The AA meeting was at the Episcopal Church of Nativity in Fort Oglethorpe. I went with two other classmates because I was really nervous to go alone. Walking into the meeting I felt the same way. I was extremely nervous so I can 't imagine how an individual with alcoholism as a problem must feel. I have hear about what goes on in AA meeting from my friend but still I was nervous. As soon as we got there we introduced our selves and talk to the leader of the group. We tried to get some information about the history of when thee AA meeting started there but they weren 't sure. All they new was that it started at a Tri state hospital many years back and then they found themselves at Episcopal Church of Nativity. No one in the group really knew much of the group history.
The History of Alcoholic Anonymous
Addiction has become a big issue and many family are being affected with alcoholism. In fact NACCD has found that 17.6 million people, or one in every 12 adults, suffer from alcohol abuse or dependence along with several million more who engage in risky, binge drinking patt...
... middle of paper ...
...sion pills working for him he just stop taking them and just drank. This young man has been sober for over a year now. I loved how he said he loves waking up sober and not having to worry about the alcohol being an obstacle in his life. He said looking back to that alcoholic him is like watching a movie and he believes that the person wants to want the change. You can 't change because someone ask you too.
Although a lot of people were telling their stories and participating their was also some who just wanted to listen and were not ready to speak about their stories. Also I noticed there was a couple their who was talking the whole time and on their cellphones. Which at first I thought that was kind of rude but I also know see that being their in the first place takes a lot for someone to do. I really enjoyed being at the AA meeting and hearing different stories.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Nick was the kind of guy who always told you what you needed to hear even if it wasn’t always exactly what you wanted to hear. He was not only my youth pastor, but also one of my best friends. He was the guy that if he said something, you could always count on it to be true. If he said that he was going to do something, he would do it. When I was fourteen years old, I was always going around and doing a lot of things that I knew that I should not have been doing. One day, my friend Devon invited me to church and I didn’t want to come at first but then I decided that I would go anyways.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
577 words (1.6 pages)
- I remember an old saying my mother used to tell me, “Never say never”. Is this true. I would have never expected this to be true till something happened to me that changed my life till this very day. Growing up I was oddly very cold hearted. I guess I was never the gurly girl always crying after a finger nail broke or the kind of person that wore her heart on her sleeve. I would always keep things to myself and let it be the day someone saw me cry. Most people just thought I wasn’t human. Crying wasn’t something I was used to but I didn’t know one instance would make me shed oceans.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
1638 words (4.7 pages)
- Surely, everyone is fond of the idea of friendship. In fact, to most people living on this earth believe that friends are the most important part of their lives. There have been lots of sayings, quotes, movies and music about the theme, friendship; and this also impacted many people in the way they see the idea of having friends and that it is worthwhile to have someone to rely on. The importance of friendship cannot just be forgotten like a snap of one’s fingers. It has stuck on to the minds of people through movies, such as ‘Harry Potter’ and TV series, like ‘Friends’.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
1163 words (3.3 pages)
- Friendships are one of the most important things you can get out of life. It’s something that everyone has to have because without it we would all go insane. Just think if no one talked to each other and we never made friends, this world would be a ticking time bomb. Studies say human need friendships and love to survive. So friendship is a big part of your life. There is no real definition of friendship, because there’s no one way you can define it. Friendships can mean many different things, depending on the person.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
859 words (2.5 pages)
- She doesn’t know this, but she changed my life. She was there for me when it seemed like no one else was. When most of my friends were dissolving around me and I just didn’t feel like I could do anything right, she was there, and she made everything seem okay. It didn’t matter that I was inevitably going to graduate with a GPA a tenth of a point lower than I wanted, or that my director told me that he was disappointed in me because I just didn’t seem focused lately, or that my other friends just weren’t talking to me anymore.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
675 words (1.9 pages)
- I never thought that I would ever had to attend to a funeral of a close friend. Aaron Smith was only 18 years old and passed away from a tragic automobile accident. He was always a really happy guy and had the biggest smile there could ever be, his smile would make anyone get cheered up. He was about 5 foot 9 inches, light brown skin, and he had a thick body, and black hair. Aaron would always help out a friend in need, even though he had trouble with his divorced parents he wouldn’t let that get him down.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
1268 words (3.6 pages)
- On June 25, 1852, a man was born who would wow the world with his unconventional, artistic architectural masterpieces. Antoni Gaudí i Cornet was most likely born in Camp de Tarragona, Catalonia, Spain. His parents were Francesc Gaudí Serra, a coppersmith, and Antonia Cornet Bertran. Throughout his 73 years he gained increasing recognition for his magnificent work. As a child, he was diagnosed with rheumatism, which meant he had an exceptionally weak immune system and sensitive locomotive system (which includes joints, muscles, connective tissues, soft tissues around the joints and bones).... [tags: art, architecture, church]
927 words (2.6 pages)
- When I was in the sixth grade, an event happened where I saw who the person I called my best friend really was for the first time. We hope when the people we trust show their true colors those colors are of beautiful vibrancy. Faith and I were best friends since we first met in park league softball when I was in the second grade. Faith and I were constantly getting in trouble for talking during class. She was easy to talk to and there was never a dull moment, but perhaps the main reason I was friends with Faith was because I thought it was better to be friends with Faith then not because then you were her enemy.... [tags: 2007 singles, Debut albums, IPod, Best Friends]
1334 words (3.8 pages)
- It Happened To Me: Every Best Friend 's Dream When I left college for the summer last semester, I did not expect or plan for life to turn out the way it did. It was as if I had no control over my own destiny, which if you knew me, you would know that didn’t go over so well. As May turned into June and June turned into July, first semester billing had arrived. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw the statement. I owed six thousand dollars. This was after my scholarships and taking out maximum loans.... [tags: Mother, Father, Best Friends, A Flock of Seagulls]
1294 words (3.7 pages)
- She’s the type of person who’d take walks anywhere. And I mean ANYWHERE, whether it is a park, or even a graveyard. It sort of creeps me out, this new co-worker of mine. But the thought soon shook off me after weI had one brief lunch-break together. I can’t imagine her dressing up in designer clothes and acting like those other posh people back at the office. Her sense of style was not sophisticated but it was respectable and casual. It really did suit her. I guess it’s because she feels comfortable and confident in them, and it shows that too.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
526 words (1.5 pages)