Everyone always told me that your best friend in the beginning of high school will not be your best friend by the time you graduated, I never believed that. We had a friendship so solid that I knew we’d be friends forever. Looking back now, I was proved extremely wrong. One hard time I faced in my life was removing a toxic person I called my “best friend” from my life.
We became friends in the 3rd grade, when life was easy and we did not have serious life issues. She moved away and we gradually stopped talking. Then eventually 8th grade came and it was like she never left. We became closer than ever and ultimately spent every day together. We eventually got to high school where we attended the same vocational school and picked the same shop. As we grew older we met new people together, we went to parties together, and we had fun. But as we grew older we started to change. I was the more reserved friend. I loved to read, spend time at home, and do things with my family. She loved to party, be around a lot of people, and go out. This is where our friendship started to go downhill.
We started disagreeing a lot and the tension started to grow. She was very close minded and I was very open minded. Being very open to the gay marriage and she was against it. I though mental illness was a disease, she thought it was an excuse. She was an extremely privileged girl from a small town, who got whatever she wanted. I was the same girl from a small town, but I appreciated what I had. As time went things became more personal. She started to attack me on personal subjects. Taking hits at almost every word that came out of my mouth. When I wanted to join the military she told me I was too weak and I “would never make it”. As a friend, I wanted h...
... middle of paper ...
...need in the most important parts of my life. Another way I also behave differently is when my other friends encounter relationships like this. Telling them my story, I hope they cut off their toxic friendship like I did because I would never want anyone to have a friend that made them uncomfortable in their own skin like she did.
Nevertheless, we are civil. She still talks about me from time to time. Asking how I even made it into college or mocking my major. She even still questions my personal relationship with my boyfriend. Looking back now, I know why she was hurtful and it makes me realize now why people are hurtful. Lack of self-confidence or even jealously. All in all, I’m greatful this experience happened. It made me grow as a persons and find out who I am without someone else influencing me. This is one tough experience in life that changed who I am today.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Surely, everyone is fond of the idea of friendship. In fact, to most people living on this earth believe that friends are the most important part of their lives. There have been lots of sayings, quotes, movies and music about the theme, friendship; and this also impacted many people in the way they see the idea of having friends and that it is worthwhile to have someone to rely on. The importance of friendship cannot just be forgotten like a snap of one’s fingers. It has stuck on to the minds of people through movies, such as ‘Harry Potter’ and TV series, like ‘Friends’.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
1163 words (3.3 pages)
- She doesn’t know this, but she changed my life. She was there for me when it seemed like no one else was. When most of my friends were dissolving around me and I just didn’t feel like I could do anything right, she was there, and she made everything seem okay. It didn’t matter that I was inevitably going to graduate with a GPA a tenth of a point lower than I wanted, or that my director told me that he was disappointed in me because I just didn’t seem focused lately, or that my other friends just weren’t talking to me anymore.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
675 words (1.9 pages)
- Friendships are one of the most important things you can get out of life. It’s something that everyone has to have because without it we would all go insane. Just think if no one talked to each other and we never made friends, this world would be a ticking time bomb. Studies say human need friendships and love to survive. So friendship is a big part of your life. There is no real definition of friendship, because there’s no one way you can define it. Friendships can mean many different things, depending on the person.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
859 words (2.5 pages)
- Nick was the kind of guy who always told you what you needed to hear even if it wasn’t always exactly what you wanted to hear. He was not only my youth pastor, but also one of my best friends. He was the guy that if he said something, you could always count on it to be true. If he said that he was going to do something, he would do it. When I was fourteen years old, I was always going around and doing a lot of things that I knew that I should not have been doing. One day, my friend Devon invited me to church and I didn’t want to come at first but then I decided that I would go anyways.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
577 words (1.6 pages)
- I never thought that I would ever had to attend to a funeral of a close friend. Aaron Smith was only 18 years old and passed away from a tragic automobile accident. He was always a really happy guy and had the biggest smile there could ever be, his smile would make anyone get cheered up. He was about 5 foot 9 inches, light brown skin, and he had a thick body, and black hair. Aaron would always help out a friend in need, even though he had trouble with his divorced parents he wouldn’t let that get him down.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
1268 words (3.6 pages)
- The strangers who you encounter in your life come in many shapes and sizes. The unexpected will always happen at times least expected. Pearls are life’s treasures that remind you what life is all about. I spent two years of my life in a drunken state. Unsure, where I was at in my life at during a point in time when my daughter Emerald needed her mother the most. The bottle with its silver and blue shimmery colors on the label became my twin. That is until I met a man who gave me one of a few pearls in my life.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
910 words (2.6 pages)
- She’s the type of person who’d take walks anywhere. And I mean ANYWHERE, whether it is a park, or even a graveyard. It sort of creeps me out, this new co-worker of mine. But the thought soon shook off me after weI had one brief lunch-break together. I can’t imagine her dressing up in designer clothes and acting like those other posh people back at the office. Her sense of style was not sophisticated but it was respectable and casual. It really did suit her. I guess it’s because she feels comfortable and confident in them, and it shows that too.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
526 words (1.5 pages)
- When I was in the sixth grade, an event happened where I saw who the person I called my best friend really was for the first time. We hope when the people we trust show their true colors those colors are of beautiful vibrancy. Faith and I were best friends since we first met in park league softball when I was in the second grade. Faith and I were constantly getting in trouble for talking during class. She was easy to talk to and there was never a dull moment, but perhaps the main reason I was friends with Faith was because I thought it was better to be friends with Faith then not because then you were her enemy.... [tags: 2007 singles, Debut albums, IPod, Best Friends]
1334 words (3.8 pages)
- It Happened To Me: Every Best Friend 's Dream When I left college for the summer last semester, I did not expect or plan for life to turn out the way it did. It was as if I had no control over my own destiny, which if you knew me, you would know that didn’t go over so well. As May turned into June and June turned into July, first semester billing had arrived. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw the statement. I owed six thousand dollars. This was after my scholarships and taking out maximum loans.... [tags: Mother, Father, Best Friends, A Flock of Seagulls]
1294 words (3.7 pages)
- Have you ever had that one special friend that you knew would be there for you through thick and thin. That special friend, who can read your thoughts, finish your sentences, and make you smile when you are feeling blue. A friend is someone who is honest and you can trust. A friend is someone who you hang out with, and someone you rely on. Friendship is being there for someone when they need you. That person for me is my best friend Katrina. She is the kindest, sweetest person I have ever known.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
600 words (1.7 pages)
- Obama 's Presidential Debate : The Stakes Are High And Donald Trump And Hillary Clinton
- The At Population Pyramid Of A Country 's Age Distribution
- College Vs. High School
- Being Wrong Is Right Or Wrong?
- Three Types Of Impediments Functional Fixedness, Mental Set, And Confirmation Bias
- The Radical Idea Of Marrying For Love By Stephanie Coontz