The fascinating world of computers was first introduced to me at the tender age of 10 years, in my fourth grade. We had a practical lab session every week in school in which we were taught about the basic peripherals and working of the computer. It was the start of my undying interest in computers and there has been no looking back. After studying about the basics of computers in school I decided to take Information Technology as my elective subject in junior college. It was then that I was presented to the world of programming languages as I had C and JAVA in the curriculum. For me, it was nothing less than magic that everything we wanted to do could be done by just writing a program on it. It was then that I decided to endure this passion for computers and to pursue a career in the same which led to joining the Bachelor of Engineering degree in Computer Science and Engineering at Walchand Institute of Technology, Solapur which is the premier private institution in the state.
Determined and focused to do work towards my dream, I entered the college with great vigor and excitement. I have always been in the top 10 students of the class since grade 1, and continuing this tradition my first year score was only expected. I stood first in my class of 75 and 4th amongst 420 students enrolled for engineering. I was also the topper for C Programming in the...
... middle of paper ...
...aculty in the CISDE department and the much hyped facilities available in the campus, I’m sure that it will be a once in a lifetime opportunity to gain immense knowledge and expertise to build a successful career in Computer Science. Given a chance to attend the M.S. in C.S. program at your esteemed university, I’ll take full advantage to grasp as much as possible with the extremely well designed curriculum of this program and to develop myself with all the requisites of an I.T professional. I would like to pursue my area of interest by doing the specialization in Database related research.
Hence, I request that my application be considered for admission to your renowned department and also for the possible financial aid. I strongly feel that I can match the standards of your university and help contribute prolifically to the research endeavors at your University.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In an accounting large quantity of numbers in systematically arrangement makes possible for businesses to provide a view of its day to day activity, growth, and its financial standing. I created interest in learning accounting from my home, and make it my career, as well as to progress my career goal to become auditor and open up my own accounting business; I need to make my knowledge of accounting wider and stronger. Applying for Master Science in Accounting is a very important step toward achieving my career goal.... [tags: Bachelor's degree, Master's degree]
899 words (2.6 pages)
- The online Master of Computer Science is offered by many online universities and colleges those indulged in computer education.. This online Professional Degree is course work only and is designed to qualified students across the world. In this Masters degree program, you will study topics such as object-oriented hardware circuit designing, software design, software testing, network analysis, network security, logical algorithms, and machine designs. Course work develops analytical thinking, investigatory skill and in-depth knowledge of IT functionalities.... [tags: Higher Education]
607 words (1.7 pages)
- It was a magical moment for me when I got my first computer from my uncle. It was a big black & white Window’s 95 OS where I played my very first computer game, Dave. The moment I touched the keyboard, an urge to learn more about computers began and has not ceased ever since. Hence I decided to pursue Information Technology as a specialization for my graduation. It provided me with a strong and comprehensive background in computers. During my undergraduate studies, I learned subjects like C, C++, Java and DBMS as a part of the curriculum and thus, became proficient in programming languages to such a level that I started creating my own games in C++.... [tags: Programing, Technology, College]
684 words (2 pages)
- Statement of Purpose “The thirst for knowledge increases with the acquisition of it” –Thomas Carlyle. Our modern world would be inconceivable without computer science. From technology to enterprise administration, medicine to biological science, social and archaeological study –every area of research today need computer science for the evaluation of their facts and figures.... [tags: statement of purpose]
941 words (2.7 pages)
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE (SOP) Major: Master of Science in Computer Science (MS in Computer Science) When I was 13 years old my father presented a personal computer as a birthday gift to me. Having seen the profound impact which personal computers have made and witnessed its prolific growth right from my childhood, it has been a great fascination for me to study computers and related technologies. This childhood fascination made me opt for Computer Science as mainstream diploma subject. With invigorating enthusiasm throughout the course duration, I completed my diploma with a good percentage.... [tags: technology, education, qualifications]
701 words (2 pages)
- Brought up in a competitive environment and a family that believes in a value system backed by my curiosity towards computer technology, I was first introduced to Computers when my daily experimentations on my neighbor’s PC influenced my parents who got me a computer. Cracking puzzles, solving problems have always intrigued me and the fields involving logic and application of the technology have always been my areas of interest. One of my cousins had pursued a degree in Computers for undergraduate studies followed by a Master’s degree from a reputed American University.... [tags: computer networks, database]
694 words (2 pages)
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE Secure yet Unsecure, is an age that we live in. However, in today’s time of information and digital media, vulnerabilities will happen. Valuable assets cannot be hidden forever, nor can any locks prevent its theft. At some point, because of the vulnerabilities existing in our system, the secrets and our data will be accidentally revealed or actively discovered or unintentionally be given away by someone we trust. My passion to secure the cyber environment drives me intensely to research and delve deeper into the flaws and vulnerabilities and find their infallible remedies.... [tags: statement of purpose]
1157 words (3.3 pages)
- ... Overall, it was a great learning and challenging experience as it gave me an insight into how the concepts of different branches of engineering culminate to make a robot and required a host of activities including problem solving, research and team-coordination to achieve our goal. In my final year, I did a project named ‘Microcontroller Based Heartbeat Monitor’. The project strengthened my conceptual knowledge in area of programming the 8051 microcontroller to receive data from ECG sensors attached to human body for calculating heart rate with accuracy.... [tags: computing, concept, problems, applications]
957 words (2.7 pages)
- ... My parents’ near-divorce caused a psychological toll on myself that rendered me unmotivated. Having to keep myself committed and motivated with the end-goal wasn’t simple. I struggled day after day, but months later, I am still fighting for making a name of myself. Likewise, studying Computer Science is no easy task - There are numerous amount of scripts and coding you must remember and master – But I overcame it by hours and hours of practicing. I am committed to the goal of helping the entire world with my software.... [tags: Software engineering, Computer science, Computer]
1408 words (4 pages)
- For years, I was surrounded by people who would react astonishingly when I told them my academic profession. In high school it was physics, in Fudan University it was computer science, and I’m beginning statistics - all fields that aren’t as common for girls. “Wow…” they’d say, as they scanned me from face to toes. It would be unreasonable if I claim that I had never questioned my choice, especially during the adaptation period into computer science as a rookie. I can still recall the desperation I felt in my first program designing class.... [tags: Educational Goals, application essays]
1012 words (2.9 pages)