When I left college for the summer last semester, I did not expect or plan for life to turn out the way it did. It was as if I had no control over my own destiny, which if you knew me, you would know that didn’t go over so well. As May turned into June and June turned into July, first semester billing had arrived. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw the statement. I owed six thousand dollars. This was after my scholarships and taking out maximum loans. I could get more if I had my father cosign, but that was not an option either one of us were willing to take. So I informed my dad that maybe it was time for me to consider switching schools. Unfortunately, by the time I arrived at this decision school had already started and my best bet was to take online classes. I hated this option because I didn’t want to stay at the house. That was the same house my mother had passed away in two years prior. So my best friend mom gave me the best solution that I had heard in years. She offered me the chance to move in with her, while I did my schooling for the semester. What I thought was a dream come true, was my own absolute hell.
Right before I moved in some truths, came to light. It turns out that our parents were dating. I was all for it. I truly believed my dad deserved to be happy. We were the only ones who knew about it because they were trying to be sneaky, but I had got a hold of my dads phone one morning when the text came in. It was talking about how last night was great, that they enjoyed kissing each other, and how they still had a smile on their face. I couldn’t tell anyone because he didn’t know I knew and I knew the outcome wo...
... middle of paper ...
...that moment I realized she cared nothing about how many people she hurt. She only cared about if they did exactly what she wanted. That same day I texted my older brothers wife.
I told her everything that had occurred up until that point and asked her to get me the hell out of there. I wasn’t going to tell her mom or my dad when I was leaving or where I was going. I figured since they decided they could make decisions without me, I could make it without them. I talked to my friend and she swore she understood and that she was okay with it. I don’t think she was because lately when I send a text, I get a one word or letter response. I never thought it could happen to me, but it did. In the span of one week, I finished moving in with my best friend, moved out, and lost an almost five year friendship. Every best friends dream had become my living breathing nightmare.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- At birth, everyone receives their ring. Some are already beating; Others take years to start. They hang on a chain that your parents keep until you 're old enough to take care of it yourself, and finally gets placed on your finger when you 've found the one whose heart matches the beat of the ring. My mom kept my ring in her dresser, and sometimes, I would sneak into her room and slip it on my too-small fingers, pressing it into my skin to feel the thump-thump the best I could. Mine began beating, according to my mom, when I was only a few months old.... [tags: English-language films, Finger, Ring finger]
939 words (2.7 pages)
- Dear, Frances O’Roark Dowell, To me, a friend means passion. A friend means forever existing love. A friend means many years of heartfelt times, but also grieving moments. When you just need that shoulder to cry on. Friends, or even more specifically, best friends, share a bond that can never be compared to anything else. It might twist. It might bend. It sometimes might even break, but that is when you separate the real friends, from the fake. A friendship is not a meaning, but a message, that only they can understand.... [tags: Friendship, Love, Interpersonal relationship]
745 words (2.1 pages)
- When I was a kid every weekend was the same, and I thought it would just stay that way. My best friend Tashawna lived across the street with her two brothers and after school on Friday we would go to her house and have a snack and play until her parents sent us outside. Then it was dinner and baths and deciding who’s house we were going to stay at. This Friday we were staying at me house which was my favorite because I got a bed and didn’t have to sleep on the floor since I was the youngest. We watched Nightmare on Elm Street that night, another thing that came with being the youngest; you never get to pick the movie.... [tags: Family, English-language films, Debut albums]
967 words (2.8 pages)
- While I was growing up in South Oak Cliff there are a lot of things that can happen. To me it’s just another day, but for other’s people their just living in a fantasy. The only thing is, not everyone sees a person getting shot in front of them, and especially if that person is your best friend’s dad. Now that is something you won’t see every day, but I’m positive that they’re people who have seen family or close friends taken from them in a blink of an eye. The worst part of seeing family and friends crying is the guilt they have .The terrible thought of my best friend passing dad are is leaving them behind, because they weren’t able to do, or say something before that person was gone, not... [tags: Family, Mother, English-language films]
746 words (2.1 pages)
- Are Lucid Dreams Existent It is said that a lucid dream is a dream that can be induced or controlled and is characterized by the dreamer being aware that he or she is dreaming ( Lucid ). When lucidity occurs, the dreamer “wakes up” inside the dream during fixed states of cognizance. Dreams are caused by things “…our mind knows, however which we cannot handle, is disturbing or something that we keep reiterating to ourselves” ( Ganguly ). This is why distinguishing significant dream symbols from ambient symbols is important for attempting this state.... [tags: Sigmund Freud, Carl Jung, Dream, Unconscious mind]
1521 words (4.3 pages)
- Today, I look back through vague but wonderful memories, memories of childhood, memories my mother and I share. I remember playing games, cards and putting together puzzles which I still have stored in my attic. Did you ever know that "I Love Lucy" reruns were on at 3: 00 a.m.. On occasion I would run downstairs and wake my mom, who already knew that I had had a bad dream, and we 'd watch together. She was very comforting. She showed alot of affection not only for me, but also for my sister. Both of us have experienced the same happiness our mother brought to our lives.... [tags: Mother, 2007 singles, Multiple sclerosis]
805 words (2.3 pages)
- Some of the Characters Contradicts Themselves A Midsummer Night’s Dream is one of Shakespeare’s dramas that explore how love can change people’s behavior. Love can make people get the best of them and also it can force them to act the worst. Lovers sometimes contradict themselves with different situations. Throughout William Shakespeare ‘s play A Midsummer Night’s Dream, it is emphasized that love most of the times is illogic, childish and depends mainly upon looks and attractiveness or upon love potion that charm the eyes, but along the way there are certain contradictions in some of his characters’ behavior while expressing their love towards each other.... [tags: A Midsummer Night's Dream, Love]
1006 words (2.9 pages)
- Shakespeare’s Love Defers Christians Love Love is a feeling that is so powerful and desirable that more frequently than not it is confused for lust. One of the most thorough definitions of love for us as Christians is found in 1 Corinthians 13:4-8, stating that: "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.... [tags: A Midsummer Night's Dream, Love]
997 words (2.8 pages)
- Barbie: Feminism's Best Friend or Worst Enemy Ask any five year old American girl who Barbie is and she will most likely run into her bedroom and grab Barbie off the shelf. She will frill up her mini skirt and try to make her walk in her tiny plastic heels. Excitedly, she will hold her up for you to admire. A tiny miniature woman will stand in front of you, only about six inches tall. Her long blonde hair accents her sparkling blue eyes and huge white smile. Her long plastic legs bend only slightly and her pointy breasts perk out of her hot pink tank top.... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Essays]
918 words (2.6 pages)
- William Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream Shakespeare, in his "A Midsummer Night’s Dream," uses his characters to cast a sense of derision over the use of the imagination. “The lunatic, the lover and the poet” are thrown together all on one line, and it is implied that the latter two are as crazy as the first. (Midsummer Night’s Dream, V.1.7) Despite this seeming scorn for plays and their ilk, Shakespeare is implementing a strong irony. Characters who scorn the imagination are no more than imaginings themselves – and, by this, Shakespeare is actually reinforcing a positive image of plays of the imagination.... [tags: Shakespeare Midsummer Night's Dream Essays]
1287 words (3.7 pages)