It was October 2002, most residents of Maryland were beginning to turn there attention towards the upcoming holiday, Halloween as they had for countless years prior. Unbenounce to the citizens of D.C. that this would be a holiday season that they would never forget as the greatest evil imaginable will soon be unleashed upon them for the next 3 and a half weeks. Two serial killers were taking aim at victims as they played out their everyday lives doing things that would not theoretically put them in harm 's way; But, during that time, that month, they became part of history as they fell pray to Lee Boyd Malvo and John Allen Muhammed or as they would become known as the "Beltway Snipers".
Born on December 31,1960 and raised in Baton Rouge Louisiana due to the death of his mother at the age of 4 years old John Allen Williams was a troubled child. As a young teen Williams join the Louisiana Army National Guard, Williams was a decorated young soldier who showed much promise until the early 1980. It was during this time frame that young Williams began to show signs of a childhood filled with resentment due to the early loss of his mother. Williams was reprimanded on different occasions for such offenses and striking a officer and going awol. It was during his time as a member of the National Guard that Williams would meet his future wife Carol Kaglear. Kaglear and Williams had a son that they named Lindbergh. In 1985, after joining the US Army and converting his life to Islam John Allen "Muhammad" began to take control of life after getting divorced and remarrying Mildred Green while being assigned to a unit in Washington State. Muhammad was a dedicated father and mil...
... middle of paper ...
...ve police Specific Instructions On what the snipers were expecting. With emotions at their Peak Comma Hotlines Fielding phone call after phone call With information of sightings After sightings, It Has been documented That the most Important information would come Muhammad and Malvo themselves. In September 2002 In Montgomery Alabama, A liquor store was robbed And A homicide occurred. This information was relayed to a Catholic priest during a phone call From the brash snipers. This information was then turned over to the FBI And the beginning of the end Was nearing for the Beltway snipers. The stupidity or bravado Of the snipers Allowed authorities To revisit this case in which Lee Boyd Malvo Was linked To this particular homicide. As investigators began to dive deep into The past of Lee Boyd Malvo They were able to uncover The Criminal profile John Allen Muhammad.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- According to federal law The term ‘serial killings’ means a series of three or more killings, not less than one of which was committed within the United States, having common characteristics such as to suggest the reasonable possibility that the crimes were committed by the same actor or actors. Throughout history serial killers have always been a fascination among many individuals. On numerous of occasions law enforcement has tried to dive into the psyche of these killers to determine why they kill.... [tags: Murders, Assasinations, Sniper]
1548 words (4.4 pages)
- The DC Sniper Beltway Attacks MalvoHow It All Started October 2002 was the beginning of what seemed like the longest three weeks in the Washington Metropolitan Area. No one wanted to believe that what was happening would change the lives of thousands. What appeared to be a random killing spree by an enraged lunatic, turned out to be part of a massive plan that claimed the lives of ten innocent people in DC, Maryland, and Virginia. When these shootings first began, they were believed to be linked to a white van or truck.... [tags: Beltway sniper attacks, John Allen Muhammad]
1231 words (3.5 pages)
- A. Plan of Investigation This investigation analyzes how the reports of the Beltway Sniper Attacks were given (newspaper or television, etc.) changed the public’s reaction the amount attention that was given to this event. To be able to analyze this, I will look at different newspaper reports that were published discussing the different ways that the media took to reporting about this event. The varying reasons for differing reports will be explored; along with the different ways these reports affected American citizens.... [tags: false information, ban, shootings]
1233 words (3.5 pages)
- Beltway Sniper: Criminal Theory Strain and Differential John Allen Muhammad and Lee Boyd Malvo are two murderers that are known as the Beltway Sniper. Muhammad and Malvo killings are known to be random, which categorizes their killings as a killing spree. During the duration of their killing spree, they caused major panic throughout the United States. This notorious shootings that terrorized the United States took place in 2002. The shootings ended up taking the lives of 10 individuals and injuring 3 others (Blades, 2005, para.1).... [tags: Beltway sniper attacks, John Allen Muhammad]
1078 words (3.1 pages)
- Throughout the first part of the semester we have discussed a number of different topics which together are considered to be the essence behind Beyond the Beltway Politics. Perhaps the most important of all the topics which have discussed so far is the relationship between state and local governments. Unfortunately, many people often times overlook the importance of a sound relationship between state and local governments. Instead they focus their attention on the decisions that are made in within the confines of the Beltway which often times prove to be of minimal importance on a local level.... [tags: American Politics]
1530 words (4.4 pages)
- "There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful thananything that bleeds. Don 't wait until you break. - Laurell Hamilton" This is oftentimes the sentiment felt by soldiers who have served in active duty and have been witnesses to tragedies that leave them emotionally scarred. The Clint Eastwood directed film, American Sniper is amovie that features the real life tragedy of American soldier, Chris Kyle, who served in theUnited States military as a Navy Seal, which is an elite group (Kenny, 2014 and Treitschke,2015).... [tags: Posttraumatic stress disorder, Vietnam War, Army]
1587 words (4.5 pages)
- The movie industry is so important to our lively hoods. We dress up and go to premieres as if it was the most significant event that is the universe will ever hold. For 2 hours we snack on buttered popcorn and the sweet sour candy, and we live in a fantasy world. The emotions that run through our body feel realer than ever. It makes us connect. I cannot lie, but I simply can’t wait for the new Star Wars premiere. I will be buying my tickets as soon as possible. This movie has crossed into multiple generations and is a story line that everyone knows.... [tags: Film, Narrative, Movie theater, Entertainment]
727 words (2.1 pages)
- Guns are just objects that don’t have the free will to kill. Guns don’t kill people, people like people. Guns don 't kill people just like pencils do not misspell the words on your paper; that’s your mistake. Guns do not load themselves with bullets just like forks don’t make you fat when you scarf down dark chocolate cake. On the website, debate.org, people threw their hats in the ring and gave their opinions about, “Do guns kill people?” one individual said, “If we didn 't have guns we wouldn 't be standing up for our democracy and wouldn 't be able to protect ourselves (if there were ever a need) against an over- controlling, corrupt, government.” The movie, American Sniper was also about... [tags: Firearm, Gun politics in the United States]
1957 words (5.6 pages)
- Movies, wow. I mean everybody loves movies. People of every age, race or nationality, give sometime to themselves to sit and watch movies. Movies are basically a source of entertainment through which people relax, get some knowledge or learn something for themselves or sometimes watching a movie is for pure enjoyment. So the question is how people watch movie or film or any other video. Sometimes people watch a movie at home and sometimes they prefer to go out of their house and enjoy some outdoor experience of watching at some cinemas or theaters.... [tags: Film, Movie theater, Movie projector]
2761 words (7.9 pages)
- The Movie Othello The movie Othello is full of very believeable and well developed characters. As it is a tradgedy, thought, we have to have a victim or victims, in this case Othello, and the cause of their misery, which is Iago. Iago manipulates Cassio, Roderigo, Emilia, and Othello, useing a variety of methods. Iago's plots are skillfully crafted with multiple levels of intrigue. Iago also pays attention to the smallest detail, proveing his skill as a villian. Thus, Iago is a masterful villian who manipulates all those around him.... [tags: Movie Film comparison compare contrast]
872 words (2.5 pages)