There are many definitions of a family, but the most common one that comes to most of our minds when I say family are your mother, father and siblings. This would be considered your immediate family. I would argue that family is more that that. It is the people that you consider the closest to you. Family should allow a person to develop. A good family environment has dialectic conversations on issues that are going on in your life. Investigating these issues allows you to see different points of views and allows wisdom to be transfer and applied. Also, having a family culture that allows you to voice your opinion and challenge the views that have been taught in the household transforms the person that you are today. This helps grow your mind and permits you to think critically about many things that are presented to you in life. Family also teaches you values and principles in life that w...
... middle of paper ...
...told me could be stories that he had learned and that all of these principles came from the bible. They could challenge that my views on life are because of this religion. They could say that this view on religion I have is unhealthy and not the right way to look at it. Well, I know that my father is a religious man. He is in his mid sixties. He has raised a family and allowed us to have our own beliefs and views. He has made sure to instill in us good principles that we can use and teach our children in the future. The flexibility that my father has given me has allowed me to develop as a person and make good, sound decisions on my own. These are principles and teachings that I hope to pass on to my children. I hope that one day I will be able to raise a family with the same principles, morals and open-mindedness and provide the atmosphere that I have had to develop.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Each person in my family has at least one strong characteristic about them that stands prominent, whether it is their perseverance, their ability to encourage me through the toughest times or to praise me for my good actions, and sometimes its even their humor. My grandpa, grandma, and little brother are the people that I can count on to get a good laugh or some good judgment from. Without them I probably would have struggled to get through the hard times quite a bit more than I did. Often times other people are the most influential part of your life, not just the things you may accomplish in your life.... [tags: Family, Grandparent, Sibling, Mother]
938 words (2.7 pages)
- ... Tamburlaine is said to be an antagonist deep down because of his misogynistic views of women and dislike for children, but he also has some redeeming qualities. In Tamburlaine the Great Part One, Tamburlaine’s main concern is to prevail his birth and he feels as if he has something to prove. His character is conclusive, but charismatic and brave and Tamburlaine also epitomizes the ideal qualities of kingliness. “In response to the great success of Marlowe’s Tamburlaine, … Shakespeare, with the electrifying effect of Tamburlaine upon him, wrote Henry VI” (The Marlowe Society).... [tags: notorious and influential British playwrights]
1448 words (4.1 pages)
- “The Most Influential” When I first met Mrs. Jackson, I had no idea how much she would impact my life. I have been blessed to have her as my English and Spanish teacher for the past three years. Mrs. Jackson has always pushed me to do my best in bothe of the classes I have taken from her. She goes above and beyond to ensure that her students learn everything possible. She is also heavily involved in our community. Mrs. Jackson has been a wonderful mentor to me during my high school years. Ultimately, Mrs.... [tags: teacher, citizen, mentor]
586 words (1.7 pages)
- Christianity is one of the most influential religions in history. Many believe that Jesus of Nazareth founded Christianity. Jesus affected those who knew of him; whether it was a good or bad impact, their lives changed. Scholars believe that Jesus was born around six to four B.C. (before Christ)( WIK) in Bethlehem to Mary and Joseph; Jesus’ birth story can be found in the Gospels for further understanding. Furthermore, at a young age, Jesus sought to be at church to learn more about God. Although His works are more prevalent in his thirties, it is believed that Jesus began performing works during his unknown life period (ages 12-30) (John 21:25).... [tags: Jesus, Christianity, New Testament, Gospel]
1126 words (3.2 pages)
- Most Influential Teacher Perhaps the most influential teacher I have had in my life was my junior year in a high school english teacher. Unlike many of my teachers that preceded Mr. Tufts, he effectively turned his classroom into a space where students felt comfortable sharing thoughts, ideas, opinions and creations with one another, something that I feel was rare during my time in high school. He introduced and fostered curiosity for ideas and themes in literature that I had never thought about up until that point, and because of our parting words with one another, he is solely responsible for my lifelong love of literature, writing, and my wanting to teach high school english.... [tags: Education, Question, Thought, Mind]
707 words (2 pages)
- Uneven, worn cobblestones litter the ground in front of me as I make my way into the heart of one of the ancient world’s most influential cities. Rome, home of great thinkers, grueling Emperors, and the basis of today’s society. Loud chatter fills my ears as I push through the hordes of people in the city of love, with my head held upwards and my eyes locked on the Eiffel Tower. Paris, the city of notorious kings and queens, breath taking architecture and the fashion capital of the world. A warm breeze blows my hair off of my face as the sun glistens off of a Venetian canal, the gondola glides through the green water.... [tags: Rome, Ancient Rome, Roman Empire, Vatican City]
1769 words (5.1 pages)
- The Most Influential Person of the Twentieth Century: Walt Disney What if you went to turn on the television Saturday morning to watch cartoons and they were silent and black and white. Most people just take it for granted. Producing animations with movement and color took time. Walt Disney took the time to figure it all out (Langer). Walt Disney, an influential person in the twentieth century, has influenced technology, education, and entertainment in America. Walt Disney influenced technology.... [tags: animation, theme parks, micky mouse]
814 words (2.3 pages)
- Osama bin Laden “Terrorism is the tactic of demanding the impossible, and demanding it at gunpoint.” Osama bin Laden is one of the most influential terrorist throughout the World. The early life of bin Laden didn’t seem so harsh until he started practicing violent principles of jihad. In 1988, bin Laden created a group, Al-Qaeda, of Muslim’s willing to do violent attacks in and out of the United States. Based on bin Laden’s actions his influence is unacceptable. Osama bin Mohammed bin Awad bin Laden was born on March 10, 1957 in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.... [tags: September 11 attacks, Osama bin Laden, Al-Qaeda]
1005 words (2.9 pages)
- single denomination and its most politically influential” (Warf & Winsberg, 2008). Undoubtedly, the Baptist religion has reached people’s heart to join and experience a new form of faith. Though Pastor Jose’s church wasn’t large and didn’t have an overwhelming number of people, what made it special was how faith was expressed joyfully during the worship. Together, each member sang and prayed to God. This worshiping is all part of Christianity as seen in many Christian denominations. Furthermore, “Baptist view Christianity as way of life, indeed as a life, of worship and obedience in faith and fellowship” (Hays & Steely, 1963, p.... [tags: Christianity, Eucharist, Christian terms, Mass]
715 words (2 pages)
- The Most Influential Audio-Visual Technological Discovery In order for something to be the most influential discovery ever it must follow certain criteria. I'm defining the word discovery to be synomous with invention in that it is something that was "happened upon" and developed and didn't necessarily exist for all time. In order to be the most influential it must permeate every part of our lives, from leisure, education, business, and travel, to the very social system itself. It must be capable of world wide use and also improve life both orally and visually for all members of society.... [tags: Internet Benefits]
1317 words (3.8 pages)
- Learning From Mistakes At The Middle School
- The Personality Type Is Infj : Introverted Intuition With Extraverted Feelings
- The Great Depression And The Depression
- My Experience At The High Level
- A Deeper Look At Christen Grey : Malignant Narcissism With Bdsm Practices
- Scholarly Opinions On Church Fathers, Ignatius Of Antioch And Origin