When I thought about the LGBT community, I knew that they had to face a problem that I was unfamiliar with. I have always been around people who identified themselves as either gay or lesbian since a younger age, since my first job in which I worked with two gay males. I never saw them as different and treated them as just another normal person. To me it has always been important to respect people regardless of how they identify themselves and it is their life and they are allowed to do whatever makes them happy. One thing I never thought about thought, was to what extent that these individuals were subjected to not only in their normal lives, but their at home lives with immediate family members. I have multiple friends who identify themselves as lesbian or gay, but I have never bothered to truly understand this area of difference between them and I. I came to this realization aft...
... middle of paper ...
...ke any normal club, if anything it was actually more alive and fun than some of the clubs I have been to in my life. Everyone seemed a bit more friendly and open to random conversations and it was a great time. In my head, I came to the conclusion how all these people shared something more than just their love for loud music, dancing, and colorful alcohol. Everyone in the club that night were all part of a community that believed in pursuing their individual happiness, even if it subjected them to hate or confrontation from strangers or loved ones. To me, it was something so vital and shed so much light on the LGBT community itself and why they endured the things they did and fought the battles they did. It was not just a fight for themselves, but for everyone that just wants to have the freedom to do what makes them happy without being ridiculed for their choices.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- It Happened To Me: Every Best Friend 's Dream When I left college for the summer last semester, I did not expect or plan for life to turn out the way it did. It was as if I had no control over my own destiny, which if you knew me, you would know that didn’t go over so well. As May turned into June and June turned into July, first semester billing had arrived. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw the statement. I owed six thousand dollars. This was after my scholarships and taking out maximum loans.... [tags: Mother, Father, Best Friends, A Flock of Seagulls]
1294 words (3.7 pages)
- Nick was the kind of guy who always told you what you needed to hear even if it wasn’t always exactly what you wanted to hear. He was not only my youth pastor, but also one of my best friends. He was the guy that if he said something, you could always count on it to be true. If he said that he was going to do something, he would do it. When I was fourteen years old, I was always going around and doing a lot of things that I knew that I should not have been doing. One day, my friend Devon invited me to church and I didn’t want to come at first but then I decided that I would go anyways.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
577 words (1.6 pages)
- I never thought that I would ever had to attend to a funeral of a close friend. Aaron Smith was only 18 years old and passed away from a tragic automobile accident. He was always a really happy guy and had the biggest smile there could ever be, his smile would make anyone get cheered up. He was about 5 foot 9 inches, light brown skin, and he had a thick body, and black hair. Aaron would always help out a friend in need, even though he had trouble with his divorced parents he wouldn’t let that get him down.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
1268 words (3.6 pages)
- The strangers who you encounter in your life come in many shapes and sizes. The unexpected will always happen at times least expected. Pearls are life’s treasures that remind you what life is all about. I spent two years of my life in a drunken state. Unsure, where I was at in my life at during a point in time when my daughter Emerald needed her mother the most. The bottle with its silver and blue shimmery colors on the label became my twin. That is until I met a man who gave me one of a few pearls in my life.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
910 words (2.6 pages)
- Act 1: A best friend is hard to come by especially one that is loyal and supportive. Marissa was my best friend since the days we ran around pre-school causing trouble. We were one in the same, we were tomboys who loved to play soccer with the boys and hated to wear frilly pink dresses. We had each others back no matter what, well thats what I thought until that cool crisp evening in December. Act2: It was about three days before our schools annual Christmas play and Marissa, myself and two of our other friends, Becca and Vanessa were asked to stay late and finish painting some of the sets.... [tags: Lie, Debut albums, Truth, Question]
1174 words (3.4 pages)
- “A best friend is a person who you value above other friends in your life, someone you have fun with, someone you trust and someone in whom you confide.” -Your Dictionary Ever since I was a kid, I have had one best friend. Being kids we would the normal things any pair of “best friends forever” would do. From crazy stunts, to small arguments (which would lead to big arguments), to always telling each other everything, and always having fun. At the time I couldn 't help but think we were going to be “best friend FOREVER”.... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship]
751 words (2.1 pages)
- Everyone has a childhood best friend, while I have not seen mine in about four years. I have known Jessica Turner since elementary school. Even though we went to different middle schools we still kept in touch by texting or even social media. When I was in high school my sophomore year I was walking to my mom’s work which is by the elementary school I used to go to. For some odd reason I walked in and that is when I saw her, my childhood friend Jessica sitting on a bench. She did not see me so I walked up to her and as soon as I got close to her she looked up and smiled at me and I smiled back.... [tags: High school, Middle school, College, Automobile]
854 words (2.4 pages)
- Man’s Best friend When I was ten years old, I was curious about all categories of animals. Although a majority of children own pets as companions, I could not convince my parents into permitting me to have one. Until one day, my mother arrived home from an exhaustingly long day at work, with an immense smile on her face acting very suspicious. Before I could ask, “Mom what are you up to?” I focused my vision down into her arms. I was in comprehensive wide-ranging astonishment. I felt so extremely blissful, tears started to dominate my expression.... [tags: Mother, Father, Storm, Black-and-white films]
715 words (2 pages)
- I lost my best friend at fourteen years old. A day I will ne’er forget. Nearly every aspect is as fresh as it was the day it occurred. It was a Wednesday and I was visiting my grandmother 's house from school. I remember getting in the car and having an unusual feeling so I thought I had forgotten something in my locker. I brushed the unusual feeling off when I reckoned that I had cleaned it out on Monday. My mom and I are on our way to my grandma 's house and once we arrived to her house I walk over to the door and knock four times.... [tags: Family, Grandparent, English-language films]
1086 words (3.1 pages)
- Dogs are the first domesticated animal, and commonly known as "man's best friend.' Dogs have accompanied humans, and been considered pets, for around 10,000 years. They have been used for working, hunting, but most commonly as a pet. To this day, hundreds of different dog breeds exist, coming in various sizes, colors, and shapes. Although dogs are currently viewed primarily as pets, they have not always been viewed this way and have had an evolution of their own. To fully understand dogs, one must take a look at where dogs came from and how they have evolved.... [tags: gray wolf, pets]
1363 words (3.9 pages)