Essay PreviewMore ↓
I have always had an interest in movies and acting. My first two years high school, and throughout middle school, I participated in drama and advanced drama to explore my interests in acting. I wrote my own monologs and preformed them in front of the class, I listened to praise and criticism but eventually learned how to write an excellent monolog. I always had a little bit of stage fright but in my last year I preformed in our schools main stage performance it was something I had not done before and it is something that I will never forget.
My 6th grade year I moved to Chewelah and it has been one of the greatest challenges I’ve have had to face in my life. It was hard leaving all my friends and family I had been close to all through my childhood. One thing that really helped me in the transition was the new friends I made. They brought me right in under their wing by hanging out with me at school and inviting me over to their houses. This was a difficult time in my life but I learned I can make friends and be successful anywhere.
I have been involved in many hours helping clean the streets and sidewalks of Chewelah doing my part to make the community a better place to live. The main project of my high school career was helping improve and maintain the Chewelah Peak Learning Center. They had a brand new field but needed sod to be laid on top of it. So I volunteered my time and laid sod so their field could be complete. The Chewelah Peak Learning Center needed an outdoor amphitheater which I also helped build by crating the roof and the stage.
I have not experienced but I have witnessed discrimination in the form of racial slurs and I am glad I’ve told those people to stop.
How to Cite this Page
"My Accomplishments and Goals." 123HelpMe.com. 18 Feb 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Tracks A, B and C Please describe as specifically as possible your intellectual and professional interests, accomplishments, and goals. Your essay should address each of the following questions in order (please number your answers) and should not exceed five (5) pages, double-spaced, 12pt. font. 1. What life experiences contributed to your decision to pursue graduate social work education at this time. Discuss your career goals. When I started to go to my internship at Mosholu Gardens (internship placement ) for Lehman College I learned that I have a natural gift when it comes to using active listening skills which has helped me work with clients in exploring their issues and helping them... [tags: Social work, Sociology, Homelessness]
1586 words (4.5 pages)
- In American history, civil rights movements have played a major role for many ethnics in the United States and have shape American society to what it is today. The impact of civil rights movements is tremendous and to an extent, they accomplish the objectives that the groups of people set out to achieve. The Mexican-American Civil Rights Movement, more commonly known as the Chicano Movement or El Movimiento, was one of the many movements in the United States that set out to obtain equality for Mexican-Americans (Herrera).... [tags: Racial Issues]
1527 words (4.4 pages)
- Introduction Even though it’s great feeling like you’re officially done with school when you walk across the stage, that’s only the beginning. Extending your education further than just high school. It will provide you with many benefits in the long run. Now when you finally take that step and decide to attend college. Weather it’s for personal reasons or for career reasons. Creating educational and career goals can lead to greater success in life. Heading #1 (Example Idea: Educational and Career Goals) Educational growth and goals setting are very important, when furthering your education.... [tags: Critical thinking, Thought]
1052 words (3 pages)
- When I was born, my family had just migrated to California from Mexico. In a new country, my father worked in landscaping earning less than $4 dollars an hour, while my mother relied on public transportation to take her newborn child to and from doctor visits. In the land of opportunity, my family struggled to put a roof over our heads. But never discouraged, my parents sought to achieve their goals and worked tirelessly to raise my younger brother and I. From a young age, I was taught the importance of education; this became a major catalyst in my life.... [tags: High school, Education, School counselor, College]
1291 words (3.7 pages)
- Courtney, Reagon, and Amber are three young women, whom I just met, in my class that have very unique interests, qualities, and achievements. Courtney Stevens partakes several unique hobbies, accomplishments, and important goals. Starting with her hobbies; Courtney enjoys playing volleyball during her free time. Courtney began playing volleyball in her first years of high school at Lake Hamilton School. She then became one of the best players they had ever seen in their many years of having volleyball.... [tags: High school, Basketball, Academic term, Grade]
991 words (2.8 pages)
- Eleanor Roosevelt and her Accoplishments As the wife of a popular United States president, Anna Eleanor Roosevelt was born in New York City, October 11, 1884, and died November 7, 1962. She was an active worker for social causes. She was the niece of President Theodore Roosevelt, and was raised by her maternal grandmother after the premature death of her parents. In 1905 she married her cousin Franklin Delano Roosevelt. They had six children, but one of them died in infancy. Although she was extremely shy, Eleanor worked hard and became a well known and admired humanitarian.... [tags: People Roosevelt Essays]
1235 words (3.5 pages)
- Please describe your interest in the Summer Internship Program, including your science and research background, academic accomplishments and future science career plans and goals. Please be sure to include your name on each page.* When I was about 12 years old, my father developed a fascination with collecting large stones, and my mother would frequently joke with my sister and I that he had OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder). As I grew older, my family faced several trials that triggered a rapid decline in their mental health.... [tags: Mental disorder, Schizophrenia]
1213 words (3.5 pages)
- Can one change the world with a few words. Martin Luther King Jr., through his amazing ability for public speaking, fought for the rights of twenty million people in the United States of America. However, without the challenges King faced from racial discrimination, his public speaking might have never surfaced. Horace once observed that adversity allows talents or abilities to surface. Without the difficulties in life, the talents one could have would never appear. Adversity challenges people to escape their comfort zone, causes them to try, and gives talents they may have never appreciated or had.... [tags: public speaking, accomplishments, success]
780 words (2.2 pages)
- During my life I had some accomplishments. But, I will tell you the truth I cannot call them as my great accomplishments. At this point of my life I had the two greatest events. My first event was my high school graduation. The second event, which was the biggest and the most unforgettable was my wedding day. First event that I accomplished was when I got my high school diploma. Even though finishing high school was not an easy task for me, those days were the best moments of my life. I always knew that if I would finish high school and then hold the diploma in my hands I would always make my parents and of course feel very proud.... [tags: Personal Narrative, Informative]
323 words (0.9 pages)
- My objectives for returning to school are to fulfill my personal and business goals by increasing my knowledge and gaining skills to become an asset to my company and family. I need the challenge and stimulation that learning offers me to enhance my self- esteem, which will enable me to handle conflict in the workplace. My main goal for increasing my knowledge base is to make a difference in the lives of others. Financial stability is also important aspect when making the decision to return to school.... [tags: Education, Personal Narrative, Admissions' Essay ]
323 words (0.9 pages)
My goals are to get great grades and compete in athletics at a very high level. I believe an example of my worth ethic is my current G.P.A. which is a 3.8 and my perfect attendance. These I think show my commitment to performing well in school. I have been a three sport athlete all four years of high school. Earning many awards in each sport I have participated in. One award I have received in all of my sports is the most improved award. This shows my work ethic and determination to excel.