John Bethencourt et al.  stated that in most of the distributed systems, if a user had some credentials only then he was allowed to access data. This policy could be applied by deploying a trusted server in order to store the data. This was the one possible method. But this method was not so effective because CIA of whole data would be at risk if server storing the data compromised. To overcome this issue, author proposed a CP-ABE scheme to be applied on encrypted data so as to provide an access control over the data stored on the server. Now, even if the server is not trusted or is compromised, still the stored is secure. This method secures the data from collusion attacks too. In the proposed system, credentials of users are based on some attributes and decryption of data is based on some policy which is decided by the one encrypting that data while the previous systems encrypted data was based on some attributes user keys were associated with policies. Proposed method is implemented by the authors and it is somewhat similar to Role-based access control. The limit...
... middle of paper ...
...t. Some of the aspects in which cloud security is weak are transmission, access control, data storage, data verification. To address these issues, a cloud disk storage safety scheme based on Hadoop is proposed in the paper. This scheme takes help from the authorization process of Kerberos protocol. For encryption and authentication, algorithms like AES and RSA are utilized in the paper. For safe connection and storage among clients and servers, three times handshaking is described in the paper i.e First Hand shaking, second hand shaking and Third hand shaking. The encryption scheme described in the paper ensured transmission and storage security effectively and efficiently but the system described above is not sophisticated enough. So, in the future work, more sophisticated versions of the current system for encryption and authentication is planned to be implemented.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 1.0 Introduction An operating system (OS) is a software program that manages the hardware and software resources of a computer. The operating system is an essential component of the system software in a computer system. The operating system programs make system resources available to user(s), the user’s application programs and to other application programs running on the computer. (From Silberschatz and Gagne et al., 2010) Some operating systems are designed to be convenient, others to be efficient and some combination of the two (From Silberschatz and Gagne et al., 2010).... [tags: Hardware, Software, Computer, Operating Systems]
2389 words (6.8 pages)
- Subsystems Identify subsystems in technological systems The definition of a subsystem is a system within a system larger than itself. An example of technological subsystems would be the hard drive, the motherboard, the power supply, the random access memory and the monitor in the computer system. All the components work together to be able to recreate the modern computer. 1. The Case is used to keep all of the components together and connects to the motherboard. It is connected using the LED cables to light up the LEDs at the front of the computer case.... [tags: Personal computer, Computer, Operating system]
1094 words (3.1 pages)
- The Quantum Computer and the Impact If Made Profitable The first all around computer was the ENIAC that was created 1940's. This computer was basically calculator, capable of addition, subtraction, multiplying, division, sign differentiation, and square root extraction. Computers since then have continually been getting more compact while improving in memory, RAM, speed and user friendliness. The modern computer now has transistors the size of eleven atoms. Because of such minuscule scales that computers now use, computers have now reached a theoretical speed bump in proficiency.... [tags: modern computer, eniac, bits, software]
1196 words (3.4 pages)
- Computer Science is many things: engineering, math, science, art. The field is diverse; from coding robots who can map the bottoms of oceans to animating digital characters for Disney’s next film, computing has immersed itself in virtually every area and concentration of career. The idea of computing itself exists in both the physical and theoretical world, requiring abstract and concrete thinking to fully understand it. But what exactly makes computer science what it is. What specifically makes an profession that has been around for less than a century one of the most integral parts of modern society.... [tags: Science, Scientific method, Computer science]
1288 words (3.7 pages)
- From the very beginning of the internet malicious code was being written. In fact very the first harmful code was created on accident. Going back to the 1949, Self-replicating programs were being developed. (Nash) This was even before the time of the internet during this time code was spread via floppy disks. The Very first worm that was released accidentally by a 23 year old Cornell student Robert Morris. (Nash) He unleased the worm that caused great harm it spread across the internet at a phenomenal rate.... [tags: Computer virus, Malware, Trojan horse]
1191 words (3.4 pages)
- The purpose of a computer programmer is to design and develop applications to perform the needs of a consumer. This occupation is essential to modern day life due to all of the computers that are in use today. Computer programming is a fulfilling career goal because of the ability to be on the cutting edge of technology, design software for computers, and have a wide range of benefits. Computer programming consists of many duties. Duties of a computer programmer include but are not limited to: debugging programs, converting project specifications and procedures to a logical visual map, repairing existing programs, writing documentation about current programs, and many more (Farr 187).... [tags: Computer Science]
1274 words (3.6 pages)
- When I was in middle school, I had totally no idea of what Computer Science is, but I was pretty proficient in using computers at that age. The only thing that I knew about Computer Science is that one of my aunts is in that field and that’s all, nor of my parents are in that major. Not until in High School that I got the sense of what programming is like. I was taught basic simple codings and I really enjoyed it and thought that the class was actually quite fun. But the class didn’t give me any sense of the important real-world applications of Computer Science.... [tags: Computer science, Computer, Computer graphics]
1074 words (3.1 pages)
- An operating system is defined by Wikipedia as: a collection of software that manages computer hardware resources and provides common services for computer programs. The most common operating system worldwide is Microsoft. On November 20th 1985 Microsoft introduced windows. Microsoft came to quickly overcome other operating systems like MAC operating systems by dominating the world's personal computer market with over 90% market share. Even though MAC had been around longer, it had been introduced in 1984.... [tags: technology, computer, phones]
830 words (2.4 pages)
- History of the Computer The first devices that resemble modern computers date to the mid-20th century (around 1940 - 1945), although the computer concept and various machines similar to computers existed earlier. Early electronic computers were the size of a large room, consuming as much power as several hundred modern personal computers. Modern computers are based on tiny integrated circuits and are millions to billions of times more capable while occupying a fraction of the space. Today, simple computers may be made small enough to fit into a wristwatch and be powered from a watch battery.... [tags: Technology Innovation Computer History]
1231 words (3.5 pages)
- Computer Systems Push a single button and you are connected to the world. It has revolutionized our economy, culture, and lifestyle. It connects you to the world through the internet, where you can check e-mail or read the news. It also allows you to process and store important data and information. When you think of computers you think of a variety of things, such as games, the internet, and e-mail. The computer in our generation serves as a tool to educate and entertain. The technology for computers is growing rapidly, as many companies compete to advance hardware and software.... [tags: essays research papers]
1048 words (3 pages)