I wasn’t too worried because the whole “disappearing into thin air, without telling me,” is typical of them. I have been left alone at least fifteen times and I am only eight years old! Anticipating, there was a wedding, I stayed calm, for about two hours. It was almost midnight, and the tall, oak grandfather clock seemed to have been alive. Its pendulum swung creating a deafening sound, making me a little frightened then I was before. My hands began to tremble, and my forehead was sweating. Every call was unanswered, and every message was unheard. I stood there shaking, curled up in a ball, praying that this would all end.
Suddenly, I heard a rattle of footsteps coming onto the porch. I could hear voices, but only whispers. Predicting the noise was my parents, with relief; I unlocked the door and quickly opened it. An unfamiliar face, stood with a gun at its side, pointing it straight at my chest. The moment seemed to have frozen. My heart was beating loudly, and the mirror on the side of the wall revealed my face, paralyzed and colorless. My pleading eyes, lacked hope, yet courage. Solemnly, I thanked God for all of my good fortune, and begged for mercy, for all of my sins. My conscious, was telling me to save myself, which is what I did. Luckily.
The murderer’s first attempt to kill me was unsuccessful. As the bullet rapidly came toward I ducked, shatterin...
... middle of paper ...
...ion gauzes wrapped around my body. My parents were in the waiting room, depressed, and regretful. Although, the manager was a crude person, I still felt guilty, for bulging into her “personal sanctuary, and causing her death. I grasped my golden locket, and asked God to grant the lady paradise, and for the murderer to suffer severe consequences.
As I gently lifted my head, in the midst of the blue sky a star appeared, then another. The sky was dark, but it was filled with reflections from sunlight shine from the other side of the horizon It refused to give up. Despite the fact that it initially seemed to have lost its battle to night, the stars shine outdid the darkness. Similarly, I knew that I should think about the extraordinary things that I have been blessed with, instead of the catastrophic events, that’ll soon enough, be only a life time packed experience.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- After receiving a confession letter from the perpetrator of a mass murder, a retired detective decides he must solve the case himself before the murderer strikes again. The prologue opens in the dismal pre-dawn hours of a struggling Midwestern city as hundreds of unemployed job-seekers line up for a job fair. The job seekers attempt to stay hopeful as they wait in the early morning fog when a maniac driver plows through the crowd in a stolen Mercedes. Eight people are killed and fifteen are severely injured, but the driver is able to escape into the fog without a trace.... [tags: Suicide, KILL, Kamikaze]
1271 words (3.6 pages)
- In the case of the Inquiring Murderer, a woman runs past you and hides in some bushes. When you ask her what is going on, she tells you that someone chasing her is attempting to kill her, and asks you to leave. Soon after, a man armed with a knife asks you if you have seen the woman. Most people would have no issue lying to the man about the woman’s whereabouts. If you tell him where she is, he will almost certainly kill her. This way of thinking produces the greatest good, a consequentialist theory.... [tags: Morality, Ethics, Immanuel Kant]
833 words (2.4 pages)
- In the Sophocles play, “Oedipus Rex,” discrepancy between whether Oedipus is the main culprit for murdering King Laius or if Oedipus has become the scapegoat for the cause of the city’s plague that took many lives. The murder of King Laius strikes the interest of many readers and therefore creating the discussion of who would be a culprit for the crime. One side of the argument shows the Greek Gods set a curse upon Oedipus making his destiny one of wrongful conviction for a murderous crime. On the argument’s opposing side the goddesses determine Oedipus’s fate will be to murder his own father unknowingly on his way to becoming King of Thebes.... [tags: Literary Analysis]
1347 words (3.8 pages)
- On December 18th 2015 Netflix aired with great popularity a 10 part documentary series called “making a Murderer” The documentary, written by Laura Ricciardi and Moira Demo, present the case of Steven Avery; a convicted murderer exonerated on DNA evidence after serving 18 years for the assault and attempted murder of Penny Beerntsen. The writers present the series in a way that suggest that Avery was framed by the Manitowoc Country police department. and present that the police planted evidence to frame Steven Avery because he had been exonerated from the previous crime.... [tags: Ethics, Virtue, Virtue ethics, Business ethics]
1859 words (5.3 pages)
- The Third Murderer in Macbeth Although Shakespeare had a great flare for plot material, he often had trouble with loose ends. Many times, seemingly important people will disappear from the script; they are never seen again. And other times, characters will suddenly appear out of nowhere. One such inconsistency is the identity of the third murderer in Macbeth. At the beginning of 3.3, the third murderer makes his entrance. FIRST MURDERER: But who did bid thee join with us. THIRD MURDERER: Macbeth.... [tags: GCSE English Literature Coursework]
893 words (2.6 pages)
- The Backseat Murderer A good urban legend is like a good movie. It unfolds perfectly and it appeals to the audience’s hopes, fears, and anxieties. The urban legend I am about to describe was told by a first year female biology major at the University. She is of Indian descent and both her parents work in the biotechnology field. I collected this story on a Sunday night in the dorm. The fact that it was nighttime helped create the proper mood for the story. It was told in a dimly lit dorm room. The story was told with an eerie tone of voice, with emphasis and excitement during certain parts.... [tags: Urban Legends Ghost Stories]
1035 words (3 pages)
- The Third Murderer in Macbeth There is much speculation as to who the third murderer is who assisted in the slaying of Banquo. Macbeth, Lady Macbeth, and one of the Weird sisters are a few of the best candidates as to filling this role. Each of these three main characters has their own motive as to why they would want to join in on the assassination. Out of these three possibilities of filling this third murderer's role, all have reasons as to why they could or could not fill the position.... [tags: Macbeth essays]
723 words (2.1 pages)
- Christopher Columbus Was a Murderer The second Monday in October is celebrated across America as Columbus Day. It is a celebration of the man who discovered America. In school, children are taught that Christopher Columbus was a national hero. In actuality, the man was a murderer. It is true that he found a land that was unknown to the "civilized" world, yet in this discovery, he erased the natives inhabiting the land. With slavery, warfare, and inhumane acts, Christopher Columbus and the men who accompanied him completely destroyed a people, a culture, and a land.... [tags: Expository Exemplification Essays]
1533 words (4.4 pages)
- Captain Murderer Captain Murderer was written in the 1800’s by Charles Dickens. In this essay I intend to write about exploring character structure, language, social content and themes. Captain Murderer was described as an evil character by the narrator. His position in society was great he was let into the best of parties. ‘The first diabolical character who intruded himself on my peaceful youth was a certain Captain Murderer’ The word diabolical comes from the Latin word Diablo which means devil.... [tags: English Literature]
773 words (2.2 pages)
- Tupac's Murderer Discovered THE unsolved murder of Lesane Parish Crooks, more widely known as Tupac Amaru Shakur has finally been solved. The legendary rapper died on the 13/11/96 after being shot 4 times by an unknown offender with a semiautomatic pistol. Suspicions targeted Suge Knight, the president of Death Row records, Notorious B.I.G and even Tupac himself, some believed he faked it for publicity. Evidence now shows that a Compton gang, the Southside Crips carried out the shooting because of Tupac beating one of the gang members just a few hours before.... [tags: Free Essays]
375 words (1.1 pages)