Freshman Year 2013-2014
My past proven ankle injury was a painful process that resulted in me having to rely on crutches to make it to school and classes. Even when the pain was debilitating, I still managed to find a way to get work and assignments for missed classes. The time missed from school did impact my matriculation in the sense that I was dependent upon my student/instructor relationship to support my need for extra help and support. Instead of complaining, I found ways to maneuver around this factor and relied on student supports to assist me with missing information so I could study to the best of my ability. I also dealt with a fight for appropriate insurance to obtain the correct medical care as well. I endured this battle and did not complain or use it as an excuse or crutch to not complete my assignments. My requests and meetings with instructors for support only involved me articulating that I had a need for extra support and a re...
... middle of paper ...
...ces to involve future internships and experiences that can enhance my instruction and improve my comprehension in my subject areas of interest. I also have friends that obtain very high marks in all courses within my major who have expressed that they love my inner drive and determination and will tutor me one on one. I have made many changes to my everyday schedule so that school can have a respectable amount of time so that I can practice and perfect my matriculation. I have also made the decision to change my major to general studies so that I can achieve my greatest dream of being an architect. It will be a slow process but I’m willing to take every step wisely and carefully. So I am asking the Financial Aid Board to grant me just one more chance to show you guys that I’m a great student, hard worker, and a future graduate of the great Dalton State Roadrunners.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Have you ever had someone in your life that has made such an impact they have changed the way you look at life. I have. His name is Jim O’Hara but goes by O or Coach. O was my coach for my senior year of football in high school. O was hired the second semester of my junior year after the coach I had my freshman through junior year of football quit because of a better job offer. I was a nervous wreck thinking that this coach might try to actually kill me and my teammates. This all changed after the first time I met him.... [tags: English-language films, Love, Leadership]
1048 words (3 pages)
- First semester college freshman battle stress, depression, and anxiety caused by the transition from high school to college. Adaptation alone is a stressful series of occurring events, and to adapt to their [freshman] surrounding environment, an individual must manage problems, challenges, and demands in his or her daily life (Dyson 2). The transition from high school to a major university is portrayed as the process of growing into adulthood from youth. On top of being unfamiliar with college life, many freshmen second guess their academic abilities and whether or not they can meet the expatiations of their over zealous parents.... [tags: college, freshman,]
995 words (2.8 pages)
- ... 23 players, 23 nominees, 23 warriors, but only 3 titans. This players have showed during the entire year their arguments for being the best player of the whole planet. They've demonstrated their abilities, skills, goals and the magic they can generate with the ball. But now it's time to choose, Messi, Ribery or Ronaldo.They have their merits to win this major title but the results can help us to know who is the best. In my opinion, Messi isn't part of this battle because he has demonstrated he is not in his maximum level by his injuries and disappearances in the game.... [tags: best football-soccer player of the year]
766 words (2.2 pages)
- ... In addition, communication via online platforms will continue, especially for businesses or entities that procure from many companies or countries. Competition between procurement systems might heat up and prices might be go upwards. 2. Outsourcing. During the last few years, a lot of businesses, small and big, have been doing outsourcing to lessen business costs and increase productivity and efficiency of workers. Like technology, the option to outsource isn’t slowing and many companies are adapting long-term outsourcing.... [tags: business year, online presence]
925 words (2.6 pages)
- Freshman year is always talked about as one of the most important years of school because that’s when grades start to actually matter. Grades become set in the stone like pyramid hieroglyphics compared to our old grades that washed away like coarse sand castles on the beach. The grades you receive that first semester will be part of your GPA the rest of your high school education. Not only do the grades start counting, but some students find it difficult adjusting to high school level classes. For me, freshmen English was the year my writing had to make drastic changes.... [tags: High school, Teacher, Ninth grade]
843 words (2.4 pages)
- Chapter Six - Freshman Year That homecoming dance was actually John and I’s first date. We had never gone out before then but to say the least it was an interesting night. I for one was the only girl in the group so I was socializing with boys the whole night, not a problem but I didn’t know what to expect, I grew up going to a Christian school for most of my life and had no idea what to expect from high school dances. I’ll admit I looked pretty good that night and was having so much fun. I didn’t really know what John and I were, were we just friends hanging out or did he want to be my boyfriend.... [tags: High school, Friendship]
1628 words (4.7 pages)
- Contents 1.1 Graph of number journal related to ISO 9000 between year 2004 - 2014 1 2.0 Certification of ISO 9000 4 3.0 Journal review 6 4.0 Conclussion 9 References 1.1 Graph of number journal related to ISO 9000 between year 2004- 2014 The graph shows the number of studies related to ISO 9000 between the years 2004-2014. Total were collected randomly from a samples of related journal accessible from e- resources by library Sultanah Bahiyah. Based on the result, year 2004 and 2006 recorded the highest number of studies related to ISO 9000 which is a 4 each years.... [tags: Journals, Articles, Studies, Certification ISO]
1413 words (4 pages)
- College is the time when a person goes from being a kid to a young adult. This is also the time when a person is on his or her own but also needs to learn how to be responsible at the same time. But as time goes by, we students have learned the hard way that it’s extremely easy to let that freedom get to our heads and go a bit overboard causing us to screw something up. Studies have shown that students who’d never had a problem doing homework find themselves failing tests when there’s no one around to motivate them to attend class.... [tags: college life]
636 words (1.8 pages)
- The debate has been going on for years. Is it normal or should you be concerned about the freshman 15. The freshman 15 is a term known for the around fifteen or plus pounds a typical college student gains during their first year of college. The usual argument is that college students are unprepared for life on their own and that once they have control they make eating healthy their last priority. However, an article from the Huffington Post suggests otherwise; that in fact it is not the students fault but the schools and their overwhelming smorgasbord of unhealthy food choices.... [tags: student weight gain first year of college]
752 words (2.1 pages)
- My freshman year was suppossed to be my year, the year I was finally going to be in "Highschool".It was considered the most important year in my life, that I could've only dreamed about. You see,from the fifth to eighth grade i attended homeschool and smaller schools. Highschool was going to be big!I thought I was finally going to be considered a young adult.This very year 2012 would be the hardest year of my life. I remeber this year like the back of my hand. My bestfriends were Jatereus, Leneice, Denise, and J'Quaylon.... [tags: Personal Narrative, Essay About Myself]
1265 words (3.6 pages)