Essay PreviewMore ↓
People these days listen to all kinds of music: hip-hop, classical, country, etc. People are really picky with what they listen to. People don’t want to compromise with what they are listening to, they don’t have to. Approximately, there are over two million songs written and published in the music industry since its birth (Answers.com). According to the stats shown, we know that people have countless choices of music to choose from these days. Music gives you a variety of choices and beats that you have never heard before. There are approximately 50 albums published every week (Approximately how many songs have been produced in the US and the UK since the music industry was born).
Music has become a way of life in some parts of the world. Music has a influence on people all over the world. As we all know, music has been existing for over fifty thousand years (History of classical music traditions). Music is a source of living for a lot of people in this world. People take music as religion in some parts of the globe. Then there are also people that take music as pleasure and business. People now use music to express themselves in public and with friends.
Music has a variety of genres, and these genres have a variety of songs. People have become what they listen to. If they like country music, they are called old fashioned people. If they like classical music, they are called band geeks. If they like rock music, they have become middle-aged people. If they like hard rock music, then they have become emos. If they like hip-hop or R&B music, then they are called cool people. If they like jazz and techno music, they are called the twenty’s.
The modern music has changed how people live, by categorizing people in groups. When you go to school, there are different groups that the kids have divided themselves into: normal, band geeks, and emos.
How to Cite this Page
"Music: It's a Way of Life." 123HelpMe.com. 18 Jul 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Nearly everyone appreciates music, whether he or she is listening to it, or creating music. However, creating music is more than just someone’s voice or their hands playing an instrument. Despite how universal music may be, schools are still trying to get rid of music education programs. A child learning about music is learning to use multiple skill sets, often all at the same time. Music education prepares students for learning by helping the development of their basic skills and capacities. In addition, many students find music to be an enjoyable and relaxing class.... [tags: music education, musician, students]
996 words (2.8 pages)
- Eminem’s Life Story: The Way He Is For many years people have been associating young adult’s violent behavior to rap music. Artists such as Eminem, Jay Z, 2 Pac, and many others are being blamed for the acts that teenagers commit, but why do these artists have such an influential impact on us. In our research of Eminem, our group is studying three main controversies; his upbringing, his attacks against family members and other artists, and his political views, in hopes to understand why his words influence millions of children and young adults.... [tags: Music Rappers Biographies Essays]
3003 words (8.6 pages)
- Musical instruments have played many major roles in helping with the construction of many societies around the world today. Many people do not realize what musical instruments have been responsible for and how they have helped shape the world today. There have been many instruments that have helped create and sculpt the world, but one instrument that I want to inform readers about is the trumpet and where it came from, as well as how it has changed over many years. The point that I am arguing is the fact that many people do not know where the trumpet has come from and how it has affected society.... [tags: History, Music]
2162 words (6.2 pages)
- Salsa, tango, and bachata have very different historic backgrounds, but come from the same culture. Latin music is popular for various genres in Latin America, mainly in Cuba, and is unique for the type of rhythmic structure it builds. The music is so alive that is pulls at the feet and hips of dancers, driving them to the dance floor. When dancing to the music their hips sway in time, and their feet mark the beat. If people did not grow up with this type of music, its complex rhythms can be intimidating.... [tags: Latin Music, Music, ]
715 words (2 pages)
- Music, it's a part of everyone's life. From childhood sing-a-long songs, to garage grunge music, and everything in between music is everywhere. Growing up with an extremely musical background it was in my genes that I would become a musician. Playing music has helped me become the person I am by being a release for my anger, broadening my future and make new friends.. I first joined the band in the fourth grade playing the drums. I played for about two weeks then I quit because I didn't like it, mostly because of the teacher.... [tags: Personal Narrative Music]
982 words (2.8 pages)
