If you have a multi-regional website that targets people from different countries, you can use a different version to reach that audience.
The Challenge of Expansion
Make no mistake, expanding your website to cover numerous countries and languages will prove a challenge. The biggest issue that you can run into with this is that because you have multiple website versions, you will have a split focus. For example, if you have problems with the French version of your website but none on the English version, you may not even realize it. To combat the problem, you have to create the appropriate IT infrastructure so that you can handle site problems without a struggle.
Best Practices for Multilingual Websites
First, make sure that the page language looks obvious. Google will only use visible content on your page when looking at the language. They do not use code-level language for information, which can put programmers outside the loop. To help Google determine languages, avoid side-by-side translate because these will often prove inaccurate. Because of the differences in language, you will pronounce words and express yourself differently through the varied languages.
Thinking about a boilerplate? If you only translate the boilerplate text in your pages, and you keep the bulk of your content inside a single la...
... middle of paper ...
...that languages do not have a direction. For example, you can write Azeri or the language of Azerbaijan in Cyrillic or Latin scripts. You can also write it with an Arabic script, which will be written from right to left. With this type of content, you can specify text direction using the code, "dir="rt1," which is an attribute and all of the well-known browsers will support it.
Before you jump into a multilingual website, you should first do your research and understand the differing ethical views. Different countries will view humor, symbolism and sexuality differently. You do not want to overlook this when translating a site because it could prove a disaster for your business. DarLukman translation services offer a practical view of translation. They can help you to target your business message, and they will offer you practical advice that serves your business.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... • Commonalities of mispronunciation e.g. the problems with Arabic pronunciation of /p/ as /b/ will occur whether or not the learner is in a mono or multilingual group; as will the difficulties of French pronunciation of aspirate /h/. • Transfer from L1 (the superimposition of form and structure from L1 onto L2) is multiplied. Cook cites research by Lado (Cook, 1993 p11) detailing the addition of the /e/ sound before consonant clusters by Spanish learners. They do this because of their need to follow the syllable structure of Spanish.... [tags: teaching programs, expectations]
1257 words (3.6 pages)
- The basic concepts and purposes of multicultural counseling include the following answers. The main purpose of multicultural counseling is creating a positive and friendly environment, when counseling clients from an ethical or racial background or minority group. The main goal for counselors is to recognize issues of multicultural diversity in today’s society. These potential clients can include people in business, medical, or manufacturing as well as, students, and immigrants. The culture centered approach to counseling in a positive way but these behaviors can have no meaning, until both the client and the therapist understand the cultural context.... [tags: multicultural counseling, counseling, ]
489 words (1.4 pages)
- Blogger vs. WordPress the Winner Revealed There are so many website hosting platforms and websites available on the internet for blogging purposes and many others. Two very eminent names which come to mind when it comes to blog hosting is Blogger and WordPress. Since newbies find it very difficult as to which of these two to choose, it is very imperative for everybody who would love to own a blog get know the differences in features that they both share and have. They both have some features which clearly differentiate them and clearly make one win when it comes to which of them is the best.... [tags: Blog, Blogger, Website, Pyra Labs]
932 words (2.7 pages)
- We are a website development company that is focused solely on the quality of our work and the efficiency of our website design and development operations performed by our experienced design teams. We offer a wide variety of website development options guaranteed to be effective in making your website stunning and captivating to any customers or visitors that you may receive. Professional Web Design Company Web applications are continuing to expand and have become more complicated than they once were.... [tags: Website, Web design, World Wide Web, Design]
741 words (2.1 pages)
- The class activity was simple: draw a self-portrait. As Ms. Caldera began to look through her students' work, one stood out to her. The drawing was of a young fair-skinned, blond-hair, and blue-eyed girl. Normally this would not be a problem, but in this case it was. The girl who had drawn herself was actually quite the opposite: rich dark skin, brown hair, and brown eyes (Caldera). Considering that the United States is such a large melting pot of cultures, it is normal for children to have difficulty balancing between two cultures.... [tags: social issues, multiculural education]
2756 words (7.9 pages)
- “If you want to understand today, you have to search yesterday,” quoted Pearl Buck. Most everyone has a time in their life where history becomes important to them. Whether that be tracing back family heritage, writing a research essay, or just out of curiosity. All and all, history is very influential to people’s lives and what better way to learn about history then to visit the website “Image Archive on the American Eugenics Movement.” This credible website offers an opportunity for the public to learn more about our American history in an interactive and creative way.... [tags: Website Review, Reliable Sources]
973 words (2.8 pages)
- In England in 2009 smoking attributed to over 81,000 deaths in those over 35 years old, 18 per cent of all deaths in this age group (The Information Centre NHS, 2011). Over sixty years ago the causal link between smoking and lung cancer was recognized (Doll, R. and Hill, A., 1950). Since that time smoking has been linked to numerous types of cancer (IARC, 2002) and other diseases (NHS Choices, 2009). As a consequence the nurses' role in promoting smoking cessation is vital. Effectiveness in this role depends upon understanding the evidence in order to overcome any misunderstandings that patients may have.... [tags: Website Review]
2227 words (6.4 pages)
- A website is a source where people can find information about a company or entrepreneurship. A website will also help expand a business by being able to communicate with customers and employees in an effective manner. The cost of a website is inexpensive in which there is only a one-time fee. Competition exists in every business that will lead to innovation that will introduce new products and methods in which all businesses need. This website will make it convenient to make any changes or new advertisements for a business.... [tags: Web hosting service, Website, Web server]
1054 words (3 pages)
- Medium of production, textual form, perspective and choice of language are all core factors in influencing the meaning of a text. Choice of language can play a pivotal role in providing an insight into the author of a texts' perspective, which is vital when determining the intended meaning of a text. Textual form and the medium of production of a text are also important, as these help to convey the author's perspective, and results in a better understanding of the meaning of the text. The impacts of these factors will be evaluated in the following examples, which illustrates how they can influence meaning in texts, in regards to the relationships between individual memory and documented... [tags: Website Analysis]
1173 words (3.4 pages)
- Critique of a Website Web sites are just like magazines, newspapers, brochures, menus, or even directions on how to make nitroglycerin from house-hold goods, in that they all have to be put together in such a manner that whoever is reading or browsing over it will be able to clearly distinguish this from that. In this sense, a critique of any particular web site will have justification, while carefully considering also that this is an altogether new medium of information exchange. Now, all of this talk of togetherness is actually a general reference to basic design principles, such as color coordination, if color is used, text size, font choice/ style, art integration, accessibility, and j... [tags: Website Design Analysis Essays Papers]
1625 words (4.6 pages)