Essay PreviewMore ↓
When I was fourteen years old, I was always going around and doing a lot of things that I knew that I should not have been doing. One day, my friend Devon invited me to church and I didn’t want to come at first but then I decided that I would go anyways. While I was there, Nick gave a message at church that night that really laid a huge burden on my heart. It was the most meaningful message that I have ever heard. That night I accepted Jesus Christ as my savior and it changed my life. I completely changed almost everything about me. I got back into church and started to act differently and I started talking differently too. The message that Nick gave that night was the best thing that ever could have happened to me.
When I first started going to church I wasn’t that close to him, but I won a competition at church where I got to go to Cedar Point for free and it was not until then that I started to get really close to him. While we were there, I had a lot of fun riding rides and hanging out with people from my youth group. I think that having all that fun and talking the whole day was what really brought us together. Before that trip, I was just a shy kid who did not talk to anybody ever, but afterwards, he helped me come out of my shell a lot and start talking to a lot more people and going places and hanging out with them. I also didn’t like to be active and play sports. He always encouraged me to play and I got a lot better at sports. Now when people hang out to play sports, I don’t just sit there board, I play them and I love sports now. I have a lot more fun than I used to before Nick got me involved in the youth group.
How to Cite this Page
"My Best Friend: My Youth Pastor." 123HelpMe.com. 20 Nov 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I remember an old saying my mother used to tell me, “Never say never”. Is this true. I would have never expected this to be true till something happened to me that changed my life till this very day. Growing up I was oddly very cold hearted. I guess I was never the gurly girl always crying after a finger nail broke or the kind of person that wore her heart on her sleeve. I would always keep things to myself and let it be the day someone saw me cry. Most people just thought I wasn’t human. Crying wasn’t something I was used to but I didn’t know one instance would make me shed oceans.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
1638 words (4.7 pages)
- Surely, everyone is fond of the idea of friendship. In fact, to most people living on this earth believe that friends are the most important part of their lives. There have been lots of sayings, quotes, movies and music about the theme, friendship; and this also impacted many people in the way they see the idea of having friends and that it is worthwhile to have someone to rely on. The importance of friendship cannot just be forgotten like a snap of one’s fingers. It has stuck on to the minds of people through movies, such as ‘Harry Potter’ and TV series, like ‘Friends’.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
1163 words (3.3 pages)
- Friendships are one of the most important things you can get out of life. It’s something that everyone has to have because without it we would all go insane. Just think if no one talked to each other and we never made friends, this world would be a ticking time bomb. Studies say human need friendships and love to survive. So friendship is a big part of your life. There is no real definition of friendship, because there’s no one way you can define it. Friendships can mean many different things, depending on the person.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
859 words (2.5 pages)
- She doesn’t know this, but she changed my life. She was there for me when it seemed like no one else was. When most of my friends were dissolving around me and I just didn’t feel like I could do anything right, she was there, and she made everything seem okay. It didn’t matter that I was inevitably going to graduate with a GPA a tenth of a point lower than I wanted, or that my director told me that he was disappointed in me because I just didn’t seem focused lately, or that my other friends just weren’t talking to me anymore.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
675 words (1.9 pages)
- I never thought that I would ever had to attend to a funeral of a close friend. Aaron Smith was only 18 years old and passed away from a tragic automobile accident. He was always a really happy guy and had the biggest smile there could ever be, his smile would make anyone get cheered up. He was about 5 foot 9 inches, light brown skin, and he had a thick body, and black hair. Aaron would always help out a friend in need, even though he had trouble with his divorced parents he wouldn’t let that get him down.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
1268 words (3.6 pages)
- When I was in the sixth grade, an event happened where I saw who the person I called my best friend really was for the first time. We hope when the people we trust show their true colors those colors are of beautiful vibrancy. Faith and I were best friends since we first met in park league softball when I was in the second grade. Faith and I were constantly getting in trouble for talking during class. She was easy to talk to and there was never a dull moment, but perhaps the main reason I was friends with Faith was because I thought it was better to be friends with Faith then not because then you were her enemy.... [tags: 2007 singles, Debut albums, IPod, Best Friends]
1334 words (3.8 pages)
- It Happened To Me: Every Best Friend 's Dream When I left college for the summer last semester, I did not expect or plan for life to turn out the way it did. It was as if I had no control over my own destiny, which if you knew me, you would know that didn’t go over so well. As May turned into June and June turned into July, first semester billing had arrived. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw the statement. I owed six thousand dollars. This was after my scholarships and taking out maximum loans.... [tags: Mother, Father, Best Friends, A Flock of Seagulls]
1294 words (3.7 pages)
- If someone had asked me several years ago what I wanted to be when I grow up, I would’ve never guessed to be working in Education, much less in teaching. My youth pastor and my grandmother both were significantly influential in the decision process. My youth pastor provided me with opportunities to teach both middle school students and elementary school children in Bible related content plus for our tutoring ministry in school content areas. My grandmother assisted me in overcoming the struggles involved of early teaching, giving critical advice and much needed motivation.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Middle school, School]
803 words (2.3 pages)
- She’s the type of person who’d take walks anywhere. And I mean ANYWHERE, whether it is a park, or even a graveyard. It sort of creeps me out, this new co-worker of mine. But the thought soon shook off me after weI had one brief lunch-break together. I can’t imagine her dressing up in designer clothes and acting like those other posh people back at the office. Her sense of style was not sophisticated but it was respectable and casual. It really did suit her. I guess it’s because she feels comfortable and confident in them, and it shows that too.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
526 words (1.5 pages)
- The strangers who you encounter in your life come in many shapes and sizes. The unexpected will always happen at times least expected. Pearls are life’s treasures that remind you what life is all about. I spent two years of my life in a drunken state. Unsure, where I was at in my life at during a point in time when my daughter Emerald needed her mother the most. The bottle with its silver and blue shimmery colors on the label became my twin. That is until I met a man who gave me one of a few pearls in my life.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
910 words (2.6 pages)
While I was still a new Christian, Nick helped me get over a lot of stuff and stop a lot of bad things that I was doing back then. He showed me a lot of Bible verses that talked about how I should not have been doing a lot of stuff that I was doing and hanging out with people that I should not have been hanging out with because they were a really bad influence on me and talked me into doing a lot of things that I should not have done. He really showed me how to change my life to live for Jesus instead of living it for myself.
Before he left to go to Colorado to start up a church there, I used to hang out with him all of the time. When I found out that he was leaving, I was devastated because it really felt like I had lost my best friend. When he announced that he was leaving, my friends and I would go hang out with him every day for the last couple of months that he was in town. He would always give us advice and set us straight when we were doing something wrong.
Now that he is gone, I still talk to him a lot by texting him and stuff like that but not as much as I used to. I am pretty close to my new youth pastor now but not as close as I was to Nick. He comes back to Ohio about once or twice a year and that’s the only time that I get to see him but I am not too upset about it like I was at first. I am still looking forward to the next time he comes back because he was one of my best friends and I could never replace him.