Many of Bundy’s crimes involved the rape of college girls, who were being killed on a rate of about one a month. This provided police investigators the challenge of finding out who was commiting these murders, and why they were being committed. In accounts by the few survivors or witnesses of his crimes, Bundy had showed up with a sling, or on crutches. Ted would be struggling with boxes or a briefcase, and would request a female college student to assist him in carrying it to his car. While on the way to his car, these girls would disappear, being found several days or even years later, beaten and murdered. Many of them would be found in woods, or in ditches in the side of the road, easy dumping grounds. In total, Bundy was only charged with three murders. In one of his interviews before his death, he admitted to killing at least 30 women, and once said to a reporter that for every girl admitted too, there was another that would never be discovered. “Bundy had violated all of the expectations of civil society,” recalled one journal (Saltzman 111).
Bundy was only aquated with 3 murders in his many crimes. He had many incidents where he kidnapped girls, or followed them home, such is the case in the Chi Omega homicides and assaults in Ja...
... middle of paper ...
...r be a mystery, but with the use of Odontology, we can guarantee at least one murder done by Bundy.
With hundreds of unsolved murders, many of them could be put to rest with the death of Ted Bundy. He will always be regarded as one of the most gruesome murders in history. Some of these murders including the Chi Omega and Leech murders could have been prevented had Ted not been such a witty criminal.
Marshall, Sarah “The Earthly Remains: Revisiting Ted Bundy." The Order of the Good Death. N.p., n.d. Web. 29 Oct. 2014.
Saltzman, Rachel. "This Buzz Is For You." Journal of Folklore, May-August 1995. Vol 32, Issue 2. P 101-119. Print. 29 Oct. 2014.
“Ted Bundy” Bio.com. A&E Networks Television, n.d. Web. 04 Nov. 2014.
Time. “The Case of Chi Omega Killer Accussed Murderer Goes on Trial in Miami.” Time, 16 July 1979. Vol 114, Issue 3. P 12. Print. 30 Oct. 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Serial murder as defined by the FBI is, “[t]he unlawful killing of two or more victims by the same offender(s), in separate events" (Morton Robert J. Ed, & Hilts., Ed, 2005, p. 9). Numerous people disagree with the definition, this researcher included, since it lacks the cool- down period after they murder, which various people feel stands necessary for serial killer status. Serial killers remain a rare phenomenon. The FBI states, serial murder accounts for less than one percent of killings per year (Morton Robert J.... [tags: Crime, Murder, Serial killer]
2452 words (7 pages)
- Serial Killers have been present all over the world for a very long time. They kill innocent people every day for nor reason. They commit murder after murder and still continue the process. In some cases determining if someone will be a serial killer is much harder than other cases. In the case of Andrew Cunanan who was a serial killer, had killed over four people in just one year. There was no evidence in his childhood that would predict he would be become a serial killer so it was very surprising to see how a little boy could transform into a murderer.... [tags: Murder, Serial killer, Andrew Cunanan]
1070 words (3.1 pages)
- Serial Killer Typologies and Characteristics Serial murder as defined by the FBI (2005) is, “[t]he unlawful killing of two or more victims by the same offender(s), in separate events" (Morton & Hilts, 2005 p. 9). However, numerous people disagree with the definition, including this researcher, since it lacks a cool-down period in between murders, which numerous professionals believe is necessary for serial killer status. Serial killers remain a rare phenomenon. The FBI (2005) states, serial murder accounts for under one percent of the killings a year (2).... [tags: Crime, Murder, Serial killer]
4238 words (12.1 pages)
- According to Culhane there are three or more victims, three or more incidents and an emotional “cooling off” period in between murders that are considered the three main characteristics in defining a serial murderer. Being a serial killer is hard work in their minds, but yet again it’s very easy to them just depending on if they are organized with their killings or unorganized with their killings, along with having a difference in their behaviors of which is which. Is it a serial murder or a serial killer.... [tags: Murder, Serial killer, Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer]
1424 words (4.1 pages)
- When it comes to serial killers the one thing that comes to mind are males. You don’t see many female serial killers its more males when it comes to that. People also may think that serial killers are individuals who kill a lot of people, but there’s more to being classified as a serial killer. These killers usually don 't know their victims and they almost always have "cooling off " periods between the murders, they also usually derive sexual excitement from the killings but there’s still more to being a serial killer.... [tags: Murder, Serial killer, Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer]
933 words (2.7 pages)
- It is widely debated over whether the infamous Jack the Ripper is none other than Herman Webster Mudgett, the deranged, murderous, and somewhat brilliant serial killer who went by the alias of Dr. H. H. Holmes. The Ripper was able to evade captivity in the Whitechapel district of London in 1888, killing five victims from August 1888 to November of 1888. Whitechapel was a low income area of London where unemployment and poverty were extremely high. Women were prostituting themselves out, therefore putting themselves at a higher risk of being murdered because they were voluntarily going into dark areas of the city.... [tags: murder, serial killer, captivity]
1305 words (3.7 pages)
- Monster is a movie based on a true story about an American female serial killer. Aileen Wuornos was a prostitute who killed multiple men for financial gain to support her and her lover Shelby Wall (her real life name being Tyria Moore). The real life serial killer was convicted of the murders and was executed by lethal injection after ten years on Florida’s death row in 2002. Aileen was a type of serial killer who killed for comfort which is called Hedonism, the pursuit of pleasure. Aileen was taking care of herself and Selby while living in multiple motels in different areas in Florida.... [tags: Murder, Serial killer, Aileen Wuornos]
1673 words (4.8 pages)
- Serial Killers: What They Are and How They Came to Be “At least seventeen persons[sic], mostly gay and black men, were known to have been murdered by Jeffrey Dahmer from 1988 to 1991. Dahmer cannibalized his victims, had sex with their corpses, and then dissolved them in a fifty-five-gallon vat of acid in his Milwaukee, Wisconsin, home” (“Serial Killers” par. 2). Dahmer committed such heinous and brutal killings that can hardly categorize him as human. Unfortunately, he is not alone; there have been by far more hideous murders over the past century.... [tags: Murder, Serial killer, Spree killer]
1611 words (4.6 pages)
- Even though it is a very rare form of killing, serial murder has been a topic of interest in the eyes of countless observers. However, the exact guidelines for serial murder have been hard to pin-point because each killer has a unique way of committing the deed. Vera Renczi was a female serial killer who “was convicted of thirty-five murders and sentenced to life imprisonment” during the 1930s (Vera Renczi – The Black Widow Serial Killer Who Killed All Of Her Lovers). She killed every one of the men in her life, including her son, by poisoning them with arsenic in fear that they were betraying her trust (Vera Renzci).... [tags: serial murder, serial killer, vera renczi]
655 words (1.9 pages)
- The question of whether or not man is predetermined at birth to lead a life of crime is a question that has been debated for decades. Serial killers are made not born; it has been demonstrated that a man 's initial years are the most vital years. A youngster 's initial couple of years is a period of experimentation, a period to make sense of things for themselves, a period to set up the bits of the riddle. Like a newborn child, the mental health is reliant on its environment. A youthful youngster 's mind resembles a wipe; it gathers data through perception.... [tags: Murder, Serial killer, Herbert Mullin]
1655 words (4.7 pages)