First up is romance movies, the ones sappy ladies and moms watch while their husbands or boyfriends watch football in the other room or go to another movie in the theatre. Romance movies have this weird love that goes on in them. Some characteristics include; sex scenes, lovey dovey affection, hate (sometimes) that ends up in love, marriages, divorces, new found love, and really anything that can happen between a man and female, female and female, man and man, whichever someone prefers. Romance movies are often seen as “chick flicks” while some may agree, others disagree. The ONLY reason they are considered “chick flicks” is because it’s a romance and theirs sappy love. There is no real evidence of it being labeled as a “chicks only flick”, men actually prefer to watch some ...
... middle of paper ...
...ome comedic horror movies and comedic romance but for right now, comedy is just by itself and wants to be alone forever. If a parent wanted to watch a comedy movie, they might want to watch Jack and Jill or Sandlot. There are so many types of comedy movies but it’ll be easier to narrow it down once you find out whos in the movie and who is your favorite actor.
In conclusion, these types of movies can be broken down even more but it’ll be okay until the final draft of this paper. Horror movies, honestly, would not recommend showing a 6-13 year old, same with the rest of the movies because they are all pretty bad in their own ways. Not like, bad as in terrible movie, but bad as in has some curse words, sex scenes, violence, etc. But, if a teenager wanted to watch any of these types of movies they could refer back to this paper and see which description they like best.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Think of just one word to describe Johnny Depp. It’s hard, isn’t it. Johnny Depp is an actor that brings such an electrifying presence to the big screen that no other actor has done before. This is primarily due to the numerous characters that he’s played throughout his acting career. His characters range from dark and scary to hilarious and downright bizarre, and his ability to transform himself into anyone and create such obscure and weird characters is amazingly remarkable. While many actors only stick to what is comfortable for them, Johnny Depp is able to go above and beyond with each role he receives.... [tags: Acting Career, Characters, Movies]
1664 words (4.8 pages)
- A car peels into a dark road. The sound of thunder and rain scare the passengers inside the car. The driver reads a map drenched with water as the paper falls apart. The passengers are convinced they are lost, but the driver refuses to admit it. He ignores his gut feeling and he takes a road down the wrong path. They head into a world of darkness, mystery and the unknown as the car disappears into the night. This premise sounds similar to the tropes seen in a horror story. If this were in real life, the story would be cut short, and we would not explore the rest of this story.... [tags: Technology and Movies]
2280 words (6.5 pages)
- Musicals: in the Splendid Theater or in the Technological Movies It is curious to see the great star of the musical Wicked on Broadway, Indina Menzel, giving her voice to a character in Disney’s Movie, Frozen. This movie, that is an example of success, has won many awards, among them the Oscar for the best animation movie and music. However, does a musical produced in a theater such as Les Miserables or Chicago have the same success and prestige as the movie version. The advance of technology in the field of cinema that has been possible to adapt and improve the stories of books, real facts, and of course, musical theater presentations, makes everyone think the answer is no.... [tags: disney movies, broadway]
686 words (2 pages)
- Evil is a characteristic that you see in everyday life, movies, plays, video games, and books such as Othello and The Lion King. In Othello, Shakespeare perceived Iago as amoral with a power to persuade people around him in believing his lies. A similar role was portrayed by Scar in Disney’s The Lion King, who became king by manipulating and deceiving others. Scar along with Iago was the primary antagonist in Disney’s The Lion King and Shakespeare’s Othello. The two evil doers share similar characteristics and qualities, but not many that will be a benefit.... [tags: Literary Elements]
876 words (2.5 pages)
- Surely, everyone is fond of the idea of friendship. In fact, to most people living on this earth believe that friends are the most important part of their lives. There have been lots of sayings, quotes, movies and music about the theme, friendship; and this also impacted many people in the way they see the idea of having friends and that it is worthwhile to have someone to rely on. The importance of friendship cannot just be forgotten like a snap of one’s fingers. It has stuck on to the minds of people through movies, such as ‘Harry Potter’ and TV series, like ‘Friends’.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
1163 words (3.3 pages)
- Goals in the Movies Center Stage and Miracle Dreams and goals are one thing that everyone has in common. Everyone has a dream or goal that they strive for; whether it takes a couple days to accomplish, or a lifetime, everyone has at least one. The movies Center Stage and Miracle tell two different stories of triumph, using determination and the inner belief of oneself, to overcome the obstacles standing in the way of their dreams. In both of the movies they show that it takes a great deal of effort and time to reach ones goals, but everyone can accomplish them as long as their minds are set on them.... [tags: Films Movies]
1203 words (3.4 pages)
- Introduction The growth of the Internet has led to many new innovations in the way it is used. At first, it was just a form of text-based communication, similar to mail except faster. Then, as connections became quicker, people started to browse web pages, and soon even children could have their own space on the Internet. Today, many people around the world have broadband, which transfers text and pictures much faster than users can read. So developers created programs to use this extra bandwidth, programs that utilized the widespread nature of the Internet.... [tags: Internet Piracy Movies]
2892 words (8.3 pages)
- Latino Gangs in Movies American filmmakers of the late twentieth century portrayed Latinos as merciless pursuers of the "American Dream". The Latino immigrants were characterized as "Urban Bandidos", seeking the path to ultimate wealth and power in a society dominated by Anglo authority. West Side Story, Fort Apache, and Scarface each portrayed the Latino character differently, but commonly depicted the "Urban Bandido" as a man in search of money and power in America. Not only do these immigrants fight for the warped American dream, but they often fight without fear, willing to risk almost anything to reach the top.... [tags: Movies Films Gangs Violence Essays]
739 words (2.1 pages)
- In the chapter, "Lost at the Movies"; pages 113-116, we are introduced to the movie culture. His family went to see Jurassic Park: Lost world and he couldn't believe the thought that was put into the movie. He could not fathom how a huge prehistoric dinosaur could go unseen through a huge city and suburbs. The movie made $92.7 million in the first weekend. Bryson comments " for all its $100 million-plus budget, contains about $2.35 worth of actual thought " (114) The movie Speed 2 was created by the directors' dream.... [tags: I'm A Stranger Here Myself Review Analysis Bryson]
1395 words (4 pages)
- Movies When I was a kid (not that long ago, thank you), movies made me dream of what my life would be like when I grew up. After coming back from a great movie, I could sit in my room for hours and fantasize about the worlds I would see and the places I would visit outside my bedroom window, the places that only exist in that narrow, nebulous space between dreaming and waking. As I grew older, "wiser" and less innocent, I realized that those moments of fantasy can only be captured for a moment.... [tags: Papers]
1109 words (3.2 pages)