but quickly see that these mistakes there to be learning experiences rather than to dwell on them. Often, for many students, High School does not present an extreme amount of stress, rather it is a a place to learn more about yourself. Once college hits, stress is the only thing on the mind. College students are always worrying about if they did their homework, if they have a big test coming up, if they studied enough, and if they even have enough money to pay their bills.... [tags: High school, College, High School Musical, School]
986 words (2.8 pages)
- High School is the secondary school that is supposed to prepare you for a bigger step in your life, which is attending college, and have a further into your education, but does it actually prepare you for it. High school and college have so many differences. Such as college is far more expensive than high school, the work load is more challenging in college, and for social aspects high school has more of an advantage. High school in my opinion is more “sugar coating” the process you have ahead in life.... [tags: High school, College, Secondary school]
846 words (2.4 pages)
- In 8th grade, Katie VanderEspt chose to arrive an hour earlier in order to take Advanced Geometry at the high school. Although she arrived in my high school class on the first day full of nerves, she quickly demonstrated that not only was she an outstanding mathematics student, but that she would distinguish herself in a room full of exceptional mathematics students. Upon receiving special permission as a sophomore, she took the college level class Math 174 Dual Credit Pre-Calculus through Morehead State University.... [tags: High school, Middle school, Mathematics]
966 words (2.8 pages)
- High School Relations · Get at least 2 new chapters of HEROs started in Georgia high schools and recruit members for the Troup High School chapter. o This can be accomplished by making sure High School Relations committee members’ high schools have potential for starting a new chapter of HEROs or fundraising through already established clubs. It’s best if the committee members high school are actually in Georgia and if they have close relations with a teacher who could serve as a sponsor of the club.... [tags: High school, Academic term, College]
926 words (2.6 pages)