Beethoven was born on December 16,1770 to Maria Magdalena Keverich and Johann van Beethoven. Beethoven was fortunate to be in a musical family where his grandfather and father was a musician. Beethoven’s father also, taught him how to play piano . Beethoven was often beaten by his father while learning to make play the piano when he made a mistake. At age ten under Gottlob Neefe supervision, Beethoven was able to publish his first composition known as “ Nine variation in C minor.” By the age of twelve, Beethoven knew how to play the keyboard and often time played in the church.In 1787, Beethoven had the opportunity to traveled to Vienna, Austria to continue his study of music with Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart who was a well known composer during that Era. Unfortunately he was forced to return back home sooner than expected because of his sick mother who died several months later . In 1790 Beethoven received a huge opportunity to expose his talent by a composing a musical memorial to remember the Holy Roman Emperor Joseph Ⅱ .
In 1792, the French revolution was taking place in France but started sweeping across the Rhineland into the Electorate of C...
... middle of paper ...
.... Another remarkable work of Beethoven is the ninth symphony, known as the “Choral” that has four movements. Also, the ninth symphony is romantic genre. The last movement of this symphony is known as “ Ode to Joy” is the anthem of the European Union. The 9th symphony is composed using Piccolo, 2 flutes, 2 oboes, 2 clarinets , 2 bassoons, contrabassoon ,4 horns , 2 trumpets, 3 trombones ,Timpani, cymbals, triangle, bass drum, and strings.
"Biography: Beethoven 's Life - Ludwig Van Beethoven 's Website." Biography: Beethoven 's Life - Ludwig Van Beethoven 's Website. N.p., n.d. Web. 22 Oct. 2015.
"Ludwig Van Beethoven Biography." Bio.com. A&E Networks Television, n.d. Web. 22 Oct. 2015.
"Symphony No.9, Op.125 (Beethoven, Ludwig Van)." - IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library: Free Public Domain Sheet Music. N.p., n.d. Web. 22 Oct. 2015.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “Next to the word of God , the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world.” Martin Luther King Jr. Just like religion which controlled the thoughts of humans for many years music seems to also have that impact. Music is the one form of art that connects everyone in the world. Although we may all be dancing to a different beat and singing a different harmony, it is all music. It has a way of communicating the unsaid and unifying nations. Music is heard in every aspect of our lives: at church, in social outings, outside, on television, etc.... [tags: Ludwig van Beethoven, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart]
730 words (2.1 pages)
- Music and art are basic functions that human cannot function without. Irrespective of whether one is taking pleasure or creating it, sound is unavoidable. Music has been highly valued by people as a significant interaction in life. It has been used for enjoyment, listening, emotional response, and performing. Music reflects and makes social conditions that hold up social change. All kinds of music are available to many people throughout and easily as technological advancements continue to occur.... [tags: Music]
1097 words (3.1 pages)
- Bebop is one of the most artistic styles of jazz music. Bebop gradually developed during the 1940’s. Bebop focused more on the freedom of creativity rather than rhythmic aspects. According to The Bop Era, it also gave soloists more room for “innovative improvisation” (Glass). Through the works of Charlie Parker, Dizzy Gillespie, Thelonious Monk, and other players we will discover how Bebop became such a prominent style during this era. Bebop is a “genre of American music originated in New Orleans around the 1900’s (The Definition of Jazz).” Bebop is a very unique style of music that comes from inspired passions of the mind.... [tags: Music ]
1154 words (3.3 pages)
- The music in the court of Louis the XIV was comprised of roughly 150 to 200 composers and musicians, all broken up into three different divisions. These divisions were: The music of the Royal Chapel, the Music of the Chamber and the Music of the Great Stable. All three of these divisions played different types of music and used many different types of instruments and each had different things that made them significant. The Music of the Royal Chapel was composed of religious compositions. The most common instruments used in the Royal Chapel were Singers and Organists.... [tags: Opera, Music, Baroque music, Venice]
1002 words (2.9 pages)
- ... Some of the greatest jazz musicians appeared on indie labels: Gennett, Paramount, and Oken (Tyle). One jazz musician stands out among the rest as an iconic figure of the twenties: Louis Armstrong. Armstrong played his trumpet ever since he was a boy and by the time the twenties came, he was the best of the best. One of his songs, “Hello Dolly,” was performed many times with Armstrong and his band. This song is very jazzy, includes simple catchy lyrics/melodies, upward glisses, which provide a fun and swinging feel, a jazz beat by the drum set in the back, a trumpet solo, and includes an instrument almost known for specifically playing jazz music: the saxophone.... [tags: the roaring 20's, music as an outlet]
1528 words (4.4 pages)
- Michael Jackson and His Impact on Pop Music Introduction There have always been pioneers in every field one can think of, no matter what. These people had a great mentality and also a taste for innovation and creativity, so they happened to make a great influence on what they were doing. This is why now; they are called ‘pioneers’. Music-wise, no one can ignore the impact of Michael Jackson’s music on the mainstream music in totality and particularly on the pop-culture. He started as one of the singers of a boy band and ended up becoming the greatest entertainer of all time (according to Guinness records).... [tags: Pop music, Michael Jackson, Popular culture, Disco]
1856 words (5.3 pages)
- The idea that music is information tends to turn people's heads. The art of information stands as the largest growing field in both business and society. How does the age-old art of music fit into this category. Can music even be considered information. The rising popularity of mp3's proves that people value music as a source of information. Hundreds of groups are advertising their band on the web at mp3.com, from popular music groups to those struggling to make a name in society. The web sites serve as a vehicle for bands to display their message to the public in an uncensored atmosphere.... [tags: mp3 digital music]
895 words (2.6 pages)
- The Impact of Music on Students In some way, music affects everyone. Whether it is, a young girl?s favorite song on the radio, a college student?s escape from reality or a form of entertainment to a married couple, music brings everyone together. Music definitely affects the lifestyles of people in many different ways. The diverse styles of music makes people look and act differently. Music has many different levels. To me, levels meaning; the more independent and progressive the music is, the more the fans take it to the extreme.... [tags: Research Essays Music Musical Essays]
1228 words (3.5 pages)
- In the late 1800's, American society began to burst with cultural activity. After the Civil War and the Reconstruction, Americans were eager to return to their normal lifestyles. The period that followed, however, was quite different from what the country was used to. During the war, many pushed hard for a rise in industry, leading to an explosive industrial revolution far beyond what people had expected. America's business and economy had boomed, and, as the new century approached, many had a new outlook on life.... [tags: American History]
1483 words (4.2 pages)
- Television and Music Television is something that everyone that is my age can recall on when they were younger. It has definitely been the greatest influence on me since the day I was born to this world. Television is a great and most likely the best source around the world for information on what's happening everywhere, and probably the most prolific form of entertainment in most first world countries. TV (short for television) was the host of my favorite show when I was a kid, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.... [tags: Papers]
1146 words (3.3 pages)