Any company should always strive for the best to keep their employees motivated and active in the workplace. Paula Leech, Microsoft Dubai Manager stated that, “A great place to work is where there is trust between leaders, management and employees, where people are known to be open...I think it is also critical that people enjoy what they do and be themselves in a connected welcoming and fun way.” Microsoft has done the following to keep their employees motivated. One of the things that Microsoft did to keep their employees engaged was to involve them in the big moments. Microsoft holds an annual meeting in the stadium in Seattle but employees elsewhere felt left out. Microsoft bought 27 influential employees to its meeting. So when the online viewers joined it helped them experience what was it like to be part of Microsoft and to be able to be heard. One of Maslow hierarchy of needs is belongingness. These employees wanted to seek out more belongingness in the company. That is when Microsoft stepped up and decided to have more employees be able to interact and be heard in their meetings. Microsoft offer many benefits to their employees one of them is healthcare. This includes access to a 24 hour healthline. Microsoft is also the first major corporation to offer a benefit for autism therapy. Another benefit that microsoft offers is family and parenting. This benefit includes adoption fee assistance, maternity leave, paid time off for new parents, and discounts on child-care service. Employees may also invest in a 401(k) plan that includes a company match on contributions and an employee stock purchase program. Employees also get to purchase microsoft shares at a discount. Microsoft also encourages constant l...
... middle of paper ...
... analysts polled by Yahoo Finance. Earnings per share were 61 cents, higher than the 51 cents analysts were expecting.” This is great to hear because these were just the results for Microsoft 's third quarter in 2015. Another great thing that is going to help Microsoft even more is the buying of Nokia for $7.2 Billion. Over the next couple of years financial analysts that are following Microsoft’s stock project that they are expected to grow at an average earning of 9%. At this rate everything that Microsoft is doing has been showing a positive outlook for the company for the future. They take care of their employees, make good business decisions, and show that they have a great culture. They have been thriving for the past forty years as a tech company and by the company 's projections and decisions they are making they definitely are in the market for the long run.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Understanding active leadership skills is the essence of leadership through the eyes of successful CEOs and the Western philosopher Cicero from the 1st century. Cicero’s philosophy helps business owners, students and educators to understand how leadership skills assist managers in the business world today. Amazingly in the 21st century the same principles are being practiced as guidelines for business ethics and management. Bragues relates present day management skill through the Ciceronian study’s that consist of: wisdom, justice, greatness and spirit.... [tags: Cicero, management, business, motivation]
2573 words (7.4 pages)
- ... However, not all managers in the real workplace respond the WLB policy positively. In a study about the impact of work-family policies on individual employees, authors point out that some older-generation managers who sacrificed their personal lives to attain the professional achievement require employee spend same amount of efforts and time on work (Poelmans & Sahibzada, 2004). With the negative attitudes, the managers may neglect the benefits of the policy and discourage employee from using the policy.... [tags: perception, behavior, passive]
767 words (2.2 pages)
- There is no doubt that the business world is changing rapidly and that many factors are also simultaneously interacting. Perhaps these factors are created by cultural diversity. The online dictionary source, http://en.wiktionary.org defines diversity in the social context as a business strategy encouraging differences in order to compete in a marketplace with a heterogeneous customer base. Diversity in the general population, the work force and the market place give many benefits for organizations.... [tags: Racial Diversity, Ethnic Diversity]
1188 words (3.4 pages)
- It is important for today's business to attain and maintain talented human work forces; therefore, many companies strive to seek methods to reinforce human work forces. I think that diverse recruitment and career development actives are good ways to reinforce human work forces because these are motivate employees to increase organization's productivity as well as employees' loyalty to their companies. As diversity flourishing, the most successful companies have tried to deal with diversity toward inside customers, employees and outside customers, real customers.... [tags: business management]
761 words (2.2 pages)
- This present study will focus on the relationship of job satisfaction, self-esteem and stress among organizational employees. Job satisfaction is an attitudinal variable reflecting an employee’s overall feeling toward the profession of an individual. According to Locke (1969) job satisfaction has been defined as pleasing emotional state that results from the assessment of one's job or experiences of an individual’s job. Job satisfaction is an emotional state related to an individual’s work conditions and culture of an organization.... [tags: job satisfaction, employees, workplace]
1656 words (4.7 pages)
- What do we think about when we hear the words code of conduct. There will be a lot of difference of opinions from different individuals, but I think it is basically what an organization expects from its members. Almost every organization, whether it be a Fortune 500 company, a small restaurant chain, bar, or even a fraternal order, they all have expectations of how each of its members or employees should act among each other and when dealing with customers outside the organization. Most of these principles will be set forth by an organization in their Code of Conduct which will most likely have to be reviewed and signed by you before becoming an employee of the company.... [tags: organization, workplace, employees]
1145 words (3.3 pages)
- Chobani Motivating Their Employees Keeping Your Employees Motivated The key to being a good manager is to keep your employees motivated to come to work every day. Being motivated for work also makes the morale in the company greater along with keeping your production up. Chobani’s CEO Hamdi Ulakaya has done an awesome thing to make sure his employees do not lose their motivation. How would you feel if your CEO told you that the employees now own ten percent of the company. That seems unreal that a CEO would just give up ten percent of the company to his employees but this is exactly what Hamdi Ulakaya did.... [tags: Motivation, Expectancy theory, Victor Vroom]
951 words (2.7 pages)
- Definition Employees are at work, but are they actually engaged in their jobs. In October 2013, The Gallup Organization conducted a survey with 230,000 full-time and part-time workers in 142 countries which consisted of 12 questions. According to Gallup’s latest findings, 87% of workers are “not engaged” or “actively disengaged” and are emotionally disconnected from their workplaces (O'Boyle & Harter, 2013, p. 11). Most studies have broken the various types of workers into two groups, engaged and disengaged, but Gallup’s study has broken it down even further.... [tags: emotionally disconnected, job performance]
1793 words (5.1 pages)
- Wal Mart's Motivated Employees When Sam Walton died in 1992, some industry insiders doubted that the Wal – Mart chain that he had founded some 30 years earlier would retain its prominence as a discount retailer. Lost for good they feared, would be the “magic spark” that Walton used to light fires under the chain’s 1.3 million associates. And, as Wal – Mart stock failed to enjoy the same bull – market growth as many other companies in the mid – 1990s, the pundits appeared to be correct. Today, however, with stores in all 50 U.S.... [tags: Wal Mart Analysis Management Strategy]
726 words (2.1 pages)
- How do you get things done in an organization. First, you must have managers who can delegate to employees. Effective managers have the ability to get things done through other people. This is accomplished by motivating employees to accomplish tasks. A manager must be able to delegate these tasks to employees. The technique a manager uses to motivate employees to work for him, will either motivate or dissatisfy employees. Motivated employees will work with the manager to achieve company goals.... [tags: Employee Motivation Essays]
2045 words (5.8 pages)
- Regulation And Oversight Play : Fracking Safe For The Environment
- Theu.s. Bureau Of Justice Statistics
- Animal Testing And Its Effects On The United States
- Analysis Of The Book ' Keeping Faith And The Meaning Of The Civil War '
- Child Labor Is A Form Of Human Trafficking
- Learning Causation Through The Monte Carlo Method