Within the key capital planning documents and reports at the university, the Multi-Year Capital Plan will serve as a strategic document that outlines the approach of managing capital resources over the planning cycle (appendix 1). This document will remain as a four-year plan, and will be modified and reviewed annually to make necessarily adjustments. This plan will also align with Alpha University’s academic priorities with capital planning and management. The Multi-Year Capital Plan strives to highlight and prioritize major capital projects or programs that are emerging or underway. This plan will propose and encompass all the dimensions of capital planning of the university such as physical assets (buildings, infrastructure, maintenance and renewal etc.); however, the following concerns must be addressed with the highest priority before any other recommendations can be considered: “any increase in tuition and fees must result in a proportional increase in the student financial aid budget; the faculty and staff are expecting at least a 3.5% salary increment for the next
fiscal year” (Barr & McClellan, 2011, para. 3). Additionally, while the university budget committee has received budget i...
... middle of paper ...
...0,000, the university should keep in mind this renewal would be an investment to the community, as it would pay for itself in five years (Barr & McClellan, 2011).
In conclusion, while Alpha University has experienced unprecedented capital investment in recent years, there remains a need to continue to further develop and improve capital projects that address academic and research program growth and change. In other words, there is room to grow and address deficiencies within our university -
the community must continue to renew and enhance buildings), utility and technology infrastructure required to support campus buildings (Daigneau, 2003). However, while recognizing that further capital investments are required to support our institution’s priorities, our community must place a greater emphasis on renewing and maintaining our existing campus and infrastructure.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Marshall Plan First and foremost, a great deal of Europe’s success would not have happened without its initial aid from the United States. After helping destroy so much of the continent, the U.S. pumped billions and billions of dollars back into the European economy through The Marshall Plan. It was named after Secretary of State George C. Marshall, who said “The world of suffering people looks to us for leadership. Their thoughts, however, are not concentrated alone on this problem. They have more immediate and terribly pressing concerns where the mouthful of food will come from, where they will find shelter tonight, and where they will find warmth.... [tags: George C. Marshall The Marshall Plan Essays]
2052 words (5.9 pages)
- ... When the dream comes to reality, the employee looks out for the basic needs and trashes the whole luxury facilities. Many ” Infoscians” (Infosys employee) are happy with the work culture and core values in the organization but the attrition continues. Every annual survey fails to restructure the same problem that is being raised by the employee in consecutive years, which was not heard by the managers and top leaders as they continue with their old fashioned management mantras. And it is the actual reason of junior-mid level exits – The compensation plan, the Basic pay.... [tags: business, information technology]
1370 words (3.9 pages)
- Distribution of Surplus and Finance Capital There are two different types of capitalists Industrial and Finance capitalists. Both have price mark-up power however finance capitalists perform a technical function, which increases efficiency in the use of financial reserves. There is however a contradiction in the relations among both since they have the same interest in the exploitation of labor yet both also competes to divide the surplus among themselves. (Davis 2012: 8) Payment of Interest and Financialization Interest is a division of total profit, distributed to money capitalists and to production capitalists.... [tags: Debt, Finance, Investment, Creditor]
761 words (2.2 pages)
- The City of Alexandria is recognized as one of the best places to live and do business on the east coast. In 2004, the Alexandria City Council adopted a Strategic Plan for 2004 thru 2015 with the vision of maintaining the city’s vibrant, diverse, historic, and unique neighborhoods. Their mission is to maintain financial stability, provide excellent services that are valued by the customers, and engage the entire community as it plans for the future (City of Alexandria, 2010). In fiscal year 2009, the City of Alexandria received the Distinguished Budget Presentation Award for its annual budget.... [tags: Local Government Budget]
2368 words (6.8 pages)
- Best Buy, one of the biggest consumer electronics retailers in the world, provides products from smartphone, computers to large electronic appliances. It aims at offering a large variety of products with outstanding customer service at a comparably economical price. Yet, it has been facing internal and external challenges in the recent years. Bottom line and the share price are slightly catching up after a fall in 2013 but still barely satisfying the shareholders and customers are changing their purchasing habits which may threaten its future.... [tags: internal, external challenges, purchasing]
1715 words (4.9 pages)
- Marketing Plan Today’s world is non-existence if there is no Internet and mobile. Colors Network was established in view to give best network throughout the globe. Over the last two years, Colors has sky rocketed in giving the best service in mobile networks and internet. Colors have invested several million dollars in research to provide network access to millions of users at the same time without congestion. Current Products • Wired Network. • Wireless Network. • Mobile on Contract. • Internet via Dongle.... [tags: Mobile, Growth, Budget]
789 words (2.3 pages)
- ... 375). In order to do any of these, huge amounts of resources must be accounted for. In the end, investors, employees and stockholders will certainly benefit. It is important to remember that while a corporation determines what they invest in and where their money goes, investors do not usually have the same influence. Additionally, nothing is done for free, even the analysis of potential projects costs money and many of them never materialize (Ehrhardt & Brigham, 2011, p. 382). There can be numerous criteria that determine which capital budgeting project is selected.... [tags: project selection, investment decisions]
906 words (2.6 pages)
- Introduction/Executive Summary TopLines’ mission is to provide clients with consistent, captivating marketing techniques and get them trained on using social media to engage with and grow their community. Our goals are to help client create memorable experiences for their customers with a “do” versus a “say” way of marketing. We also want to foster and encourage social entrepreneurism with partnerships that create positive public relations as an indirect benefit for the company. The company began in 2014 with a small group of entrepreneurs.... [tags: ]
2731 words (7.8 pages)
Developing the Strategic Plan for Civista Medical Center as They Implement a Cardiac Rehabilitation Program
- Financial planning is a key element in the implementation of the strategic plan to ensure organizational objectives are met. The objective of this paper is to continue to develop the overall strategic plan for Civista Mecial Center as they plan to implement a cardiac rehabilitation program. The projected budget will be discuseed along with financial assumptions and capital expenditure planning. The budget will be summarized and the projected budget for phases I and II will be included. Focus of the Program The cardiac rehabilitation program at Civista Medical Center (CMC) will be supervised by professionals with the aim of helping people recuperate from cardiac events, surgery, and cardiac... [tags: Business Management]
1142 words (3.3 pages)
- Some people enjoy machines with smooth, bold lines crafted with some of the finest materials ever exist by some of the world’s finest craftsmen, powered by ground shaking V8s, howling V10s or roaring V12s. It is a symphony and art for some, but not everyone agrees. Some deem the engine sounds annoying, and these machines traveling at triple digits dangerous. This practice has become a nuisance in the district of Chelsea and Kensington. The wealthy from the Middle East head to London every summer as a getaway from the desert heat and religious rules before heading back home for the holy month of Ramadan.... [tags: Law, Property, Middle East, The Residents]
1493 words (4.3 pages)