The most important career goal that I expect to achieve within the next ten years is to be working at Eastside Medical in Snellville, Georgia in the women’s service department. This department services breast health, services in gynecology and maternal services. While working I plan to refine and sharpen my skills so I may develop, manage, and succeed in the care of my patients physically, emotionally, and socially. I do not want to be just a doctor, I want to be apart of my patients experience, both the good and the bad. I want to help and improve, learn and grow. After being able to service my community at Eastside Medical, I would like to receive my masters in business so that I can open my own practice. With my own practice I would like to provide affordable services to those in my community. I also want to be able to apply the research completed throughout my school years within my work so that I can help those women who have issues within their endocrine s...
... middle of paper ...
I also plan on preparing applications for graduate schools and medical schools. This will help me to achieve my goal because I could begin towards improving my brand which will help me be more marketable to schools.
Another action that I plan to take is to go on to get my masters in business after completion of my MD/PhD program so that I can eventually open my own practice.
Also, I plan on shadowing doctors so that I can learn and grow. From this experience I would be able to observe what my life could potentially be like and learn from them so my transition would be smooth.
Lastly, I plan to increase my faith. I am not the most religious person, however, someone needs someone to rely on when times get tough and slowly but surely religion has been increasing its important in my life. This will help me to get through the tough times and obstacles that are ahead.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- TL-I Technology Operations and Concepts What is school. A place to teach students a million facts about a million subjects. A place for students to restate what the teacher has said. Are schools a place for students to show their knowledge by taking many tests. I do not feel these are my goals when it comes to teaching or to my own learning. I have moved away from simple recall to one of deeper understanding. I believe technology is something that is necessary in today's world in order to collaborate, manipulate, research, debate, explain, and present ideas.... [tags: Educational Technology]
1549 words (4.4 pages)
- As a nation, the United States is very focused on education. It is viewed as one of the most important aspects in life. Teachers are not only educators, but they also set the goal for each life of the students they touch. If teachers did not exist, society, jobs, technology and everything else would not exist. We would be nothing but cavemen still drawing on the walls of caves. Teachers are not only educators, but parents and providers. They provide love to each student they come by, and provide them with the knowledge that is needed to succeed in life.... [tags: teaching goals, teaching philosophy]
1326 words (3.8 pages)
- Educational Goals and Philosophy I feel that education is the most important thing in a child’s life. From Kindergarten through high school, nothing has the impact like schooling. Whether it be their friends or enemies or teachers and principals, everything about it, both good and bad, will determine who that person will be. That is why I want to be a teacher. Many students, particularly high school students, lack a positive role model. Most teachers are either completely out of touch with students or live a lifestyle that the students should not emulate.... [tags: School Teaching Learning Essays]
1294 words (3.7 pages)
- "I do believe that when we face challenges in life that are far beyond our own power, it's an opportunity to build on our faith, inner strength, and courage. I've learned that how we face challenges plays a big role in the outcome of them." When I first read this quote from Sasha Azevedo it quickly reminded me of the challenges we face to accomplish our educational goals and how it builds our faith, inner strength, and courage to continue. I have learned that how I face my educational challenges will play a big role with my educational success.... [tags: goals, education, ]
1056 words (3 pages)
- My Educational Goals and Philosophy Statement 'The most important function of education at any level is to develop the personality of the individual and the significance of his life to himself and to others' -Grayson Kirk. The teaching philosophy of progressivism focuses on developing the whole child. This philosophy not only teaches the core subject material, but it also allows the teacher to help develop the person the child is going to be. John Dewey, founder of progressivism, denounced the scholarly and classical school of curriculum.... [tags: Philosophy Teacher Teaching Essays]
1454 words (4.2 pages)
- Leadership is the ability to influence and motivate individuals to achieve the goals they need to reach in order to succeed. Leadership is one of the most important qualities to be found in the administrative person, allowing him or her to run the institution with the highest degree of efficiency. Regarding this criterion, I think I have the ability to create educational and developmental goals that serve the school and the students and help raise the level academic integrity. I also greatly enjoy reading the current research in education and trying to implement new methods in my school.... [tags: Education, Teacher, High school, Decision making]
1753 words (5 pages)
- Long ago I was just a naïve kid who was born normal, like every child at the playground. I didn’t have any goals in life, nor did I think about how education could bring me anywhere. I was born in a strict family, where all Asian parents compare their kids to other child. I was one of these kids who had to be forced to swallow knowledge down my throat, but everything had change after coming to New York. In the following essay, I will touch upon how my thoughts on educational and career goals changes over time, and how I used to walk blindfolded into the wrong path of life.... [tags: High school, College, Middle school, Family]
701 words (2 pages)
- One of the more popular areas of psychology is Educational Psychology. Educational Psychology can be explained several ways. The idea is to study theories and concepts from different parts of psychology and apply them in educational settings. These educational settings may occur in different school settings such as preschool. The goal of educational psychology is to create a positive student-teacher relationship. Educational psychology uses five different types of psychology, behavioral, cognitive, developmental, and social cognitive, and constructivist in this research paper I will be briefly discussing each type of psychology listed above.... [tags: Educational Psychology Essays]
1180 words (3.4 pages)
- Statement of Philosophy and Educational Goals In the following report, I will be discussing my personal philosophy on education and my educational goals. My philosophy will include some of my personal opinions on the nature of students, the nature of knowledge, the purpose of public education, teaching methods and the importance of curriculum. My educational goals will focus on my development plans and future education. I feel that it is natural for students, or for that matter anyone, to want to learn.... [tags: Philosophy of Education Statement Teachers Essays]
769 words (2.2 pages)
- Educational Goals and Philosophy How do I feel about teaching. I feel that the most important career an individual could choose would be education. Teachers play an important role in the lives of young children. They help shape and mold the world's future citizen that will run companies, be politicians, doctors, lawyers, teachers, electricians, construction workers, or whatever they desire. I feel that the most important role of a teacher is to provide children with the best possible education that is available.... [tags: Teaching Education Careers Essays]
843 words (2.4 pages)