As in service industry, customer service weighs a lot in management considerations of expansion. From the previous report, we learned that people can be motivated by different things, and managers use various methods to evaluate employees. By analyzing with the JCM, we gained the explanation of motivational potentials for guest service staff.
Various skills are needed for accomplished different kinds of tasks
An employee serves part of the whole guest experience
Small task weighs little in the whole hotel services, but it can have huge impact on guest experiences and the impression of hotel
The staff has supervision from upper management, assigned work role and immediate request from customers
Service work nature gains feedback frequently and timely from customers
(Goes to Appendix)
Guest service staff needs to have high degree of skill variety, including conceptual, physical, technical and people skills. With the conceptual skill, employees will be able to formulate the process and solve problems. The main task for guest service staff is to do various jobs to help with customers’ needs and understand the entire guest experience in diverse ways. To keep the flexible schedule, the staff must be organized and willing to be deployed wherever needed in their working period. Physical skill can be a requirement for guest service, because the variety of the job nature sometimes offers the physical challenge like moving heavy luggage in long distance or working and standing in long hours. Guest service staff works on check-in to cleaning, and communicating with customers, colleagues and supervisors exists in ev...
... middle of paper ...
...employees who got the highest average quarterly will win the reward, but same person cannot be rewarded in two continuous quarters. To achieve high degree of expectancy, this program makes employees performances publicly monitored by the customers and supervisors, and celebrate the achievement of winning reward to set acceptable goals. Similarly, good behavior links to the reward and high degree of instrumentality. Positive reinforcement builds up employees motivation and ambition to perform better. Company will expect high degree of valence through the analysis of Job Characteristics Model that employees wol can perform with standards and beyond will fairly get the reward.
Through the complete analysis of expectancy theory, by using these two incentive programs we proposed, SunCoast can efficiently motivate guest service staff to perform the tasks in a better way.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Slide 1 The Happy Guest Relationship Management (HGRM) system has seen huge success in its implementation into Hotel Lugano Dante and Hotel Berna’s business operations. The system has allowed for the continued expansion and growth of these hotels, enabling Fontana to provide a five-star customer service experience within a four-star hotel. Through capitalising on technological innovations Fontana was able to achieve these competitive advantages and standout in an otherwise saturated market. The further development of this system will ensure that Fontana is able to sustain this success and promote future growth.... [tags: Hotel, Customer service, Hotels, Star]
1548 words (4.4 pages)
- I was born in Birmingham, England, on the night of August 20, 1881. The American people refer to me as the 'poet of the people'. Who am I. I am Edgar Albert Guest, one of the mosst popular, inspirational poets of the twentieth century. Many people may remember me not only by my 'poet of the people' title, but also by my 4th volume of poetry, A Heap O'Livin, which sold over a million copies in 1916. I never could of done it without my family, hard work, and a creative mind. I was born to Edwin and Julia Wayne Guest in England.... [tags: Edgar Albert Guest]
672 words (1.9 pages)
- ... McDonald’s has one of the best recruitment histories in hiring quality staff that provides that outstanding service to consumers. Some of the methods used to recruit and be able to select is through job centers, careers fairs and through advertising. They are extremely important for McDonald’s to use effective hiring material and send clear messages to those they are aiming to target. Ages 20 or under are the most common applicants McDonalds receives on a daily basis. And for most of them McDonalds is their first job experience.... [tags: hiring, staff, customer, service, skills]
1009 words (2.9 pages)
- Induction of staff is a vital step undertaken by the administration to ensure that their staffs remain effective in provision of services to consumers. The aim of this research is to analyse how effective induction of nurses is in retaining the nurse bank staff. From the population sample of the nurses and other staff members, the research will seek to address the views of the sample population to understand how effective induction is. Pre test designs The participants that have been selected to serve as a sample are placed in several groups from where they can now be researched on.... [tags: Health Care, Nurse Bank Staff]
2077 words (5.9 pages)
- The phrase ‘the stick or the carrot’ can be seen to represent two types of motivators, the stick being threat of punishment and the carrot being a style of reward (Gӓchter, 2012). Both forms of motivators are present in different types of management styles; punishment is most common in a traditional management approach, while reward schemes are more apparent in contemporary approaches which embrace a greater focus on human relations. The aim of this essay is to discuss and critically analyse what the key is to effective staff motivation strategies in leisure service organisations.... [tags: Motivation, Maslow's hierarchy of needs]
1486 words (4.2 pages)
- Going into this internship I honestly didn’t know what to expect or how to feel. I was anxious, nervous and excited because this is the first official job I have ever had so everything was new to me. Working in multiple positions in the same outlet allowed me to widen my understanding of Harbourside and each position taught me new skills that I will continue to develop in the years to come. The first of the three main position that I worked was a server. As a server there are three separate roles that I learned to do which are, back-of-house, back-server and front-server (captain).... [tags: Learning, Problem solving, Management, The Guest]
1378 words (3.9 pages)
- Guest Services Performance Management By designing a performance management system, SunCoast can efficiently improve individual performance every day. Our proposed system is the combination of absolute approach and results approach. The reason we chose absolute approach is because the upper management can rate and compare employees’ behaviors to the specific performance statements to give the opinion of employees’ performance position from 1 (Didn’t meet expectation) to 5 (Beyond expectation). By observing the behaviors when guest service staff are working with customers needs and giving answers to customers, the upper management can score employees and decide whether the staff have the abi... [tags: Management, Goal, Behavior]
715 words (2 pages)
- Guest Services Performance Management Performance Management System By designing a performance management system, SunCoast can efficiently improve individual performance every day. Our proposed system is the combination of absolute approach and results approach. The reason we chose the absolute approach is because the upper management can rate and compare employees’ behaviors to the specific performance statements to give the opinion of employees’ performance position from 1 (Didn’t meet expectation) to 5 (Beyond expectation).... [tags: Management, Goal, Performance management]
725 words (2.1 pages)
- The Question of Healing in Ordinary People How do you define healing. In the dictionary it says that to be healed you are cured, resolved, free from worry. But is that what everyone else thinks of healed as. In the novel Ordinary People, written by Judith Guest, Conrad Jarret goes from being a young boy to an adult within a year. He did not know what he was like himself, in the beginning of the story, then there were things that made him grow, and lastly did he heal. At first Conrad did not know who he was or what his purpose was, when he came home form the hospital.... [tags: Judith Guest Ordinary People Essays]
461 words (1.3 pages)
- At the Squishy Tushy Designer Diaper Company, our motto is “Fashion isn’t just for big people anymore” We carry the latest designs in disposable diaper fashion. Our diapers make a statement with a variety of stylish colors and fashionable fits. We carry low rise, tight fit, hip hugger and our best selling baggy fit. These days we understand that fashion can change in a second and we want you to be prepared. When you show up to that play date and see that you are out of fashion, simply use our patented quick release system to rip that diaper off and throw on the latest design.... [tags: essays research papers]
1826 words (5.2 pages)