- Can music be a distraction to other students working in classrooms. Can music change how a person thinks or feels. Is music a different medium that one can learn from. Are music education cuts robbing students of the opportunity to learn and grow through a different medium. These are all questions that one should take into consideration when they are thinking about cutting music education from the schools. There are many roles that music education can take; roles in society, and involving jobs and extra activities for the young and the old.... [tags: Education, Music]
1994 words (5.7 pages)
- Music is universally known as an expression of emotion, rebellion against the man, a way of life, a random collection of sounds, an annoying thing kids listen to, or even a vacation from everything, but in reality music is free of all definition. The industry involved in buying, selling and recording of music has grown so old, treacherous, and ignorant that it can not figure out the steps it needs to evolve with the rapidly expanding music industry. Musicians and fans alike are screaming about the dire need of some modern day innovation in the market.... [tags: Music Industry Research paper]
2758 words (7.9 pages)
- Introduction There are many studies that show how music therapy helps people with mood disorders. People with depression can benefit from music therapy because through music therapy they can lessen the symptoms of depression. In the studies and cases that will be mentioned we can see that music therapy is effective through methods like group therapy. It is shown that people with depression that go through music therapy are affected in a positive way. Overview of Mood Disorders Mood disorders are a class of behavioral-emotional disorders labeled by disruption in mood.... [tags: Music Therapy and Mood Disorders]
2344 words (6.7 pages)
- Music is an everyday occurrence for most people. In some way, shape and form, people listen to music. For Christians, specially those at bible college, this can be in chapel day to day. For others it may be in a car or even in the workplace, which can be the case for Christians also. Music for me is an everyday occurrence, not only in chapel but also in other places such as my dorm room and when I get ready for sports. These things has caused me to research the topic of music. It has a huge impact on my life.... [tags: Music ]
1349 words (3.9 pages)
- Music has a way of bringing out our emotions. We say that there are moods of music, and we know which songs make us happy and which make us sad. But music also connects with us intellectually through the lyrics and what we understand them to mean. Thus, music becomes a way to link aspects of intellectual and emotional life – to combine thought and feeling. In the novel Porgy, we see music used as a tool to do just that; music, whether sung, imitated, or described metaphorically, is used, among other things, to link mental and emotional states.... [tags: Porgy Music Musical essays]
2070 words (5.9 pages)
Students have started taking music too seriously. They are going to clubs, listening to dirty music and also downloading music illegally. Students are missing classes and are focusing on music skills more than their work. Listening to music can affect studies for students and I can prove this:
Yes music greatly affects the learning of all people. Without getting too technical the predisposition of the brain for learning depends heavily on the brain wave patterns, Alpha and Beta waves. Music is believed to be a stimulant for the production of Alpha waves which are activated when the brain is in a non stressed state. Alpha wave activity in the brain permits the chemical encoding of information to occur in a context that the brain recognizes as beneficial (Does Music Affect Learning of Students).
I am not saying that listening to music is bad for students, it will be better if they can listen to music in their free time. It is better for them to listen to music that doesn’t have any lyrics and is just an smooth playing song (Does Music Affect Learning of Students).
Music brings out feeling that people have about each other. When I asked some of my friends if they like country music, they started laughing at me. They also said that they feel like country music doesn’t have the same beats and rhythms that hip-hop does. They said that it just isn’t as interesting as the other songs. Then when I asked my friends about they’re favorite artist, they named people like lil-wayne, T-pain, and Soulja Boy. After my friends I asked my boss and some older people that I know about their favorite music artist, they told me names that I haven’t even heard before. If can believe it some person also said that “If I could rock with Elvis, it would be a dream come true”. Well, that person was like fifty five years old so I couldn’t have expected better.
Music is a passion and we all love it. We use music to tell our stories, to cry, and also to have a great time. In music, words are not just words anymore; they are much higher. “Words let us say the things that we want to say and also things that we would be better off not having said. They let us know the things we need to know, and also the things we wish we didn’t “(Pinker 74). Every songs is special in its own way. We have been enjoying music in the past, we are enjoying it in the present, and we will enjoy it in the future, hopefully in a better way.